1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2

1. Mshenay
    ooh LCD x we may have another contender for the HD 800's throne! I do hope something knocks it down it off it's Throne 

2. driver 8
    The new Alpha Dob pads look a bit too squish for me, but I am really considering them as another closed portable.  Aside from that I'm interested in the new JH's, but probably won't buy them as I'm starting to feel content with what I have atm in that regard. 

I also may be interested in one of the new open-backed orthos coming out, but would want to compare them to my modded LCD-3's first or at least hear some impressions.  Like, I should probably just get the Abyss for the sake of happiness, but am telling myself I shouldn't spend more money like that until I get my **** together *shrug*.  I've been saying this for nearly 2 years now, which is precisely the problem >_>

@Mshenay:  I wouldn't blind-buy the HD800's if I were you.  I don't know about your Audio GD thing, but they can sound mediocre or even kinda nasty with the wrong source setup.  I'm actually really liking Vega -> ECBA -> HD800 right now, but I haven't been able to speak as highly of the Senns in the past. 

3. jgray91
    I wonder if the new fostex ortho prototype is just one model or will be a series of them. Although with that said I don't know if it's a good thing to have a newer T50RP for the dwindling modding scene (at least that's how I see it).

4. ardgedee

I wouldn't be surprised if the LCD-XC was meant to be more efficient as a design goal, or as a coincidental benefit of the covered cup -- that acoustic energy has to go somewhere, so instead of it all going out the back (or into the damping material) it's going to be directed towards the ear.

5. jgray91
    In a sleep depruved state that is this moment, I wondered on how to use a_recording's 3D printed T50RP baffle to make a velcro pad system. Asked Google Now for 3d printing service here in Malaysia, not expecting much. Lo and behold, to my surprise there's actually several to choose from!

6. a_recording
    I am glad someone might use it for SOMETHING.

Also dem new hedphones sur looks prettys

7. Mimouille
    I am getting these new JH in full carbon fiber me thinks.

8. drez

I better start saving - I will probably wait on the Audez'e given the history of reliability for new models.  Right now I am seriously considering a pair of SR007 mki, but the lack of affordable amplification is putting me off.  I'm not in any hurry to move on from HD800's but something with a more neutral treble and equal or better speed/resolution would be welcome.  I have my doubts that the Audez'e will compete directly with the HD800 - my bet is it will still struggle to resolve busy passages without sounding muddled.  My money would be on the Fostex ortho.

9. lee730

I think they will be my next CIEM as well. Just not for a very long time. Probably gonna skip Fit Ear altogether :).

10. veyrongatti
    Am I the only one excited for Fostex IEMS? 

Anyways Twin QY what happened with Kumitate Labs? Did you get a reply? 

11. drez

Does Fostex make any other IEM's?

12. a_recording
    No, I am excited about anything Fostex makes.

HOLY - I just re-read Mupps face. 12 DRIVERS PER SIDE? It sounds like an April fool's post.

13. drez

Were safe - it's October [​IMG] 

14. Mimouille
    I think I will only get Fitears when I visit a friend in Japan...not before a few months. I might get one of the Vision Ears. But this Roxanne...I am reasoning logically. Almost everyone places the JH13 at the top...so this must kick serious ass.

Indeed, three quads to be precise.

15. Mshenay

Who no definatly not going to buy it blind! The HD 800 is WAY back in the list of things I want to get >.> the HE6 will most likely be gotten before an HD 800, and the HE6 does play nice with my AGD amp

but yea man I never buy blind, I plan for like 4 months first xD