The Compass Thread (New)
Jun 16, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #121 of 981
I ordered on May 29th and was just told it will ship June 28th. In today's economy, I am happy for them that business is good. In the mean time, I will pick up some new music to use for the burn-in.

“Patience cures many an old complaint.” - Irish proverb

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #122 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by ok computer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone plug in some really sensitive iems into the compass, and tell me wether there is any hiss.

I've been enjoying my custom Ultimate Ears 10 on both the Compass and the C2C.

With no signal, both have hiss with just a few mm's of movement on the dial.

When starting music play, when amp volume is at "0", sound can be heard quite clearly.

B/c of the "power", there's no way I can go past 9.

Having said all that, both amps sound fantastic with my UE10s. Considerably better than a RSA Tomahawk and a StyleAudio Emerald.

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #123 of 981
Through mine with my E3G there is a little noise but none when its playing.

When it comes to the HDAM's I havent used either beside the Earth for more than 1 minute to just do a quick check upon delivery. But I am curious how the Sun will compare with Grado's once my Earth is fully burnt in. Will post back my impressions to compare with the other Grado and Sun guy's pleasure (forgot his username)

Glad to hear so many are enjoying this unit. It was my window into the Desktop arena and further cemented my decision to build a B22. I will feed the B22 from the Compass DAC at first until I can figure out what I would like to use as my D/A unit from my PC. Thinking maybe a Ref1 but am also more interested in DIY. Would be nice if I built one that could use the HDAMs though.
biggrin.gif
Cheers

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #124 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I am curious how the Sun will compare with Grado's once my Earth is fully burnt in. Will post back my impressions to compare with the other Grado and Sun guy's pleasure (forgot his username)

You talkin' 'bout me?!
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #125 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Vista 64 and it plays 192 and 96kHz. Keep in mind you are running an experimental OS.

just so... this was a possibility i suspected, but it disheartens me nonetheless. anyone else running win7 to confirm? or maybe i ought post in the computer-as-source section...

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #126 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by tehdoom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just so... this was a possibility i suspected, but it disheartens me nonetheless. anyone else running win7 to confirm? or maybe i ought post in the computer-as-source section...

It's going to come down to your Driver, ehhh? The only place to fix that is with the OS or manufacturer.

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #127 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You talkin' 'bout me?!
tongue_smile.gif

YES! hehe

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #128 of 981
So whats the status on using DHL to have this thing delivered? I originally did but changed it to EMS once I read all the horror stories. If things have straightened out though then I'd love to switch back and get my compass that much faster.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #130 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mod her some headphones. spray paint the cups green
biggrin.gif

Probably the best route, that way she can get whatever she wants, she seems to enjoy my SR-80i's but agrees that closed would be the way to go for her. The AT's might not be the best headphone for the job either, as she'd love to have something more sufficient for the gym when we go together, I've got the NuForce NE-7M's now and gave her my V-mode Vibe Duo's, we're both using iPhones so compatability with that is a must in the IEM department, but she's really just looking for full-sized closed phones like I mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or just get some Skull Candies...
ph34r.gif

Oh god no! I would never subject her to that, she got some Zumreed's a few months ago from Audio-Cubes that are green, and there's a Philips set that fits the hold as well, she likes big headphones like my AT's, and she'd be happy with my A900's as hand-me-downs, hell, she wears my old medical bracelet because I let her keep it when she found it in my car a bit after me not having to wear it anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know...that may be grounds for divorce...
smily_headphones1.gif

-Nkk

Haha, there's no ring involved yet Nkk :p

So yeah, thanks again guys heh. I'd love some Manufaktr headphones for myself someday but I'm not even sure I would like the Beyer sound much, although I am a sucker for customized/limited edition stuff, as shown by my A950LTD's :p

~Back to the music and studying for my last final this week :p

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #131 of 981
Gee Cherry is going to think I'm crazy. First I place the order, then I switch the shipping, then I switch it back. "These damn Americans can never make up their minds!" >_< lol

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #133 of 981
Heres an idea, buy a W5000 for yourself and let her use the 900s and paint a pair green?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back