The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Oct 3, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #2,341 of 5,322
It was a long hard decision process, but my next player will definitely be the NW - WM1Z. I was thinking LPGT, but Sony beat it out...
Personally I'd keep the WM1A and go with the LPGT and have the best of both worlds. If you want the WM1Z sound just go for @MrWalkman Walkman One custom firmware as that will get you very close to the WM1Z. LPGT is expensive, equally if looking for a powerful top class reference DAP. If not needing to drive high impedance and or low efficiency HP the PAW 6000 is a very solid choice as Lotoo didn't compromise on the audio with the PAW 6000 :)

1633245969912.png
600x600bb.jpg
600x600bb.jpg
On WM1A stock Sony 3.02, region E, DUNU ZEN. A full and immersive experience :) WM1A takes some time to build it's sound signature when it does a treat...

Q-6

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #2,342 of 5,322
Personally I'd keep the WM1A and go with the LPGT and have the best of both worlds. If you want the WM1Z sound just go for @MrWalkman Walkman One custom firmware as that will get you very close to the WM1Z. LPGT is expensive, equally if looking for a powerful top class reference DAP. If not needing to drive high impedance and or low efficiency HP the PAW 6000 is a very solid choice as Lotoo didn't compromise on the audio with the PAW 6000 :)

1633245969912.png
600x600bb.jpg
600x600bb.jpg
On WM1A stock Sony 3.02, region E, DUNU ZEN. A full and immersive experience :) WM1A takes some time to build it's sound signature when it does a treat...

Q-6
I just sent Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 to Musicteck for service. I am hoping it's pretty close to LPGT.

Oct 3, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #2,343 of 5,322

Q-6
I can never even imagine not having my NW-WM1A. I really like 3.02

Oct 3, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #2,344 of 5,322
It's pretty amazing. If I were to get something else currently on the market I'd get maybe a L&P P6 Pro or a Cayin N8, but I have no desire to, the WM1Z sounds superb.
I made the mistake of listening to NW-WM1Z. LOL I am thinking my LPG 2017 sounds near the LPGT. Therfore, the NW-WM1Z acquisition will give me the biggest sound variety. LPG was also just too sexy a beast to give up in the end.20210924_205924.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #2,345 of 5,322
Does anyone have a hi-res home audio stereo system with speakers? I am looking to build one. Right now I have a sound bar, and would like to upgrade my system.
Firstly do you already have a stereo speaker system (CD player + Integrated Amp + speaker)? If not, you may consider Sony SA-Z1 (just need to connect a DAP that plays hi-res). If you already have, just like me, you can put in a TA-ZH1ES. Of course there are many combinations/solutions that you can consider, and also depends on your budget.

Oct 3, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #2,346 of 5,322
Firstly do you already have a stereo speaker system (CD player + Integrated Amp + speaker)? If not, you may consider Sony SA-Z1 (just need to connect a DAP that plays hi-res). If you already have, just like me, you can put in a TA-ZH1ES. Of course there are many combinations/solutions that you can consider, and also depends on your budget.
Not many are rich like you. Why not suggest also cheaper speaker alternatives? For some reason the USA has the moat population of rich acrooges

Oct 3, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #2,347 of 5,322
What's everyone using for charging blocks for these? Don't wanna ruin my battery

Oct 3, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #2,348 of 5,322
I just sent Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 to Musicteck for service. I am hoping it's pretty close to LPGT.
LTGT is very much a reference player, you'd probably better served by the PAW 6000 unless you want to listen with hard to drive headgear.

Q-6

Oct 3, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #2,349 of 5,322
Not many are rich like you. Why not suggest also cheaper speaker alternatives? For some reason the USA has the moat population of rich acrooges
I wouldn’t say many of us are rich… I think America’s economy is built on everybody having credit. If you have credit you can buy anything you want. Good credit and 2-3 jobs can get you almost anything you want.

a lot of Americans are in debt. Like I can get the NW-WM1Z but I don’t want the debt right now… saving up for it. Trying to be responsible.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #2,350 of 5,322
What's everyone using for charging blocks for these? Don't wanna ruin my battery
Samsung vharger from a Galaxy A50 and apple iphone 8 plus charger as well a quickCharge 2 that i bought from Saturn GmbH

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #2,351 of 5,322
I wouldn’t say many of us are rich… I think America’s economy is built on everybody having credit. If you have credit you can buy anything you want. Good credit and 2-3 jobs can get you almost anything you want.

a lot of Americans are in debt. Like I can get the NW-WM1Z but I don’t want the debt right now… saving up for it. Trying to be responsible.
Yea better to be responsible. Ughhh i already saw what is to be in a debt spiral. My man had one sice 92 and interests eat you literal… i had to help him clear it

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #2,352 of 5,322

The player will draw as much as it needs from a charger. A more powerful charger won't matter, as the player draws as much as it needs, it's not the charger which is "pushing" current into the player.

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #2,353 of 5,322
The player will draw as much as it needs from a charger. A more powerful charger won't matter, as the player draws as much as it needs, it's not the charger which is "pushing" current into the player.
Yes, but good to advice to avoid cheap no-bane imitation, otherwise pirate chargers. So had one from a smartphoneshop here, built like apple but no name really and that damaged my walkman battery as well the battery of my iphone 6a

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #2,354 of 5,322
I made the mistake of listening to NW-WM1Z. LOL I am thinking my LPG 2017 sounds near the LPGT. Therfore, the NW-WM1Z acquisition will give me the biggest sound variety. LPG was also just too sexy a beast to give up in the end.

wise choise going for the wm1z! after trying some modern hi-end daps, I am still amazed at how more real and life-like the wm1z sounds compared to other daps..... if you like your wm1a with the custom firmware, the wm1z is the next level :wink:

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #2,355 of 5,322
wise choise going for the wm1z! after trying some modern hi-end daps, I am still amazed at how more real and life-like the wm1z sounds compared to other daps..... if you like your wm1a with the custom firmware, the wm1z is the next level :wink:

He didn't try the custom firmware yet :)

Hopefully he decides to do it before getting a WM1Z. I plan on also adding the WM1A sound signature to the firmware in a future update, so we can just switch between them when we feel like it.

Right now I put the SD card in the Sony A45 with the same firmware and I'm getting amazed at how good it can sound. I could certainly live with it if something would happen and I wouldn't be able to have a 1A anymore. Also, for when I'm on-the-go, the A45/A55 is certainly the player to go to, for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back