The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Dec 11, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #196 of 519
First post in this thread!

I've (technically) got a H8P coming my way soon, and I was reading this thread to prepare for the best possible portable setup for them.

All the reviews have really helped very much, but one thing I realize that there has been somewhat a contradiction with, is with regards to the overall presentation of the H8P. some users have claimed that it is warm-ish, entirely non fatiguing for long listening sessions, which suggests pairing with a rather neutral DAP. However, there are other reviews which seem to hint that the H8P can sometimes be a little too peaky in the higher frequencies with certain tracks, and that the H8P is fully optimized when paired with a warm-ish DAC. Anyone keen to chime in on this matter?

P.S. Whatever everyone has been mentioning about CA and Piotr is completely spot on. Most impeccable customer service ever!

H8P's treble is very unique in my opinion. Its quantity is not high , but prominent and sensitive. If we have good recordings, we are able to better understand what its technical capabilities are. I would recommend you to get a neutral player. Also, Peter mentions that H8P is good with an hybrid amp. 

Of course, I don't know if you already get your H8P
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #200 of 519
FYI the H8P sounds great straight from my DX90, and I like low gain best, the treble is detailed and shimmery but definitely not boosted or sibilant, the bass easily contends with the treble for top spot imo and currently I think the bass and treble are balanced in quantity, at least with DX90 and my songs.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #203 of 519
  FYI the H8P sounds great straight from my DX90, and I like low gain best, the treble is detailed and shimmery but definitely not boosted or sibilant, the bass easily contends with the treble for top spot imo and currently I think the bass and treble are balanced in quantity, at least with DX90 and my songs.

I can't stress that enough. When listening to Harmony 8 Pro you have to listen at moderate volume, this way you get balanced sound, as soon as you crank up volume highs overtake and they become over-pronounced.

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #205 of 519
I've been listening to my 8PRO all day with the AK240 and this is the best CIEM I have ever heard.
Clarity, detail, speed, tightness, instrument separation, sound stage, bass, treble. It's all superb. Fit is a bit tight but isolation is great

SUPERB job Piotr. I'm a happy customer

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #206 of 519
  I've been listening to my 8PRO all day with the AK240 and this is the best CIEM I have ever heard.
Clarity, detail, speed, tightness, instrument separation, sound stage, bass, treble. It's all superb. Fit is a bit tight but isolation is great

SUPERB job Piotr. I'm a happy customer

Good to heard.I'm thinking to buy it in the future.I guess it can be good couple with my RWAK240.

And I think it is good upgrade after IE800.

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #207 of 519

Good to heard.I'm thinking to buy it in the future.I guess it can be good couple with my RWAK240.

And I think it is good upgrade after IE800.

There is nothing so special about IE800 except its stable background and cleanliness bro :) Surely, H8P is a lot better, but you need good recordings. 

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #208 of 519

There is nothing so special about IE800 except its stable background and cleanliness bro :) Surely, H8P is a lot better, but you need good recordings. 

Thanks a lot for your information.I was thinking like this too.

And don't worry about recordings.I have good sources in here.Specially in Eskişehir. =)

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #209 of 519

Thanks a lot for your information.I was thinking like this too.

And don't worry about recordings.I have good sources in here.Specially in Eskişehir. =)

So you can consider getting H8P :) I didn't know that, is there anybody who has good recordings in this city? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #210 of 519

So you can consider getting H8P :) I didn't know that, is there anybody who has good recordings in this city? 
biggrin.gif

Yes there is a good man in that city. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back