The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Oct 4, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #18,874 of 21,761

Sometimes it is better not to ask.

Mimouille, your post made me literally LOL. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #18,876 of 21,761
Any moment now and that shark's jaw with disjoint and chomp off that person's hand.

It's only a baby shark - he might lose a finger at most 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #18,882 of 21,761
  You keep their gills wet.......

exactly, cmon Blue Angle this is basic stuff here. 

anyways, there is a video Add for the K812 out... it's so... consumer oriented >.>... like a beat's add with a touch of German Class :/

watched some SennHesier Adds, for the HD700 [40mm LAWL $1000 for 40mm pff what a joke] and the HD 800... now THOSE where like mini lectures! The HD800 add espically... was... just informative! They TOLD me why there where so great, From the cup chasis, teh head band and even the ... E pads! Despite them being hideous I may own a pair yet

while the k812 was just testimonials and smiles... GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE AKG so you can TAKE ME MONEY xD 

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #18,884 of 21,761
  I can't say I'm a fan of the HD700's, but driver size is hardly a thing.  If it were some random pair of Sony Xtra Bass headphones would be king.

Well for me it is, there is a reason the HD 800 pioneered size, bigger driver, better sound. 

I should honestly back that claim up with something other than my listening experince over the years... still I've always found 40mm drivers to be "punchier" Oh wait I remember now

Bigger Driver=More Sub Bass... other than that I'm not sure 

Or rather more realistic Sub Bass 

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #18,885 of 21,761
I'm in full gear lust mode right now. In case you haven't seen this yet, you may want to avoid doing so if you value financial stability:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684388/canjam-at-rmaf-2013-preview-and-exclusive-early-reveals-head-fi-tv

~> TWO new headphones from Audez'e, as seen above. The XC is meant to be more efficient (ehhhh...considering amps are getting more and more powerful, seems kinda odd to make orthos more efficient). The LCD-X is open. Jude says the signature is more neutral than the LCD-3, like Audez'e making a studio monitor. Ooooo. Prices are $1699 and $1799. Sigh. I'm going to need to hear these with the LAu, which just makes all orthos sound like pure love. I'm especially curious about the closed-back model.

~> Jude on the Abyss + LAu combo: "It's glorious. The two of these paired together [the Abyss and LAu] are one of my favorite headphone systems of all time."

...Hey, I agree Jude!

~> New amp from Fostex, the HP-A4. New in-ear monitor from Fostex called the TE-05. Buuuuuut.... a prototype for a new planar magnetic voiced for hi-fi listening from Fostex will be shown too. Oh man oh man.

~> New stuff from Jerry Harvey. A new flagship, the Siren Series Roxanne. It uses a trio of quads, 12 drivers per side. Uses freq-phase, uses a new plug with a proprietary design (which is actually a GOOD thing IMHO, because the cables JHA used before were too hard to insert and remove). It will be used to control the bass response, can go from flat (supposedly) to a lot of bass. Jude says the bass boost doesn't affect the mids. Price is around $1599, and for $200 more you get solid carbon fibre shells.

~> Jude mentions the Koss ESP 950. Kinda a neat coincidence, because I recently got to pair it with a much better amp than the stock one, and wow the performance really does improve substantially. In fact, the ESP 950 is up there with the flagship Stax when driven properly. Seriously. Jaw dropping. Best value in headphones? Maybe.

Gaaaah... already that's like $6000 in gear I want. That's not even factoring in the Shure SE846, along with other new CIEM companies: Canal Works getting western distribution, and a new company I can't talk about yet, but one that is going to be quite a big announcement. THAT flagship (the new company I can't talk about) will be $1600-ish as well, and I also really want one of 'em. Plus LFF has two new models out, his flagship Code X based on HiFiMan drivers and a new Paradox that will be open in design. Oh yeah, and Mr. Speakers has his Alpha Dog. Sheesh. This hobby has suddenly gone into crazy overdrive.

Which is funny, because the only two types of gear I really splurge on these days are IEMs and planar magnetic headphones. Lo and behold, we get a ton of planar magnetics and IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back