The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Apr 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #9,811 of 21,761

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #9,812 of 21,761
Quote:
Any fans of the Heavy Metal animated movie here? As crappy as some of the animation is, it still has a cool factor that is quite unique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2_gOpU0eWU
DF should love this clip.

Well theres a blast from the past, huge fan of the animated movie. I even have the video game lying around someplace and I used to buy the magazines back in the day. I used to pay my buddies older brother to buy it for me because most places wouldn't sell it to me. I don't know about now but back then it was considered to risque to sell to a teenager.

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #9,814 of 21,761
Quote:
I know this is about 50 pages later, but today I learned that Abyss headphone has "The Best Headphone Ever" trademarked.

Umm, What? 
blink.gif
  Do they seriously NOT know that the community doesn't respond well to trolls?  Who runs this company, zardak?

And since they're going around saying crazy s**t like that, why not say that it puts back the quality lost in modern day file compression?  Oh wait... 
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #9,816 of 21,761
I use to buy Heavy Metal mags at flea-markets, the sellers didn't care how old I was. Nowadays, you can get old issues off of Ebay, including entire collections. My fave cover-art was the April '82 issue. Loved those covers!

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #9,817 of 21,761
Quote:
played that last year in the symphony :p or did I... Oh. The band did that last year. Pft. Wind instruments. This song wouldn't get outa my head for quite some time. 

Hey!  Don't "Pft" wind instruments! 
angry_face.gif

Actually, since I was a trombone player, I'm used to it and never really cared.  I also happen to have a couple of very nice violins in storage at my parents' place.  There really aren't very many instrument families I never attempted to play.  I never had the opportunity to try my hand at the Theremin though.  Some day...

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #9,818 of 21,761
I know this is about 50 pages later, but today I learned that Abyss headphone has " The Best Headphone Ever" trademarked.

Oy vey? Really? Geez.

BTW, the HP1000s are the best Heavy Metal cans in the world. Woah.

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #9,819 of 21,761
Quote:

Hey!  Don't "Pft" wind instruments! 
angry_face.gif

Actually, since I was a trombone player, I'm used to it and never really cared.  I also happen to have a couple of very nice violins in storage at my parents' place.  There really aren't very many instrument families I never attempted to play.  I never had the opportunity to try my hand at the Theremin though.  Some day...

VAHT? are they sitting and collecting dust? ): poor things. They must be constantly played on to enrich the goodness. 

): I didn't mean it. Has violins at parents' place.... played the trombone...

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #9,820 of 21,761
Quote:
VAHT? are they sitting and collecting dust? ): poor things. They must be constantly played on to enrich the goodness. 

): I didn't mean it. Has violins at parents' place.... played the trombone...

Oh, they come out of their cases every once in a while to be tuned and inspected.  They'll never be sold though.  And no, I won't tell you where they live.  And I played trombone, guitar, and piano mostly, though I was passable with any brass instrument and electric bass.  Beyond horrible at violin and double bass.

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #9,821 of 21,761
Quote:
I use to buy Heavy Metal mags at flea-markets, the sellers didn't care how old I was. Nowadays, you can get old issues off of Ebay, including entire collections. My fave cover-art was the April '82 issue. Loved those covers!

Yeah I remember running across enough HM mags at flea markets and garage sales way back when myself. Most of the time they were pretty trashed up but sometimes you'd run across some issues that were in mint condition. Easy there 333jeffrey, you're going to send me off on a new mission if we keep this topic up. By the way, you can order the whole HM 90's collection all issues in brand new condition from the Heavy Metal.com site, an it's not even expensive if you live in the USA.

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #9,822 of 21,761
Quote:

Oh, they come out of their cases every once in a while to be tuned and inspected.  They'll never be sold though.  And no, I won't tell you where they live.  And I played trombone, guitar, and piano mostly, though I was passable with any brass instrument and electric bass.  Beyond horrible at violin and double bass.

Whoever said I was going to ask you where they lived 
rolleyes.gif

whoa... so they do collect dust! Injustice! Does someone in your family play? Beyond terrible... back in the days when I listened to people who just started playing. It's fine jazz :) you can use it to your knowledge to create music. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #9,823 of 21,761
Quote:
Whoever said I was going to ask you where they lived 
rolleyes.gif

whoa... so they do collect dust! Injustice! Does someone in your family play? Beyond terrible... back in the days when I listened to people who just started playing. It's fine jazz :) you can use it to your knowledge to create music. 

My grandfather played in the Houston and Dallas symphonies a long time ago. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #9,825 of 21,761
Quote:

I can assume he's dead then Unless I saw him at a DSO concert a long time ago. MENG.  So I guess they be somewhere in Tejas 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Unless you were going to see DSO concerts in the 1930's, I'll assume you missed him.  Yes, he passed away, but he'd be 101 this year (made it to 97); it's not like he didn't live a nice long life.  His wife is my only remaining grandparent, and she turned 100 in September.  And yes, the violins are indeed in Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back