THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Sep 30, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #301 of 3,381
There are people with different ear shapes, so it should seem logical (šŸ¤£)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Yes, totally understand.

I thought maybe it would have been like mdr-f1, but the driver adjusts. That was my initial thoughts with the teasers. Which would have been interesting too.

1696050204783.jpeg

B/C they know how to make the hinge :)

Like a circular K1000 I imagined

Anyway, it's a nice looking design nonetheless. Appreciate the insider's information/pics.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #302 of 3,381
The target audience of the Composer is designated ā€œfor connoisseurs and professionals.ā€ Seems, these are professional HP first and foremost, since ā€œconnoisseursā€ is a generalized category. I wonder which direction the Composer is drifting more: towards musicality or towards analytical

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #303 of 3,381
For me in any case, he is more musical/organic than analytical in naturešŸ‘
(I don't like the thin sounding headphones as ....or...... šŸ˜)

NOMAX

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #305 of 3,381
So what I have to complain as first about with Score One is the marking on the volume wheel, you have to get very close every time to see where you arešŸ™ˆšŸ˜ˆ

NOMAX

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #306 of 3,381
Sep 30, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #307 of 3,381
Maybe it is just me, but to be honest the headband doesn't look that good for that price tag. The edges are uneven, the stiches also are not that well made. The color...well...it is kind of subjective, but in my opinion it cheapens the look.
More than that, I don't understand what's the point of having a wide headband and those two bulges along the edges. I mean, the idea of a wide headband is to distribute the weight evenly along a wider surface area. But instead of doing that those two bulges are going to dig into the scalp.
IMG_1711.jpegIMG_1721.jpeg

It was much better made, better looking and logical in the AKG K812. And for half the price.

m27444847438_6.jpg
Don't forget this one is still a prototype, not a production model. Therefore I'd not care about small glitches like maybe with sewing.
The headband design puzzled me as well on first sight. Yet it seems to wear very well, being really supple and soft. Overall it felt *much* softer than the K812 headband. The edges are very squishy, I did not feel any hotspots on my head. Of course comfort is something that's very personal...

The red accents are a matter of taste of course. I happen to like them, pairing with the red dots on the tilt mechanism and the logo on the drivers back. They use that red often, their packaging of other models had parts in red from the start, the X60 also used red accents on the headphone itself.

Sep 30, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #309 of 3,381
I am at 7 and it fits very well šŸ‘

IMG_8403.jpeg

And I'm plugging and unplugging all the timešŸ™ˆ... I'm really wondering why I'm doing this to myselfšŸ™ˆ
Just for you to have clarity šŸ‘

NOMAX

PS.lol

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #310 of 3,381
I agree with you. For Austrian Audio to come out with a flagship level price point after only making headphones under the $1000 mark itā€™s a tougher market to prove that you belong there. Even with their history and lineage itā€™s going to be an uphill battle.

Iā€™m super curious about it though. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll see their fate after CanJam SoCal. If it makes it through that event with positive impressions Iā€™ll be adding it to my demo list.
Meze Audio comes back to my mind with the release of the Empyrean. :wink:
It's not that unusual these days.

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #311 of 3,381
I would describe the composer as a dynamic Stax but with low end/bass and not bright/peaky in the highs as stax can be
Only the composer can do it in this way.....to show bass, body and transparency at the same time..ā—ļøand that is uniqueā—ļø
Thanks for the reply.
'A dynamic STAX' sounds good. An interesting achievement for a dynamic driver headphone.
I hope AA COMPOSER has as much tonal accuracy as DCA Stealth.
I'm really looking forward to listening to it.

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #312 of 3,381
If you get the chance, just listen to it šŸ‘
(The audibility and airiness of this newly developed transducer is remarkable)

Maybe listen to Lily was Here live in Amsterdam or Wollny's Nachtfahrten and you'll immediately know what I mean šŸ˜Ž

NOMAX

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #313 of 3,381
I agree with you. For Austrian Audio to come out with a flagship level price point after only making headphones under the $1000 mark itā€™s a tougher market to prove that you belong there. Even with their history and lineage itā€™s going to be an uphill battle.

Iā€™m super curious about it though. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll see their fate after CanJam SoCal. If it makes it through that event with positive impressions Iā€™ll be adding it to my demo list.

I think there are a lot of people who want a dynamic over ear flagship that has more bass/much more energy in the low end than my Utopia and which is a lot easier to drive šŸ˜‰
(And with a bigger soundstage/room/space )šŸ˜Ž

The answer to that is....The Composer

It is precisely their experience and what they bring with them that makes it possible to realize this product
And you will recognize that when you hold it in your hands and listen to it šŸ‘

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #315 of 3,381
SONY Qualia 10 vs HD800 šŸ˜Ž

IMG_8407.jpeg

IMG_8409.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.who cares?šŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back