The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
Jun 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #706 of 2,115
Quote:
Feels good to be back.  After a short stint in the portable world I am ready for the big rigs again.

In regards to the Taboo, it could be a rookie mistake on my part.  I tightened the speaker posts and haven't heard anything since.  Either the potentially loose component is snug now or what I was hearing was a loose post.  If I could take a quick peek inside it would give me peace of mind but I may just forget about it for now.

Taboo is really doing the TH-600s justice.  The new lucid mode is amazing.  Because I have a different DAC and headphones it will be difficult for me to compare to my previous MKII w/ VCaps.  That was a standout amp as well.  This MKIII is sharp looking with the gauges and extra inputs.  

Need to read up on all the 6922 variants for the input tubes the MKIII can accept.  I am going to assume there is talk about tube rolling in these 47 pages.

Glad it was the post. I had the speakers hooked to them and probably did not tighten them when I switched the amps. Let me know if there any issues John. I do not believe there will be.

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #708 of 2,115
well I have had my T3 for a short time now, and as with everyone else, it improves with playtime, I haven't played around with it a whole lot as for headgear other then my LCD2s, but I am liking what I am hearing, of course higher bit rates is the only way to go, more later,

as for the single ended output covers/inserts? I've found a very nice solution, I am using some rubber plugs from work to keep them closed up while not in use, and they fit perfetly, they are 1 3/4" long and wind up inseting 1", here's some pics of them, and how they fit, 

if anyone would like some, PM me your name and address, and I will ship you out some, no charge, as I get them free from work,  

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #709 of 2,115
Some good news this evening. :) Happy to find a "parts pulled" email. Not too long now.

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #710 of 2,115
Quote:
Some good news this evening. :) Happy to find a "parts pulled" email. Not too long now.

That is such a good feeling.

beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #711 of 2,115
Excellent news!

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #713 of 2,115
Could you elaborate on "music sounded distant and cavernous" (or words to that effect)?

Was that in all modes or just super-extra-special-lucid?

You need to put up better pictures man!

Cheers.

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #714 of 2,115
Hi AiDee,

Distant and cavernous are the best words I can find to describe the effect really. Vocals were buried in the mix and instruments were just sounding "reverby". This happened ONLY with the left single ended headphone jack and only when OLD lucid mode was engaged. With NONE of the lucid modes engaged I would get no sound from that particular headphone jack. With old AND new lucid modes engaged with that jack, the music sounded same, just more upfront and louder. Still distant and "echoy". It was odd but remedied by just using one of the other 3 jacks available on the amp. Everything came back to life after that and things sounded really great with my LCD 2's!

I spoke with Decware today and the issue is completely fixed and ready to go! Hope this helps :)

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #715 of 2,115
Cool, thanks - sounds like it was early teething problems in production!

Good luck with the sale - it's a good deal for someone - and your next amp(s) :wink:

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #717 of 2,115
HPDJ,
Congratulations.
ksc75smile.gif
  I had a feeling it would go fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back