The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Jul 27, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #1,921 of 5,314
Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #1,922 of 5,314
Jul 28, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #1,923 of 5,314
That is good for a 1Z. $1839.00
I would have jumped on the deal but having just bought my TA-ZH1ES I'll have to let it go and regret it later.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #1,924 of 5,314
Went back to FEv2 and switched to region MX3. The bass seems to be faster/punchier without loosing its resolution on higher parts of the freq., or so it seems. Plus mode kind of masks the higher freq. a bit (very slightly) but still not a major tradeoff. The tradeoff is no reverb on MX3. The reverb on E seems just nice and not overly done. Impression might change over time.

Will spend some time with FEv2 + MX3 before trying other combinations.

Just want to chime in! That is my findings too. MX3 seems to be "clean" of any DSP also! FEv2 is the one with the best dynamics and then you can tune it to your liking!
Have the same impressions with MX3 being very clean without much if any DSP such as reverb and a touch more resolution versus E, Region E is rather captivating although the region has elevation through the upper mids to upper treble it's not overly done and the touch of reverb works nicely with the dynamics.

Q-6

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #1,925 of 5,314
Jul 28, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #1,928 of 5,314
If you want something small with similar sound get the ZX300.
Thanks for the suggestion. I considered it for a while, but I'd rather have a unit that can do streaming on its own, for different reasons. Zx507 might be an option. Of course, neither m5 or m0 can stream on their own, but their form factor kind of compensates for that, for my purposes.

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #1,929 of 5,314
i am always thinking i need to buy a back-up usb cable , cause if the original one breaks down i will probably be without wm1a until the new one comes

do you guys have any preffered OEM usb cables fro your 1a/1z ? buying links for EU customers ?

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #1,930 of 5,314
i am always thinking i need to buy a back-up usb cable , cause if the original one breaks down i will probably be without wm1a until the new one comes

do you guys have any preffered OEM usb cables fro your 1a/1z ? buying links for EU customers ?
Amazon U.S. isn't an option for you? I ordered this one earlier today, by chance --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O2Q9DG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Similar to you, been thinking of grabbing a backup before these proprietary WM port gears become rarer and rarer. I knew I'd like the WM1A when I got it just over 3 months ago, but I didn't expect to love it as much as I do. I plan to keep it for the long haul, and am kicking around the idea of a high capacity battery + Nayparm mod in the future.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #1,931 of 5,314
Amazon U.S. isn't an option for you? I ordered this one earlier today, by chance --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O2Q9DG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Similar to you, been thinking of grabbing a backup before these proprietary WM port gears become rarer and rarer. I knew I'd like the WM1A when I got it just over 3 months ago, but I didn't expect to love it as much as I do. I plan to keep it for the long haul, and am kicking around the idea of a high capacity battery + Nayparm mod in the future.

it shows it as currently unavailable , also do we know if this SONY cable works better (signal-wise) when using the usb-dac option compared to those 3rd party cables found in amazon ?

also kudos to sony , 8000 hours of use (files +usb dac option) , this baby is a beast

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #1,932 of 5,314
it shows it as currently unavailable , also do we know if this SONY cable works better (signal-wise) when using the usb-dac option compared to those 3rd party cables found in amazon ?

also kudos to sony , 8000 hours of use (files +usb dac option) , this baby is a beast
Huh, must be geo-location based availability, because it still shows as 5 units available for me..

I'm sorry, I have zero experience with 3rd party cables for this particular device. I do, however, need to try USB DAC function...3+ months of ownership and I still haven't tried that, LOL.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #1,933 of 5,314
Huh, must be geo-location based availability, because it still shows as 5 units available for me..

I'm sorry, I have zero experience with 3rd party cables for this particular device. I do, however, need to try USB DAC function...3+ months of ownership and I still haven't tried that, LOL.

I bought one in June to have a spare - well, 3 in total as also have one from my ZX300! Showing 4 available on that link at the moment.

I tried a couple of 3rd party cables and neither worked, both frequently dropped the connection to the computer.

In other news, after over 3 months on Midnight, I'm going to switch to FEv2 and compare!

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #1,934 of 5,314

It's showing 9 in stock for me.

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #1,935 of 5,314

Users who are viewing this thread

Back