The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
Mar 23, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #96 of 2,112
Quote:
Page 2!!!!!!! Yeah baby Yeah!!!!

Woot!!! Woot!!  Congrats!!

Just placed an order for some balanced cables and some adapters for SE to use will I wait.  Now on to the DAC selection phase.  This one will take longer, heh, I got time...

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #97 of 2,112
I just bought Apple TV to stream music from my computer to my living room and I am stoked about it!!! Not just for the coolness factor, but mainly for the ease by which I can roll through my tunes using my iPhone as a remote. I simply love it. If there is a hit in sound quality, I can't really tell and I love the intuitive interface. For the first time ever I am really just enjoying the music! I could care less about appleTV as a TV deal, but as a music streamer it is impressive and so much cheaper than the Sonos, Peachtree and NAD Wireless Dacs. Now I am just jonesing for my newest amp.

I think I will order up a couple of pairs of interconnects for when the CSP and Taboo make their way here.

Matt

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #98 of 2,112
I just bought Apple TV to stream music from my computer to my living room and I am stoked about it!!! Not just for the coolness factor, but mainly for the ease by which I can roll through my tunes using my iPhone as a remote. I simply love it. If there is a hit in sound quality, I can't really tell and I love the intuitive interface. For the first time ever I am really just enjoying the music! I could care less about appleTV as a TV deal, but as a music streamer it is impressive and so much cheaper than the Sonos, Peachtree and NAD Wireless Dacs. Now I am just jonesing for my newest amp.

I think I will order up a couple of pairs of interconnects for when the CSP and Taboo make their way here.

Matt

Won't you still need a DAC? IIRC the appletv doesn't have analog outputs.

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #101 of 2,112
What kind of DAC/amp is it? A lot of folks here swear by the Concero, I'm stuck with a Bifrost for now (which I won't recommend, although I like it via toslink).

I'm tempted to try the Concero, but it seems like too lateral a move so I am saving for something sexier like a Yulong Sabre D18 or Anedio D1.

Mar 23, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #102 of 2,112
Looks interesting. Not necessarily advocating blumenstein orcas (although one of our group uses them with taboo), but their site has a FAQ that makes a lot of sense to me. Here's the link.http://www.blumensteinaudio.com/faq/orca-speakers/orca-efficiency.html

When you mention synergy below do you mean with the parkers, or high eff' speakers in general?

What do you guys think of these speakers for the Taboo: http://www.parkeraudio.net/95_sig.htm

95dB efficiency, where the manual says 96+, but I like the way they look and people gush about synergy with Steve's other amps.

I'm checking out some used Klipsch Heresys over the weekend too, I scoped a few pairs on my local CL and I like the way they look, but heard iffy things about performance without a few mods.

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #103 of 2,112
Would the Taboo III drive Minnie Maggie's? I know nothing of speakers.

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #104 of 2,112
Quote:
Local pick up NY :frowning2:. I would have thrown $200 at them. Come on Longbow! It isn't too far for you is it??? They do have some cosmetic defects, but $200 isn't bad.

Local.....Hmmm....NW Wisconsin to NY.....Same longitude! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back