The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Nov 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #181 of 519
CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro, Music One, Music Two, and Pro 330v2

The tour thread is now live and signing up US participants. For anyone interested in hearing these, you can find the tour signup thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/741770/customart-us-ciem-demo-lineup-tour-including-harmony-8-pro#post_11035309

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #182 of 519
First post in this thread!

I've (technically) got a H8P coming my way soon, and I was reading this thread to prepare for the best possible portable setup for them.

All the reviews have really helped very much, but one thing I realize that there has been somewhat a contradiction with, is with regards to the overall presentation of the H8P. some users have claimed that it is warm-ish, entirely non fatiguing for long listening sessions, which suggests pairing with a rather neutral DAP. However, there are other reviews which seem to hint that the H8P can sometimes be a little too peaky in the higher frequencies with certain tracks, and that the H8P is fully optimized when paired with a warm-ish DAC. Anyone keen to chime in on this matter?

P.S. Whatever everyone has been mentioning about CA and Piotr is completely spot on. Most impeccable customer service ever!

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #184 of 519
The H8P treble is smooth and extended with one of my amps, but a bit too sharp with another amp, so it depends on your gear!

Hello T.R.A.N.C.E. and the owners of Harmony 8 Pro in general.

Have you ever tried your H8Pro with an AK100II or 120II ?

Single ended or balanced, as a subsidiary question ?

Thanks a lot for any feedback on this association :-D

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #185 of 519

The H8P treble is smooth and extended with one of my amps, but a bit too sharp with another amp, so it depends on your gear!

Hello T.R.A.N.C.E. and the owners of Harmony 8 Pro in general.

Have you ever tried your H8Pro with an AK100II or 120II ?

Single ended or balanced, as a subsidiary question ?

Thanks a lot for any feedback on this association :-D

I should have a H8P to try with my AK100 II toward the end of the month. I am hosting a US Demo tour so the cable will be fixed so I will only be able to try SE. I am anxious to find out as well if you can wait that long for an answer.

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #186 of 519
Hey Barra, 

I should be receiving my PlusSound 2.5mm balanced cable /w standard 2-pin housing next week.  I plan to use them with the Demo tour when I get it this Sunday.  PM me to meet up and you can borrow the cable.

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #187 of 519
  Hey Barra, 

I should be receiving my PlusSound 2.5mm balanced cable /w standard 2-pin housing next week.  I plan to use them with the Demo tour when I get it this Sunday.  PM me to meet up and you can borrow the cable.

Unfortunately, the current demos are hard wired as opposed to the customs that have a normal detachable wire so we will not be able to switch the wires. Since Peter is still working on the H8P, I will ask him about the possibility of making that one detachable and see what he says. The M1/2 and 330pro will be at the Seattle meet tomorrow if you would like a preview. Are you planning on being there tomorrow.

BTW, I would be interested in comparing the PlusSound cable to my Ted's silver litz which I have been using if you are going to be at the meet tomorrow. I will have my AK100 II there tomorrow. However, I will only be there for about an hour due to family obligations.

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #188 of 519
Nice bit of news Barra. You'll be able to test this setup a few days before me. I'll be all ears ^_^

I live in France, ordered an AK100II in Vancouver more than a month ago to be delivered to a nephew of mine in Quebec, said nephew coming back to France on January 5...

Also on the way from Frisco to Quebec is a Whiplash TWau balanced cable.

I should be getting my H8P in roughly two weeks from CA.

So one more month to go before testing the full setup (-:

Plenty of time to browse HF and french community Tellement Nomade till my eyes bleed!

Have a good (short) one in Seattle. Cheers

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #189 of 519
Nice bit of news Barra. You'll be able to test this setup a few days before me. I'll be all ears ^_^

I live in France, ordered an AK100II in Vancouver more than a month ago to be delivered to a nephew of mine in Quebec, said nephew coming back to France on January 5...

Also on the way from Frisco to Quebec is a Whiplash TWau balanced cable.

I should be getting my H8P in roughly two weeks from CA.

So one more month to go before testing the full setup (-:

Plenty of time to browse HF and french community Tellement Nomade till my eyes bleed!

Have a good (short) one in Seattle. Cheers

Wow, that is going to be a very nice setup. I will let you now what i hear when I get it.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #190 of 519
Maybe you'll have enough time to try the other CustomArt ciems tomorrow.

I know I definitely would!

But then again, you'll probably be busy with Schiity stuff, right? :wink:

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #192 of 519
Maybe you'll have enough time to try the other CustomArt ciems tomorrow.

I know I definitely would!

But then again, you'll probably be busy with Schiity stuff, right? :wink:

I already tried them having started out the tour and they were awesome. My comments are here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/741770/customart-us-ciem-demo-lineup-tour-including-harmony-8-pro

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #193 of 519
I re-named the thread tonight since the H8/H8pro are now a consistent competitor in the Custom Iem landscape. 

Thanks Piotr for continuing your outstanding work and skills

I almost sold my H8 a week ago until i tried them with another source…..and i'll be damned, it's like i have a new Ciem right now, they keep surprising me even after all these months.

For those interested in screenless DAPs, the H8(non pro) works outstandingly with the Shozy Alien

beerchug.gif

Please all, go on and share your thoughts, let this thread go ahead for many moons! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back