The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #8,656 of 21,763
Quote:
There's an inverse correlation between how good the music is on any SY album and how good the recording quality is. Daydream Nation is the exception.

Speaking of recording quality, I am really astonished at how bad the quality is of Red Hot Chilli Peppers earlier material, especially Californication. But this bad mastering/recording quality does give the music a "magical" attribute" that I cannot explain.. but I'd still wish it was mastered better.

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #8,657 of 21,763
Quote:
Speaking of recording quality, I am really astonished at how bad the quality is of Red Hot Chilli Peppers earlier material, especially Californication. But this bad mastering/recording quality does give the music a "magical" attribute" that I cannot explain.. but I'd still wish it was mastered better.

If Californication is Red Hot Chilli Peppers's "earlier material" than I am really old !
eek.gif

To me "earlier material" is everything before the pivotal Blood Sugar Sex Magic.

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #8,661 of 21,763
They have some great music but also some of it is rather poorly mastered.... I just hate that when you know its great music but when you have really revealing gear it just butchers it lol. Same with Hoobastank and System of a Down. I guess stuff from the 90s is considered more so on the older side. But I really consider stuff from the 50s and 60s to be older music :wink:. Although I love a  bunch of music from all these eras :). But I really do think the quality of music was quite a bit better back in those times and before then. Stuff is just so emotionless and digital/loud. No meaning.

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #8,662 of 21,763

TMAC locked.  I the sad.  Hope temporary lock... hope?  Sit quietly in corner now...

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #8,666 of 21,763
Quote:
Quote:

TMAC locked.  I the sad.  Hope temporary lock... hope?  Sit quietly in corner now...

?????? I haven't sub to it since that happened.

You should totally come back, as that is all over now. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Why was it locked?

Turns out it was just a temp lock to prune the thread of some unnecessary remarks (and the ensuing hullaballoo).  It was - of course - the right thing to do at the right time.

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #8,667 of 21,763
Just peeping into this thread a little quickie to say hey to you guys. I'm on my third week of being sick, this time with a cough that rips my lungs in two, and a mouth and throat filled with blisters and stuff. I really have no idea what's going on, and I have that nagging feeling that since it's been going on for three weeks, just maybe I should confront my fear of MD's and just call a doctor. Good thing my wife still has her cough medicine even though her pneumonia is over, so I've been taking a bit of that (mmm, ephedrine) along with some NSAIDs to make it easier on me (mostly aspirin though, since it works best on me and isn't as dangerous on the liver as some of those others). Getting tobacco is a hassle, especially when I use only smoke-free tobacco products that are meant to be inside the mouth. Gah.

Anyway, I hope you all are doing great. See ya!

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #8,669 of 21,763
Just peeping into this thread a little quickie to say hey to you guys. I'm on my third week of being sick, this time with a cough that rips my lungs in two, and a mouth and throat filled with blisters and stuff. I really have no idea what's going on, and I have that nagging feeling that since it's been going on for three weeks, just maybe I should confront my fear of MD's and just call a doctor. Good thing my wife still has her cough medicine even though her pneumonia is over, so I've been taking a bit of that (mmm, ephedrine) along with some NSAIDs to make it easier on me (mostly aspirin though, since it works best on me and isn't as dangerous on the liver as some of those others). Getting tobacco is a hassle, especially when I use only smoke-free tobacco products that are meant to be inside the mouth. Gah.

Ouch, all of that sounds bad. Get well soon CqC!

Yeah, already sent an e-mail to Dimitri about it. You know me well enough to know it's already pre-ordered LOL.

How much was it?
TMAC dosent seem locked to me?

Pruning weeds.

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #8,670 of 21,763
Quote:

Oh my sorry to hear that... :frowning2: Hope you get better soon. Are you extremely tired as well? I'm wondering if you have mono? That was just atrocious when I had it.... Lasted almost 2 months....

Yeah I also hate going to Doctors. Just never liked being around them, especially just nearly avoiding surgery when I was very young (was a miracle the day of surgery)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back