The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Mar 22, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #8,641 of 21,763
I think I've mentioned before that I didn't like much of electronic music, and alluded to why I don't like (pumped at full volume in a dinky friend's car is a sure-fire way to make me hate it automagically). Well, 4 years since that, this is what I've been listening to lately:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQct8GCVGM[/VIDEO]

I still have no idea what I genre this is..... but I fudging love it!

EDIT: Wish I have a bassy headphone for this. I guess it's time for a M100 then?

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #8,642 of 21,763
Beginning song sounds like pop-house.

Here is more, though a bit more traditional:

https://soundcloud.com/rt24/nov-24-10-house-progressive-set

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #8,643 of 21,763
Quote:
Quote:
Lol, some?  Was there anything other than that in the video?

It's all about the music.

If you say so. 
smile.gif

Quote:
I think I've mentioned before that I didn't like much of electronic music, and alluded to why I don't like (pumped at full volume in a dinky friend's car is a sure-fire way to make me hate it automagically).

EDIT: Wish I have a bassy headphone for this. I guess it's time for a M100 then?

Wait, I thought that was K-Pop in the car? 
confused.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #8,646 of 21,763
Firstly, apologies to Romy and your thread.....

I wanted to clarify a few things about Tralucent, since posts were made here and I am hoping it doesn't go against the rules of Head Fi.

Since Tralucent made strides to take a different direction late last year. I invested heavily vertically to ensure production and lessen dependency on others. RankoAudio is such a partnership and our R&D platform. The actual website of Ranko showcases the research and development that we are doing or done. There is far more to Tralucent that meets the eye. The 1plus2 is a wholly researched and designed IEM and shares no common traits with others besides it being a 1 Dynamic Driver plus 2 BA drivers.........

PM me if further information is required.

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #8,649 of 21,763
I gotta say, I'm liking the FAD Heaven C. (Hope James sees this).

Sure, its coloured. Real coloured. It's all thick and throaty and the sound reminds me of honey. It has this rich, rich mid-band emphasis and a surprising bass kick (doubly so considering that it's a single BA earphone, it hardly sounds like one). It totally makes the XBA-1 look sheepish as a single BA. For some music it doesn't quite pull it together, just sounding gooey. Other times its nice, mellow but authoritative. Despite the runaround with the trade I'm very happy with it.

I keep also switching between that and the XBA-40. (The CKN70 doesn't really draw me anymore and after I do my review of them they'll pop up on the FS forum). The XBA-40 actually has decent timbre, which is hilarious given what an unnatural mess the XBA-4 was. It's polite and subdued compared to the FAD. Everything is deliberate and tight compared to the euphony of the Heaven C. When there is bass though, the superwoofer just starts selling tickets to the gunshow. It may have my favourite bass note of anything I've owned or heard (except for the LCD-2). It's tight and fast bass that just digs into the ear canal. <3 <3 <3

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #8,654 of 21,763
Quote:
I gotta say, I'm liking the FAD Heaven C. (Hope James sees this).

Sure, its coloured. Real coloured. It's all thick and throaty and the sound reminds me of honey. It has this rich, rich mid-band emphasis and a surprising bass kick (doubly so considering that it's a single BA earphone, it hardly sounds like one). It totally makes the XBA-1 look sheepish as a single BA. For some music it doesn't quite pull it together, just sounding gooey. Other times its nice, mellow but authoritative. Despite the runaround with the trade I'm very happy with it.

I keep also switching between that and the XBA-40. (The CKN70 doesn't really draw me anymore and after I do my review of them they'll pop up on the FS forum). The XBA-40 actually has decent timbre, which is hilarious given what an unnatural mess the XBA-4 was. It's polite and subdued compared to the FAD. Everything is deliberate and tight compared to the euphony of the Heaven C. When there is bass though, the superwoofer just starts selling tickets to the gunshow. It may have my favourite bass note of anything I've owned or heard (except for the LCD-2). It's tight and fast bass that just digs into the ear canal. <3 <3 <3

BTW, did you guys notice that FAD came out with a new Heaven V? The "aging" version is pretty cool...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back