The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jul 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #15,796 of 21,761
@eke2k6: I'm weak, I most likely would have done the wrong thing. I'm proud of you for showing restraint. Let the police do their thing,...and I hope you get your much needed gear back ASAP.

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #15,797 of 21,761
Quote:
Do you have any sort of renter's insurance? Or, sometimes your parent's insurance can cover a student - but I'm not sure about the international aspects.

In any case - you are doing the right thing by backing off. Let the guy hang himself. Anything you do is more likely to complicate the situation not solve the problem - and you could end-up in more trouble than the @sshole. And don't forget that even if the police can't or won't press charges, you might still be able to go after him with a civil suit - if he has anything worth suing for.

This is one of those situations that makes me lose faith in our species. I mean good grief - isn't life hard enough without dealing with dirtbags that prey on other people?? Humans suck.
mad.gif

Times like these call for a "bad human extinction attack" :p

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #15,799 of 21,761
Well stated, billybob_jcv. LAPD/LASD (and agencies everywhere, really) don't always have enough evidence to go on and budget cuts push these crimes w-a-y back on the burner as well. So, what generally happens is victims (the ones that are hopping mad) will sometimes act on hunches. 

Did I miss the part about plotting & planning? Scheming & dreaming for revenge???

Just looking for ways to get even and end up in more trouble than the thug, burglar or coopler!

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #15,801 of 21,761
+1 to what's been said already.

You did good.

Jul 10, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #15,803 of 21,761
Quote:
How are you liking them? Even though I did love my M80's at some point, something keeps telling me to try the HD25's. Also, the aluminum HD-25's are awesome to me. It also got me thinking about trying to fabricate open back ones, but that's for another day.

Finally, you WANT to get re-addicted. I can't explain the awesomeness that is Brave New World. What's your Steam id?

The HD25 is definitely a professional headphone. In terms of design the clamping force is very high, but has a very stable fit. The sound seems pretty tuned for a specific application (broadcast / DJ use), and now I can see why people say it is a great headphone for rock. Strong and broad mid-band emphasis with an aggressive treble note. Definitely not a laid back listen. Very high noise isolation. Reputedly indestructible build and completely replaceable parts!

If you liked the 7550 I would point you more towards the Audio Technica ES700... but the HD25 is great if you wanted something that would have a stable fit and survive pretty much anything!

My steam_id is this forum handle haha. But I don't really think I should be playing Civ 5 multiplayer eep. I have a life to live!

Quote:
Welp, my apartment just got robbed. My HD600 and Asgard are gone. My 51 inch plasma tv is gone. My laptop, and both my roomate's laptops, is gone.

And I know exactly who did it. The police are dusting my apartment right now.

And I'm out looking for the guy.

He's such a screw**** idiot. He's also an international student, and he's about to get deported for this. All the same, I can't wait to see the look on his face.

Ouch. That truly sucks. Glad you are being measured about this despite ample opportunity to wring someone's neck.

Please keep us updated and don't lose your head over this!

Jul 10, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #15,804 of 21,761
Quote:

The HD25 is definitely a professional headphone. In terms of design the clamping force is very high, but has a very stable fit. The sound seems pretty tuned for a specific application (broadcast / DJ use), and now I can see why people say it is a great headphone for rock. Strong and broad mid-band emphasis with an aggressive treble note. Definitely not a laid back listen. Very high noise isolation. Reputedly indestructible build and completely replaceable parts!

If you liked the 7550 I would point you more towards the Audio Technica ES700... but the HD25 is great if you wanted something that would have a stable fit and survive pretty much anything!

My steam_id is this forum handle haha. But I don't really think I should be playing Civ 5 multiplayer eep. I have a life to live!

If you want to see how nice the HD25 can really sound you should contact Armaegis. He's the official fearless leader of the head-fi community in my town. He opened mine up and modded them so the mid bass hump is removed. You take out the mid bass hump and the sig sounds a bit cleaner and further accentuates all the pluses the HD25 is known for.

Jul 10, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #15,806 of 21,761
Welp, my apartment just got robbed. My HD600 and Asgard are gone. My 51 inch plasma tv is gone. My laptop, and both my roomate's laptops, is gone.

And I know exactly who did it. The police are dusting my apartment right now.

And I'm out looking for the guy.

He's such a screw**** idiot. He's also an international student, and he's about to get deported for this. All the same, I can't wait to see the look on his face.

Jesus dude. I am so sorry to hear that. At least you have an idea who the perp is. I hope it's swiftly resolved. We got your back here if you need anything

Jul 10, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #15,807 of 21,761
Hey guys, after weeks of either low ball offers or inactivity last night I finally sold my JVC FXT90 and traded away my Ortofon e-Q7. I got close to the price I wanted for the FXT90 and traded the e-Q7 away for an ifi Audio iCan amp. The trader shipped it out this evening and I'm guessing I should have it by sometime late next week.

iFi-07.jpg

Most of the people who own or have heard this amp have given it high marks. So what do you guys think, good move or bad move on my part?

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #15,808 of 21,761
Quote:
iFi-07.jpg
Hey guys, after weeks of either low ball offers or inactivity last night I finally sold my JVC FXT90 and traded away my Ortofon e-Q7.

I got close to the price I wanted for the FXT90 and traded the e-Q7 away for an ifi Audio iCan amp. The trader shipped it out this evening and I'm guessing I should have it by sometime late next week.

Most of the people who own or have heard this amp have given it high marks. So what do you guys think, good move or bad move on my part?

I heard this two days ago driving an HD 800, and I was surprised at how clean it was (without exaggerating the HD 800's brightness).  It's very competent amp in my book.

Personally, I'd rather have the E-Q7... but you have enough nice IEMs that you won't miss it, and I can understand that. 
smile.gif

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #15,810 of 21,761
Quote:
Essential interview of Rick Rubin, on of the greatest producers of our time.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2013/06/26/rick-rubin-on-crashing-kanye-s-album-in-15-days.html

I think this part is BS though.

Rubin made no concessions on Adele’s 21 album.

[size=small]The mastering on Adel 21 is pathetic at best.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back