The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Jan 29, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #241 of 519

tongue_smile.gif

sleep deprived?

You have no idea...

I don't share head-fi account :wink:

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #242 of 519

H8P is not so good with clip, H8 on the other hand supposedly performs very good with clip (please ask @whoever for details).
our customers use H8P with X5, DX90 without much trouble. I myself am fan of portability and listen to H8P straight from Htc M8 on the go, I really can't complain.

Thanks for your input but i have no interest in the H8 since i have absolute zero chance of auditioning them anytime soon nor there are enough comparative impressions about them around for me to decide.
However from the CustomArt page these seems to have the exact same specification of the Pro, so i doubt different tuning can make such a difference.
My main source of music on the go is from Spotify so it rules out most of the DAPs which i can afford nor have seen impressions on.

Quote:
  I'll edit my post later to give more impressions and pics. Just for now I'm completely astonished by the couple Sansa Clip Zip>H8Pro... Perhaps or certainly the best CIEM I ever heard...

Hi Rollk2

Since you have both the EM32 and the H8pro how do they compare straight out of the Sansa ?

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #243 of 519

I think it pairs really well, not AK120-well but well enough to forget you are listening from smartphone.
Maybe it depends on the version - it's typical that some versions have different guts, Also please check if you have beats audio on, if so turn it off.

I find M8 to be pretty neutral. while I would say Iphone has more bass emphasis.

Interestingly I hear the opposite. The HTC has a stupid midbass bump that just sucks... maybe that's because I have beats audio on o.o. How do you turn it off? I looked around online but I couldnt find the toggle to turn it off in the settings.

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #244 of 519

Quote:

Interestingly I hear the opposite. The HTC has a stupid midbass bump that just sucks... maybe that's because I have beats audio on o.o. How do you turn it off? I looked around online but I couldnt find the toggle to turn it off in the settings.

Oh noooo man. Than you haven't heard M8....
When I got the phone I had my Music Two on me, I plugged IEMs in and after few sounds I thought I got broken phone straight from the factory... Then I switched off beats and everything just cleared up and started sounding really good. Honestly, there's night and day different.

Go to settings, then scroll down - category PHONE - second "Boom Sound" you can only disable it when you have headphones plugged in.
Enjoy!
[Edit] attaching screen shot - it's enabled because I don't have IEMs plugged in

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #245 of 519

For what it's worth, i was indeed very impressed when i listened to H8+clip for the first time. But after a while, the clip clearly lacks of power, but is still a very good portable transition for commuting with some good surprises. 
In the meantime, the shozy Alien is a bloody brilliant source for the H8, VERY powerfull, unamped, detailed, organic and rich, and yet with great upper scene.
Yes, it doesn't has a screen, and i fully understand if sbd doesn't like it….but as a shuffle machine, this is a bomb, and soundwise comparable to an 1000$ DAP….(they actually discovered a breach in the command wheel which when clicked 3 times long on the down button it does track shuffle)

not making commercial here, just bringing in options 
beerchug.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #246 of 519

Oh noooo man. Than you haven't heard M8....
When I got the phone I had my Music Two on me, I plugged IEMs in and after few sounds I thought I got broken phone straight from the factory... Then I switched off beats and everything just cleared up and started sounding really good. Honestly, there's night and day different.

Go to settings, then scroll down - category PHONE - second "Boom Sound" you can only disable it when you have headphones plugged in.
Enjoy!
[Edit] attaching screen shot - it's enabled because I don't have IEMs plugged in

Wow thanks for this... Made all the difference in the world. Sounds stage is still nothing spectacular but world's ahead of the boomsound. Everything cleared up so much... Why was that program even created in the first place?

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #248 of 519
My thoughts exactly.

BTW. Yes, Alien Shozy is outstanding, really sounding big-money

I'll be sure to try the h8p with my HTC m8 and see what the man himself hears. All I know is that the h8p was insane with my dx90 when I heard them back in Taiwan :)

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #249 of 519
  For what it's worth, i was indeed very impressed when i listened to H8+clip for the first time. But after a while, the clip clearly lacks of power, but is still a very good portable transition for commuting with some good surprises. 
In the meantime, the shozy Alien is a bloody brilliant source for the H8, VERY powerfull, unamped, detailed, organic and rich, and yet with great upper scene.
Yes, it doesn't has a screen, and i fully understand if sbd doesn't like it….but as a shuffle machine, this is a bomb, and soundwise comparable to an 1000$ DAP….(they actually discovered a breach in the command wheel which when clicked 3 times long on the down button it does track shuffle)

not making commercial here, just bringing in options 
beerchug.gif

Nothing more to add :wink: the H8pro need power to perform in other league, the EM32 are less true to the source and also more tolerant to bad source. But if you use such CIEM you can't have a Sansa Clip Zip as main source, it's nice for sport or convenient case, it sounds good enough but not as good as these CIEMs can.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #250 of 519
Nothing more to add :wink: the H8pro need power to perform in other league, the EM32 are less true to the source and also more tolerant to bad source. But if you use such CIEM you can't have a Sansa Clip Zip as main source, it's nice for sport or convenient case, it sounds good enough but not as good as these CIEMs can.

For me clip was an example as a reference to give an indication of how well these Ciem perform given a less powerful source, which is pretty much most mobile devices are nowadays. While I do agree totl ciems deserves a good source, finding one is not easy. My previous experiences with such journey has been very disappointing.

not making commercial here, just bringing in options :beerchug:  

Thank you for the suggestion. I saw one of these and the Hisound studio v in Asia a few months ago but chose not to even audition them for some reason and bought the latter instead :D
Will Definitely try them out next time if I decide to go with the H8pro

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #252 of 519
Placed order for the Harmony 8 Pro earlier this week!! My impressions are on the way. I just hope my ear canals are big enough to accommodate the quad bore configuration. Fingers crossed!! 

Seems Piotr is building quite the fan base in Singapore. I know another buddy who suffered a double kill- he and his wife, both- after hearing the H8P demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back