The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Sep 10, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #166 of 519
Just receive my Harmony 8 pro and they look and sound great ! I have to brain burn after the long time with the EM32, but for now I can confirm the transparency, the sound signature and the soundstage. It is clearly at less two steps before the pro330v2. Pics and more details later, I need to listen :)

Those little engineering marvel have balanced sound signature that is high mids centric. Thanks to that, emotion is well conveid at low volume. In any case I think those monitors have to be used at low volume with a powerfull source. The Sansa Clip Zip is too weak, the iHifi 770 and the DX50 drive them well.

EDIT : In fact the Sansa Clip Zip is not as weak as I thought, it lacks sometimes power to deliver the extension of some music notes but it's well enough to listen on the go.

Resolution and detail level are on par with the EM32. The sound signature of both complement one another, one is more on the bass side, the other is more on the high-mids side. IMO.

In the bass department where both have their own characteristic, decay is slower on the EM32 but the note extension can be longer. As I'm used to with the EM32 bass I can't say I'm upset with those of the Harmony 8 pro. It's in fact controlled and balanced with the particularity to be mid-centric and specially high-mid centric from my first impression.
Mids don't have the level of density of the EM32 and they are little less detailed but with more emphases that offers a beautiful musicality.
High-mids and highs are perfect and reflect the house sound of Custom Art. They sound like my lovely Music One but they are just many ways better on all aspects : transparency, details and resolution of timbre, extension...

I need more time to be used to with the soundstage and the presentation that is different from the EM32. But to my mind both of them share similarities and sound philosophy.

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #167 of 519
I'll edit my post later to give more impressions and pics. Just for now I'm completely astonished by the couple Sansa Clip Zip>H8Pro... Perhaps or certainly the best CIEM I ever heard...

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #168 of 519
I'll edit my post later to give more impressions and pics. Just for now I'm completely astonished by the couple Sansa Clip Zip>H8Pro... Perhaps or certainly the best CIEM I ever heard...

please continue so i buy the pro also! :)
Need to take a look at the sansa for my h8

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #169 of 519

Thank you for your impressions on the sound.
I dismissed sansa zip as source for h8p fairly quickly, it simply lacked power. I'll check it again soon.
It's also funny to see how opinion differs depending on to what person is accustomed - em 32 is bass-oriented so you find Harmony to be mid-centric, while tupac, who is used to se5w and nt6pro (both offering quite fair amount of mids and upper mids) considers h8p to be mid-recessed.

Looking forward to more opinions :)

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #170 of 519
I dismissed sansa zip as source for h8p fairly quickly, it simply lacked power. I'll check it again soon.
It's also funny to see how opinion differs depending on to what person is accustomed - em 32 is bass-oriented so you find Harmony to be mid-centric, while tupac, who is used to se5w and nt6pro (both offering quite fair amount of mids and upper mids) considers h8p to be mid-recessed.

Looking forward to more opinions
smily_headphones1.gif

I think tupac has the NT6 not the NT6 Pro?

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #171 of 519

Looking forward to more opinions
smily_headphones1.gif

It's exactly what I was thinking. The first minutes with the H8pro were disappointing on the high mids which were to prominent for my habits. Now it's perfect, it reaches the level I'm used to with the Music One. Your advice on my taste was perfect
wink_face.gif
thank you Piotr.

To my mind it's not a mids-recessed CIEM in terms of volume level, but sometimes mids are recessed in the presentation. The reputation of the SE5 is to have mids forward, that's not the case with the H8pro and because all is relative it's complicated to have the right opinion.

The Sansa Clip Zip is not the best source for the H8pro, but it works honourably, in any case better than I thought.

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #172 of 519
hello all

I have mine !!
after some turmoil due to UPS, I recovered late Thursday afternoon.
I only just had time to put in the ears to see if if the sound was coming out, nothing else.

good quality finish, could be a bit better.
a little silicons on the mouths of the holes, the headband too deserve to be extended over a few centimeters, but the slap, : comfort.
awesome !
it's comfortable, I know I'm repeating myself, but it's SUPER comfortable !!
the second slap : the sound, I have not attacked by easy songs, no, I asked him the best immediately.
Listening on AK100(v1).
Mussorgsky / Beethoven / Rebel / Heinichen / Teleman / Etc.
the more complicated "Moussorgsky - Picture at an exhibition, Ames Levine, Metropolitan New York"
ouwa !!!!
a clarity, a differentiation between instruments .... never heard so far with headphones other than my "DX1000" or "CHROMA MD2" on a big amp is the "Bryston BHA-1", you can imagine the level ...
my Ultrasone PRO900 is far away behind.
then, when even a minor complaint ... a little too much bass.
Overall I sign or for the next "12 drivers / 6 channel" ??

Sep 13, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #174 of 519
It's funny you think there is too much bass, for me it's the right amount of bass and it lacks a little more sub-bass for my habits.

Last night I compared H8pro and EM32 on a spacious and complex track (please download the album on http://odgprod.com/2006/06/panda-dub-archives/ it's free, a good dac and amp make the difference). I'm very lucky as both complement one another, ambiance of the track is different, H8pro are more revealing and vary track to track instead of the EM32 offer a certain way to listen music with it's own musicality that is specific to EarSonics (EM3/EM4/EM6 were made on the same philosophy of sound). Anyway it was
deadhorse.gif

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #175 of 519
This is my opinion, only mine, that's my ears.
everyone has a different habit of listening music, a different acoustic sensitivity, a different musical culture.
I think a little less bass will be better.
Maybe, the sound will be equalize more naturally after 50 hours.
i'll see.

To Rollk2. i'll try "Panda-dub" later....

Sep 13, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #176 of 519
  This is my opinion, only mine, that's my ears.
everyone has a different habit of listening music, a different acoustic sensitivity, a different musical culture.
I think a little less bass will be better.
Maybe, the sound will be equalize more naturally after 50 hours.
i'll see.

To Rollk2. i'll try "Panda-dub" later....

No no no I don't criticize your, it's just funny how it differs from people to people !

Mini meeting with friends this afternoon :

HM901 was not as good as I expected, too much bass and such a lack of precision, but soundstage was very coherent with a lot of micro-details. Obviously cool but not as cool as expected.
iHifi960 was not far but too thick and little less musical. I don't speak about form factor and ergonomy...
I prefered my DX50 to the DX90, the bass were more precise, the attack more detailed and the decay much more natural. With the EM32 it was the same... hum
The AK100mkII was perhaps the best choice, strong and musical, liquid treble, mids emphased, high mids controled. But too expensive, I keep my DX50 ^^

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #177 of 519
Hello everybody,

Did anybody compare these with IE800 ? 

Maybe I can get one in the future.

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #179 of 519
  Anyone has H8P and SE5 maybe out there maybe? I think these two can be comparable in terms of performance. 

Well, could try the search bar - but look:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663051/new-custom-iem-company-custom-art-discussion-review-and-impressions-thread/1260#post_10703276
http://www.head-fi.org/t/663051/new-custom-iem-company-custom-art-discussion-review-and-impressions-thread/1290#post_10716562

There you go..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back