The Custom-Molded Chronicles: My Journey Through The World of CIEMs --- A Retrospective
Dec 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #17 of 33
Posted are the Prologue and Chapter 1. Due to time constraints, they are shorter than what I'd originally planned, but hopefully they're still an enjoyable read and it's better than never publishing them. I apologize greatly for the delay in delivering content; free time is something I've fallen ill of affording, perhaps even more so than money for buying audio equipment.

Secondly, I apologize profusely for the use of the Twilight analogy; I took the Kristen Stewart schtick and ran with it. Sometimes they work, and sometimes, well... yeah.

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #18 of 33
Subscribed.

i'm loving the read so far tom very nice writing style and kudos to you for taking the time to contribute to the community.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #22 of 33
Very nice work, Tom!

*This* is why I enjoy posting on head-fi. Connecting with folks and hearing about their experiences in audio. Maybe it's their portable nature, but IEMs seem to lend themselves to this sort of adventurous introspection.

Really looking forward to reading this (and admiring the photography) as it unfolds.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #23 of 33
haha

Derek is such a nice guy, he gives really good prices i am gald he helped you out

i had a similer experince trying to find jaben audio for the first time, its really in a strange place, whats more wierder is if you walk around some more you will find 5 other headphone shop and the very famous mongkok computer centre very close together

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #25 of 33
Cool thread, look forward to the rest of it.

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #27 of 33
This is so funny...all the more so too me that I lived something pretty close. I live in Shanghai and visited HK for the weekend...I put my wife through the torture of visiting all the audiophile stores I new of, some as hard to find in this city as needle in a stack of needles. The worst being the 30 sq ft cubicle of the only apex glacier reseller...but in the end I also tried JH and fitear at Jaben and fell in love with the 335...

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #29 of 33
Perhaps he's waiting for his Heirs? Lunar New Year has begun, so I hope he's just getting thoroughly acquainted with them...and writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back