The decline of the forum signature
Oct 8, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #31 of 78
I know what you're saying, wink. But I'm not gonna take your advice! Bwahaha! Dang it, I couldn't even conveniently navigate to your profile because my laptop is super laggy right now. =\ So I'll never know what equipment you have.

I see that you finally have some entry-level equipment, nordkapp! Congratulations! Well, it will be entry-level in a few years. =P

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #32 of 78
I know what you're saying, wink. But I'm not gonna take your advice! Bwahaha! Dang it, I couldn't even conveniently navigate to your profile because my laptop is super laggy right now. =\ So I'll never know what equipment you have.

I see that you finally have some entry-level equipment, nordkapp! Congratulations! Well, it will be entry-level in a few years. =P
Haha. Right! Does anyone want to buy a Bryston BHA1? Can't justify owning it any longer. This VHP2 is nuts for the money.

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #33 of 78
Cavemanta needs to pad out his profile a little more.....  
L3000.gif

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #34 of 78
Here, nordkapp, I'll buy your stuff, except I don't have any money. Muahaha!

Yeah, my profile seriously lacks padding. No wonder it's uncomfortable to read!

Oct 9, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #35 of 78

How could your laptop be incapable of loading a simple profile page?! It should load more easily than any thread.

Oct 9, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #36 of 78
I was watching a 720p YouTube video, and I had some more Head-Fi tabs open. In other words, holy Schiit, I was pushing the limit. Maybe I should reformat my HDD or something..

Oct 9, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #38 of 78
Dear God, man. That is just insane. Two HE-60s among other things?! If only that could fit in a signature.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #40 of 78
Dang it! Not cool, man. I was really hoping for natural, analog, velvety sound or however you described it. Now I'm stuck with an M50x... (And my M50, thank God). So how do you like the DT1770? Have you heard the DT770 as well?

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #41 of 78

Agreed. The sig. is kind of neat at first, but then I thought "who really gives a crap". It's about the music. The equipment is simply the means to an end.

When someone makes statements about headphone A or B, seeing their audio chain in the signature can help you look at the whole picture of their statement up to a point....
Is their DAC multi-bit or a known very bright DAC when they say 'these cans are too hot in the treble' etc.

In saying that, my cans are just listed just now (unusually as my DAC/amp change) , but i had my audio chain listed for so long to help qualify any statements....It helps vs digging through a person's main profile for their gear.

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #42 of 78
Dang it! Not cool, man. I was really hoping for natural, analog, velvety sound or however you described it. Now I'm stuck with an M50x... (And my M50, thank God). So how do you like the DT1770? Have you heard the DT770 as well?
Um, never heard the 770. I really like the 1770 for edm style or simply anything with prominent bass. You get nice fat, juicy mids too. IMO, definitely not a neutral HP, but super fun to listen to. ☺

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #43 of 78
Um, never heard the 770. I really like the 1770 for edm style or simply anything with prominent bass. You get nice fat, juicy mids too. IMO, definitely not a neutral HP, but super fun to listen to. ☺

I still like to listen to headphones......    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back