The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Jan 10, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #227 of 519
...a lot depends on the cable used, and balanced or unbalanced

I'd love to have more information on this subject, especially with a balanced connection.

Copper, silver, hybrid, silver & gold? :D

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #228 of 519
  If we discuss AJ's impressions I agree with almost all of his impressions except for the following two:

- spaciousness. AJ says that Harmony has very good sense of space but not great. IMHO the first thing which one hears when putting Harmony 8 pro into ears is great sense of space. IMHO, this is exceptional with this CIEM. I think that the single phase "patent" used by Peter in in this CIEM was also for the purpose of creating this;

- bass. AJ says that the bass is sometimes lean, that the attack is on the quicker side and that sustain is not so long. IMHO, Harmony's bass is almost opossite. It is not slow, but I would not call is quick, IMHO it is just a tad quicker than 5ways. Harmony 8 pro's bass has very long bass decay, same as 5ways, maybe it has just a tad less long sustainment. Well, I see that someone can try to call Harmony 8 pro analytical and thus its bass lean and fast due to the prominent treble, but IMHO this is not case; if you skip the brightness of Harmony 8 pro you hear neutral and tight, hard hitting bass which is reverbant and full-bodied, although it lacks rumble a bit. IMHO I would categorize Harmony 8 pro's bass notes on the thicker side.
My conclusions are in line with, in particular, waterfall plot of Harmony 8 pro which I saw.
Of course I agree with AJ as regards Harmony 8 pro's bass texture and detaility.

Agree with all of this.

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #230 of 519
I've had the luck to be spoiled with excellent gear. Everytime I think it can't get any better I put in the HP8 and they prove me wrong.
Most awesome monitor ever. Period.

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #232 of 519
Sawrym, although not full, custom version of Harmony 8 pro Barra compared demo of it with NT-6pro custom. He wrote his impressions in Custom Art US demo tour thread here on headfi.

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #233 of 519
Can anyone compare H8P with Hidition NT6pro, please? I read avarage_joe's review but i also want to know some opinions from other users. Thanks.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663051/new-custom-iem-company-custom-art-discussion-review-and-impressions-thread/1290#post_10716562
http://www.head-fi.org/t/663051/new-custom-iem-company-custom-art-discussion-review-and-impressions-thread/1260#post_10703276
It's the NT6 though, unfortunately the only review I can think of at the moment.

EDIT: Please while searching for links I've found a post from you very similar to this one: USE THE SEARCH BAR!
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #234 of 519
Since these have very low sensitivity and high impedance, how does these sound compare to other CIEMs un-amped ? For example the EM32, JH13Pro FP or K10 ?
Straight out of the Iphone or similar devices ?

Average_Joe mentioned in his review that Sansa clip -> H8pro combo was unacceptable makes me worried

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #235 of 519
  Since these have very low sensitivity and high impedance, how does these sound compare to other CIEMs un-amped ? For example the EM32, JH13Pro FP or K10 ?
Straight out of the Iphone or similar devices ?

Average_Joe mentioned in his review that Sansa clip -> H8pro combo was unacceptable makes me worried

H8P is not so good with clip, H8 on the other hand supposedly performs very good with clip (please ask @whoever for details).
our customers use H8P with X5, DX90 without much trouble. I myself am fan of portability and listen to H8P straight from Htc M8 on the go, I really can't complain.

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #236 of 519

H8P is not so good with clip, H8 on the other hand supposedly performs very good with clip (please ask @whoever for details).
our customers use H8P with X5, DX90 without much trouble. I myself am fan of portability and listen to H8P straight from Htc M8 on the go, I really can't complain.

What do you think of the M8 pairing with the H8P? I'm also an M8 owner but I'm honestly just super underwhelmed by the M8. In terms of smart phones I think the iPhone sounds a good bit better 
frown.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #237 of 519

What do you think of the M8 pairing with the H8P? I'm also an M8 owner but I'm honestly just super underwhelmed by the M8. In terms of smart phones I think the iPhone sounds a good bit better 
frown.gif

Never heard M8, recently one of my customer pointed me towards blog post from Centrance regarding using IEMs with M8. Apparently w/o some internal modification it's only suited for headphones.
I think it pairs really well, not AK120-well but well enough to forget you are listening from smartphone.
Maybe it depends on the version - it's typical that some versions have different guts, Also please check if you have beats audio on, if so turn it off.

I find M8 to be pretty neutral. while I would say Iphone has more bass emphasis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back