The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Oct 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #18,857 of 21,761
While reading a discussion on the new Sony DAPs in The Other Place, a question floated in my head: will you get both Walkmen, MF?
I know you are not asking me but me want ZX1. I am trying to preorder it without going through the amazon.jp / tenso hassle.

Well, if possible, I don't want to get the most expensive thing from Sony; that being the ZX1 lol. But IIRC the 128GB capacity is only available to the ZX1, and the highest capacity for the F series is only (hah!) 64GB... Arbitrary check on my music library shows only 58GB worth of music, and even with that I think I can cull out some songs that are just not to my taste anymore and legacy of a very young pirate. Maybe closer to 50GB all told.

Mostly I will be curious how the sound will differ between the F series and the ZX1, and if the difference is not too big of a canyon, then I'm fine with the F series.

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #18,858 of 21,761
Well, if possible, I don't want to get the most expensive thing from Sony; that being the ZX1 lol. But IIRC the 128GB capacity is only available to the ZX1, and the highest capacity for the F series is only (hah!) 64GB... Arbitrary check on my music library shows only 58GB worth of music, and even with that I think I can cull out some songs that are just not to my taste anymore and legacy of a very young pirate. Maybe closer to 50GB all told.

Mostly I will be curious how the sound will differ between the F series and the ZX1, and if the difference is not too big of a canyon, then I'm fine with the F series.
I actually want to get the expensive one because in my twisted snob logic, if it is priced at the level of audiophile daps such as the dx100 it will sound as good...maybe. I thought the ak120 was almost there but still not IMO and too expensive. If this ZX1 can be close enough to my 901 but smaller and prettier I might marry it.

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #18,859 of 21,761
I actually want to get the expensive one because in my twisted snob logic, if it is priced at the level of audiophile daps such as the dx100 it will sound as good...maybe. I thought the ak120 was almost there but still not IMO and too expensive. If this ZX1 can be close enough to my 901 but smaller and prettier I might marry it.

Wonder what your wife will say 
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #18,860 of 21,761

I actually am very sad at myself that I missed the AK120 back in the Singapore meet. There's lots of people that said it's really (really) good but the price is too damn high (insert meme here). Well...
------------------
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/701992503/the-worlds-only-earbuds-with-no-strings-attached

This is something cool I found while browsing Engadget. Called SPLIT, it's actually a pair of standalone dynamic microdrivers with it's own small batteries and onboard memory. Think only the TF10, sans cable.

Interesting concept, and as a geek, seriously panties-wetting for me. Too bad I don't have the money to spare to fund it for a pair, and even by moral (and small monetary) support of $10. My future is too bleak to be able to indulge, until I get a job.

Still though, hope it does gets funded.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #18,861 of 21,761

You think it (ZX1) will be limited production?

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #18,862 of 21,761

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/701992503/the-worlds-only-earbuds-with-no-strings-attached

This is something cool I found while browsing Engadget. Called SPLIT, it's actually a pair of standalone dynamic microdrivers with it's own small batteries and onboard memory. Think only the TF10, sans cable.

Interesting concept, and as a geek, seriously panties-wetting for me. Too bad I don't have the money to spare to fund it for a pair, and even by moral (and small monetary) support of $10. My future is too bleak to be able to indulge, until I get a job.

3 volume levels seems like a huge deal breaker.

-Edit-

Just saw the music uploading software with gain control.  Huh, that's nifty.  I think I'd still hate for it to start doing **** any time I sneeze, swallow, etc. though :/

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #18,863 of 21,761
@driver8, in the video (didn't read the page lol, since the video was sufficient for me at explaining) he said that you can lock the bite-to-interact by tapping the right ear unit.

It's a nifty convenience thing, but after calming down (lol I got riled up reading Engadget's comments section, which is always a mistake), there's numerous albeit small deal breakers.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #18,864 of 21,761
@Warren: my wife will be happy that I leave her alone for a while...

@drez: everything seems to point at limited edition but Sony is not stupid...if they sell like hot space cakes, they will do a standard edition. This is all just conjecture from my part, I have no insider...

@JGray...the ak120 is honestly more a neat object that is nice sounding than a true audiophile player. I think top iems deserve better. But some will disagree

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #18,865 of 21,761

I love my hm 801, so all this hype for the sony what ever... meh not my thing

now that video made me laugh xD would have been funnier if it had blown up or something really outlandish 

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #18,866 of 21,761
I actually am very sad at myself that I missed the AK120 back in the Singapore meet. There's lots of people that said it's really (really) good but the price is too damn high (insert meme here). Well...

Cool! But too little memory for practical usage (especially with audiophile-friendly bit rate audio) and that clicking-your-teeth-to-control-it thing is weird. I'd much prefer lossless wireless streaming from a normal music player (Apt-X style?) and a little wireless remote you can clip to your shirt for the controls.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #18,870 of 21,761
How elegant.

indeed

Pretty hard, I'm thinking I'm pretty fed up with it. I'm thirsty for tang and I couldn't find any at the store.

Then you sir may be shopping at the wrong "store" you may want to try something along the lines of a "massage parlor" if you want some tang... or a Sony Shop if the ZX1 get's ya going <.< 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back