The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 19, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #8,296 of 35,454
Any of you change your mind on the 650s, p.m. me please.

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #8,299 of 35,454
  For a second there, I thought they were going for 300 lol.

Im tired.....had a long day at work...

Would feel better if i bought something today lol

Get yourself a masseuse. 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #8,302 of 35,454
The HD650 is a legendary headphone.

The main flaw of this headphone is the some-what mid-bass hump and bass texture(bass roar, sub-bass, explosive explosions, etc..) that isn't as jaw droppingly good, like it is on phones such as the DT990's.

The HD650 needs amp like in the Woo Audio 3 type of range for it to shine. It works pretty decent on cheaper OTL tube amps like the little dot mk 3, but like i said, you need more power.

I never heard the HD600's in my entire life, but i truly do believe that HD600>HD650.

The main reason is if you take the bass out of the equation and start getting more transparency and more neutral type of sounding, that the hd600 is what you will come up with.

I truly do think that the day i listen to the HD600's, that these legendary HD650's will be going up for sale.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #8,303 of 35,454
ZMF is having a November sale. Looks like discounts are already in effect on the site. Lasts until midnight (CST) of the last day of November.

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #8,305 of 35,454
So I haven't been on here in a while (I seemed to have pretty much kicked the habbit) and idk what's hip or in-fashion these days, but my sports-fi just broke and while I thought about spending $10 to replace em I just got paid and figured I'd spend a bit more if I could find a nice deal.

Lo and behold I saw the M-Duo's selling for $33 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Driver-Enhanced-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00D4MPZLK

While it's only the gold color (red is $40 and the other is even more expensive) it seems pretty good considering they go on sale (and actually are on sale on Meelecs site) for $50 a lot. So anyway, I picked em up. We'll see how it goes when they get here.

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #8,306 of 35,454
  The HD650 is a legendary headphone.

The main flaw of this headphone is the some-what mid-bass hump and bass texture(bass roar, sub-bass, explosive explosions, etc..) that isn't as jaw droppingly good, like it is on phones such as the DT990's.

The HD650 needs amp like in the Woo Audio 3 type of range for it to shine. It works pretty decent on cheaper OTL tube amps like the little dot mk 3, but like i said, you need more power.

I never heard the HD600's in my entire life, but i truly do believe that HD600>HD650.

The main reason is if you take the bass out of the equation and start getting more transparency and more neutral type of sounding, that the hd600 is what you will come up with.

I truly do think that the day i listen to the HD600's, that these legendary HD650's will be going up for sale.

I knew something must be up as when I came back to this forum from yesterday early evening, there were 4 pages of unread "deals".  Congratulations to all you happy HD650 buyers.  I agree with HariBhushan here, as I sold my HD650 in favor of the HD600, but to each his own.  Sorry for your wallets!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back