The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Nov 1, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #91 of 5,322
We are now owning the new Walkmans sound wise at a value of $4000 a piece!
I was going to sell my Sony’s before these new firmwares came out. Now, I’ve sold my lpgt and am going to sell my n8 and possibly the Sp2k. I need to use my wm1z more though as the wm1a gets most of my time.
Matter of interest did anyone find a good portable amp for these daps if I wanted more power?

Nov 1, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #92 of 5,322
I was going to sell my Sony’s before these new firmwares came out. Now, I’ve sold my lpgt and am going to sell my n8 and possibly the Sp2k. I need to use my wm1z more though as the wm1a gets most of my time.
Matter of interest did anyone find a good portable amp for these daps if I wanted more power?
Listen to the Oriolus BA300s if you get the opportunity. I'm pairing it with the ZX507 and am enjoying it very much. I expect it would work well for the WM1x also. I am enjoying it much more than I expected, as I thought adding an extra amp stage would degrade the sound. But it turns out to be fluid, involving, and can listen for hours, with zero fatique, and enjoy every moment. It is a tube amp stage done very well, to expand on the SQ of the source DAP, with an involving, emotional sound. It's output is 350 mw per channel into 32 Ohms.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #93 of 5,322

which FW do you use with your 1a ?

Nov 1, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #94 of 5,322
I'm trying to decide how likely it is that Sony will release a successor in January at CES. They have been releasing DAPs in the fall the past few years it seems but perhaps they were going to release something this year and they will decide to release it in January 2021 rather than September 2021. Who knows...

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #95 of 5,322
Question about how the wm1a handles metadata tags: I have some albums in alac format, which don't have track numbers as a part of either the file name or track title. They do have the track number in the track number metadata field. However on the player when I browse by folder and open the album folder, the files are listed alphabetically. Is there a way for me to start the album playing on track 1 without renaming either the files or track titles?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #96 of 5,322
Question about how the wm1a handles metadata tags: I have some albums in alac format, which don't have track numbers as a part of either the file name or track title. They do have the track number in the track number metadata field. However on the player when I browse by folder and open the album folder, the files are listed alphabetically. Is there a way for me to start the album playing on track 1 without renaming either the files or track titles?

When you browse by folder, folders and files are sorted and displayed alphabetically based on file- and folder names and don’t use any tag information

Nov 6, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #98 of 5,322
Nov 6, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #99 of 5,322
Who else is ready for a new version with USB C charging :)
Me
What volume level are you all typically listening at with IEMs? So far I’ve only used Etymotic 2xr and whether via balanced or 3.5 I’m around 100 to really get absorbed and hear details.
* IER-Z1R vol. 56 low gain
* IER-M7 64 LOW GAUN

Nov 6, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #100 of 5,322
Hello,

I sold my wm1a half a year ago. I miss him very much.
I now have an LG V40. Nice thing, but I'm thinking of buying a wm1a again.
I read everything about the Cayin N6II, including the Fiio M15, the Kann Alpha is also interesting.
But what worries me most is the operating system. Android.
And since TIDAL is not my priority, I would rather take some wm1a.
Unfortunately, my ears do not tolerate IEMs well.
Therefore, only headphones are eligible.
Somehow I am most drawn to the combination of wm1a and mdr-z7m2.
What do you guys think?

regards,
Simon

Nov 6, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #101 of 5,322
Hello,

I sold my wm1a half a year ago. I miss him very much.
I now have an LG V40. Nice thing, but I'm thinking of buying a wm1a again.
I read everything about the Cayin N6II, including the Fiio M15, the Kann Alpha is also interesting.
But what worries me most is the operating system. Android.
And since TIDAL is not my priority, I would rather take some wm1a.
Unfortunately, my ears do not tolerate IEMs well.
Therefore, only headphones are eligible.
Somehow I am most drawn to the combination of wm1a and mdr-z7m2.
What do you guys think?

regards,
Simon
I rally like my wm1A plus MDR-Z1R combinación, great bass, very clean and details effortlessly are yhere

Nov 7, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #102 of 5,322
WM1Z as a source, IS PERFECT..

IMG_20201107_101150-2.jpg

Best

Sisco

Nov 7, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #105 of 5,322
Tks.

Waiting for an oportunity..
But is not necessary because i have the right cable yet,.

Best
Sisco
Yes, it seems the price never lowered. A while ago I just decided to get one from Amazon Japan. I had the ZX-1 Walkman so it was a continious pluggin/unplugging since it needed to be recharged so much, I guess the WM1A/Z does a better job. Now I'm saving for the Sony amp for driving the Denon AH-D9200.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back