THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Feb 14, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #2,356 of 3,330
I’d suggest you stop making fun of someone who is maybe new to this hobby and provide some useful information instead…

@JulienF don‘t let him throw you off. Thank you for taking the time to write up your impressions.
Close to $7k worth of cans and the person is “new to the hobby” and his first post is to tell us Composer is “unbelievably good” without giving specifics. give me a break. We are not 3yr old here 🤣

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #2,357 of 3,330
Close to $7k worth of cans and the person is “new to the hobby” and his first post is to tell us Composer is “unbelievably good” without giving specifics. give me a break. We are not 3yr old here 🤣
You sure act like you are...

7k$ worth of gear to audition at a dealer, that's not rare at all. And surprise, even newcomers are allowed to audition, you don't need to be certified headphone enthusiast.

Also maybe he isn't a newcomer to the Hobby, just to head-fi, that doesn't change that he is allowed to share what he prefers, with as much detail on the reasons as he likes

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #2,359 of 3,330

7k$ worth of gear to audition at a dealer, that's not rare at all. And surprise, even newcomers are allowed to audition, you don't need to be certified headphone enthusiast.

Also maybe he isn't a newcomer to the Hobby, just to head-fi, that doesn't change that he is allowed to share what he prefers, with as much detail on the reasons as he likes
Sure it's a free country and 1st time posters are free to share one liner "x is awesome" "y is amazing" "z is the best I have heard" without giving any specifics -- if you want crap posting and low signal to noise ratio that is. The S/N is already super low in this thread. :face_palm:

Also, where did he say he was at a dealer testing gear? I read he had the two Meze cans in his studio. Did I not read that correctly?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #2,360 of 3,330
Sure it's a free country and 1st time posters are free to share one liner "x is awesome" "y is amazing" "z is the best I have heard" without giving any specifics -- if you want crap posting and low signal to noise ratio that is. The S/N is already super low in this thread :face_palm:
Well laughing at new Posters certainly doesn't alter the S/N ratio to the better... might wanna start there🙄

Feb 14, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #2,361 of 3,330
Sure it's a free country and 1st time posters are free to share one liner "x is awesome" "y is amazing" "z is the best I have heard" without giving any specifics -- if you want crap posting and low signal to noise ratio that is. The S/N is already super low in this thread. :face_palm:

Also, where did he say he was at a dealer testing gear? I read he had the two Meze cans in his studio. Did I not read that correctly?
And the C/S (Cheese-to-Signal ratio) is quite high here!:baby::trophy:

... btw "Käse" is German and means BS.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #2,362 of 3,330
:shrug: I guess some people just enjoy reading shill posting for positive vibe. carry on then.

@Nomax you are up next 🤣

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #2,363 of 3,330

Assisting to a Canjam and trying those multibuck headphones (DCAs, Composer, Susvara or Abyss 1266) just scare me...

What if I like them? :sweat:

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #2,364 of 3,330
Assisting to a Canjam and trying those multibuck headphones (DCAs, Composer, Susvara or Abyss 1266) just scare me...

Make sure you ask for show and demo discount. Some dealers offer great deals at CanJam. Arrive early if you want some alone and quiet time.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #2,365 of 3,330
Make sure you ask for show and demo discount. Some dealers offer great deals at CanJam. Arrive early if you want some alone and quite time.
But the thing is that I've spent 350 € in two new headphones (second hand 580 and 58X) and I'm in love with both of them... That's why that experience will scare me...

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #2,366 of 3,330
But the thing is that I've spent 350 € in two new headphones (second hand 580 and 58X) and I'm in love with both of them... That's why that experience will scare me...
I would max out 800 and 580 before looking at new cans. Bring your cans and try them on different dac/amp combo.

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #2,367 of 3,330

Just remember that you lived quite happily without them before… nothing is that good :wink:

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #2,368 of 3,330
Just remember that you lived quite happily without them before… nothing is that good :wink:
Surely my wallet was happier before entered head-fi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But I had/and still have a great time here :relaxed:

I wonder where our friend @waveSounds is, enjoying his TH 900 without wondering which are the newly praised headphones here :wink:

Feb 14, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #2,369 of 3,330
For the people who heard or own both, can you say the K812 is at least 40% of the composer in everything?
I'm also interested in similar feedback, some are more than satisfied with what the K812 offers, a 60% difference would make the Composer a different phone all together but coming from the same developers they should have a fair amount in common...so 40%?
Without hearing them side by side I get the impressions that AA have gone more toward a more accepted musicality with the Composer rather than a studio tool which was the focus of the K812, the K872 offer up a bit more warmth, but just a touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back