THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Feb 20, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #2,401 of 3,223
@ThEvil0nE

I can show you completely different photos...concerning sloppy 🙈🤣

NOMAX

PS.Better not....otherwise I'll be the bad guy again😉
You don't have to I know what sloppy is. Also, no disrespect, but your claims of the Composer being industrially built and well thought of is starting to unravel.

PS: What made you remove your ear pads 100 times? There must be something wrong with it.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 5:50 AM Post #2,402 of 3,223
You don't have to I know what sloppy is. Also, no disrespect, but your claims of the Composer being industrially built and well thought of is starting to unravel.

PS: What made you remove your ear pads 100 times? There must be something wrong with it.

In contrast to.....and....and.....and these at even higher prices 🙈

Only those who never had the composer in their hands or dont have it themselves and only speculate are unbelievable😎
(I have to test the.....that's why it's up and down😉)

NOMAX

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #2,403 of 3,223

Only those who never had the composer in their hands or dont have it themselves and only speculate are unbelievable😎
(I have to test it the.....that's why it's up and down😉)

NOMAX
Saying that it is worse with other brands is a really bad argument. It's also better with some other brands.

They are wonderful sounding headphones with a number of small mistakes in the design: Ears that stick out touch the foam, foam glued over the driver that isn't what I would call user friendly replaceable, doesn't fit small heads very well, and a little more clamp than I would like.

But yes the sound is really great, especially when you consider what else is available for a similar price.

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #2,404 of 3,223

Only those who never had the composer in their hands or dont have it themselves and only speculate are unbelievable😉

NOMAX
Right.. so we'll just take your word for it that it's ok for AA to do sloppy because others are doing it too. I guess there's no defending piss poor job. Anyway, let's forget about the construction of the Composer and concentrate on how awesome it sounds.

PS: I now call your 100x removing ear pad bs.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #2,405 of 3,223
@shabta
Actually a very good argument, since the composer seems too expensive for some
As already mentioned, just put one or the other even higher-priced model next to it to the composer😉

NOMAX

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #2,406 of 3,223
Actually a very good argument, since the composer seems too expensive for some
As already mentioned, just put one or the other even higher-priced model next to it 😉

NOMAX
Shall I list all the less expensive headphones that have better quality? What's the point of defending what isn't defendable?

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #2,407 of 3,223
Right.. so we'll just take your word for it that it's ok for AA to do sloppy because others are doing it to. I guess there's no defending piss poor job. Anyway, let's forget about the construction of the Composer and concentrate on how awesome it sounds.

PS: I now call your 100x removing ear pad bs.

Maybe the reason why up and down..... it's also because I'm testing the other ear pads... - who knows😉

Nice day to all 👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #2,408 of 3,223

(I have to test the.....that's why it's up and down😉)

NOMAX
Sorry but poor quality doesn’t get better if other products are bad too. maybe in Austria?

Feb 20, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #2,410 of 3,223
Net fund - Inner workings of another expensive headphone.
What do you think of this quality of workmanship?
Also possible here in 🇦🇹 for $/€3000?
(I don't want to post the brand)

PS: My friend owns a CNC milling machine, he can certainly do a better job.

KH Innenleben.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #2,411 of 3,223
When I took off the earpads I noticed the foam covering the drivers is splitting and coming away from the glue. The same for both ears.
Do you think I should glue it back?
First step to find out how it sounds without that foam…
How did that happen? The foam doesn’t seem to even move when I take my pads off.

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #2,413 of 3,223
How is the build quality on the K812 ? I can get them brand new for £700. Are they worth it that price?

K812 was released in autumn 2013 and the product cycle is slowly coming to an end. The price is therefore also falling slightly. What's more, the original manufactory in Vienna has long since ceased to exist. I have no idea where the K812 (and its individual parts) is currently produced - but certainly no longer in Vienna!

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #2,414 of 3,223
I don't mind how thick in front of drivers is as long as it sounds good. But as a collector of Stax I have seen, what happens to foam after many years.
I don't know about the difference in quality of foams and if they all start crumbling after a certain time, but for sure, this aging is a well known problem for many headphones. At least they should be easy renewed befor it is too late.
My experience taught me - not only with headphones - allways to wait with new products until the childhood illnesses are eradicated.

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #2,415 of 3,223
I don't mind how thick in front of drivers is as long as it sounds good. But as a collector of Stax I have seen, what happens to foam after many years.
I don't know about the difference in quality of foams and if they all start crumbling after a certain time, but for sure, this aging is a well known problem for many headphones. At least they should be easy renewed befor it is too late.
My experience taught me - not only with headphones - allways to wait with new products until the childhood illnesses are eradicated.
Unfortunately only a select few models can do away with foam completely… even the K1000 has parts that age (that glue around the diaphragm if I remember correctly).

I guess no model is made for eternity. Which doesn’t mean that introducing additional problems for some cost benefit is a good idea. Think glued pads. Fixed cables — maybe a problem, but the solution introduces additional problem spots (connectors). Always a trade off.

Somehow I’m interested in the sound without that foam piece…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back