THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Feb 17, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #2,386 of 3,272
I never saw the abyss ahead of the sus, I have been reading him for years. But maybe when he heard the sus with the riviera amp, that was responsible for the mood swing?
Abyss was his number one then Aperio but as it’s a System he placed the Aperio under a different category and out of the list and after that Susvara was on top of the list.lets be fair to Fidelio he always review only headphones he like so it’s ok that he likes them all.

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #2,388 of 3,272
Why you might be interested in Composer: You can get the simplest good quality DAP or dongle, set the gain to the lowest and you will still get great sound with a lot of headroom.

And that is why the Composer will enjoy great popularity all around the world 😎

IMG_9853.jpeg

You don't need to spend any more huge sums of money on an amplifier to drive it really well👍
A Dap is completely sufficient.....even I only get a maximum to my ears on the volume scale with my SP3000 to 95.....and don't worry... Composer has enough deep bass on the Dap 😉
(However, the scale goes up to 150....so enough headroom with Astell&Kern💪....and with the Fiios anyway...because they are even stronger💪💪)
A better Dac would be much better for the composer...that's why i prefer the Astell&Kern Player for the Composer

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #2,390 of 3,272
Feb 20, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #2,392 of 3,272
When I took off the earpads I noticed the foam covering the drivers is splitting and coming away from the glue. The same for both ears.
Do you think I should glue it back?
Yes and no.

Yes - because a tight seal between the driver and the foam is what is likely responsible for the deep bass extension.

No - because it's not your job. AA should send out a new set of foams for you.

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #2,393 of 3,272
Strange thing for me is, that not the clue got off, but the foam is ripped of!? As if the Club is not combatible with the foam.

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #2,394 of 3,272
When I took off the earpads I noticed the foam covering the drivers is splitting and coming away from the glue. The same for both ears.
During audition build of Composer looked nowhere near the asking price and now this...Such a thick layer of foam will not last long till it starts aging and shifting sound. Transducers in composer are definitely too bright on it's own.

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #2,395 of 3,272
Feb 20, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #2,396 of 3,272
Strange thing for me is, that not the clue got off, but the foam is ripped of!? As if the Club is not combatible with the foam.

Strange for me..... because I've taken the pad off a hundred times myself and it still holds😎
(The strongest glue is useless if you want to get it down)

NOMAX

Ps.And the foam is available as a spare for the very curious ones who have scribbled it down 😉

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #2,397 of 3,272
Strange for me..... because I've taken the pad off a hundred times myself and it still holds😎

NOMAX

Ps.And the foam is available as a spare for the very curious ones who have scribbled it down 😉
I've sent a copy of my post to marketing@austrianaudio.com
We'll see what they advise.

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #2,398 of 3,272
Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #2,399 of 3,272
Wow that's either AA putting in a sloppy job or just plain poor choices. That's the most filter I've seen on a phone, fabric/foam/fabric and wouldn't be surprised if there's some type of paper filter hidden underneath. The foam does look like it will degrade faster in countries with high humidity. Anyway, that's going to be a tedious affair removing, scraping and then re-applying glue. Personally, I'd rather send it back to AA and have them do it.

NOMAX

It really don't matter if removed 10, 100 or 500 times coz at some point that foam needs to be replaced.

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #2,400 of 3,272
@ThEvil0nE

I can show you completely different photos...concerning sloppy 🙈🤣

NOMAX

PS.Better not....otherwise I'll be the bad guy again😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back