The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
Dec 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #1,681 of 2,112
Dec 12, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #1,683 of 2,112
How does Taboo compare to Eddie Current Super 7? Both are in the same price range. Has anyone ever had a chance to listen to both?

same; i am in the market for my first tube amp... and have narrowed it down to the super 7 and taboo mk3

done some reading on both but able to find any head to head comparisons

i have already purchased a zstage from decware to have a play with....

Dec 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #1,684 of 2,112
I don't believe you are going to find one "Better" They are both excellent with their own sound signature and tube rolling will allow you to customize further. Two great amps.

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #1,686 of 2,112
Thanks everyone, both seem like super amps for HD 800
gs1000.gif
. Decware Taboo MK3's construction looks a lot like Bottlehead Crack Amp, very sexy as hell. Maybe, I can rob the bank and order both to do the comparison
etysmile.gif

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #1,687 of 2,112
Thanks everyone, both seem like super amps for HD 800 :gs1000smile: . Decware Taboo MK3's construction looks a lot like Bottlehead Crack Amp, very sexy as hell. Maybe, I can rob the bank and order both to do the comparison:etysmile:  

I've got a pair of HD800 on the way. I'll be sure to post my impressions for you. Although there's lots of mentions on this thread and others that it's a great pairing.

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,689 of 2,112
I've got a pair of HD800 on the way. I'll be sure to post my impressions for you. Although there's lots of mentions on this thread and others that it's a great pairing.

Prepare your warmest EL84s :D

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #1,691 of 2,112
i was pretty much set on the taboo mk3.... as i thought i had already purchased the zstage

but decware has some abysmal customer service... sent 4 emails received and no reply

thankfully my credit card has not being charged for the zstage -  so i have cancelled that order (if anyone bothers to read the emails) and have committed to a zana deux

just on specs it looks pretty good and i can not wait for my first tube amp to arrive

i guess it all turned out for the best in the end

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #1,692 of 2,112
Decware always responds best to phone calls rather than e-mail. This is a small family run company not some big corporation with a bank of service reps. The whole firm is only 6 people. Also per their order policy, they do not charge until they ship so nothing amazing about you having not been charged yet for the Zstage.

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #1,693 of 2,112
  i was pretty much set on the taboo mk3.... as i thought i had already purchased the zstage

but decware has some abysmal customer service... sent 4 emails received and no reply

thankfully my credit card has not being charged for the zstage -  so i have cancelled that order (if anyone bothers to read the emails) and have committed to a zana deux

just on specs it looks pretty good and i can not wait for my first tube amp to arrive

i guess it all turned out for the best in the end

If they registered your order, which as it seems is a manual operation for whenever someone gets to it, you will be charged the deposit. That you will unlikely get back.
Their process, for any reason including the company size etc, is not always very easy for the client. I always had to try hard contacting them for clarity or any changes.

I agree it's not an isolated problem to Decware. Other small companies are difficult to communicate with. Not all though.

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,694 of 2,112
Hey guys, when you use your Taboo with a CSP do you just leave Taboo volume full on and adjust volume with the CSP?
That seems more logical than the other way around but I've never used a pre-amp with an integrated amp.
Thanks....

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #1,695 of 2,112
That is what I did. Worked great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back