The Closed-Back Headphone Thread (Plus Comparisons & Reviews)
Dec 8, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #5,386 of 6,351
Good day folks. I am in need of recommendation please. I am on a hunt for a close back headphones on the office or at home or to replace my iem on the go. Could either be good for hiphop rap and also good in general. My favorite iem is 64 audio u12t. Anything equivalent or upgrade from this in a headphone format please? I have been eyeing focal radiance/celestee. Do you guys think i will be wowed or i will like it since I already have u12ts. Thanks everyone for your inputs

The Radiance actually has a similar general tuning to the U12t if a bit more warmth. I think having a good competent over ear around is a good thing as over ears can do some things that IEMs can't and vice versa. That said, if you're looking to be wowed in relation to the U12t, I don't think that's likely to happen unless you just happen to vastly prefer the over ear presentation to the IEMs.

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #5,387 of 6,351
The T5 G3 is definitely an acquired taste. I took it in as a partial trade a couple months back and I'm still pad rolling with it as the stock pads don't seem to be the best match for it, but I find it to be uniquely fun for some things.
I have read that some people take out the inner padding and it really opens it up. I was afraid it would then be too much like the gen.2

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #5,388 of 6,351
I have read that some people take out the inner padding and it really opens it up. I was afraid it would then be too much like the gen.2

I swapped the stock pad out for some attenuators from Dekoni. It definitely opened them up and increased the clarity. I think the stock foam was over dampening the system. I didn't try them without any foams because I think that will probably go to far and stray into some peakiness, but if you're interested I can do it a little later on and keep you posted. At this point I'll probably do it anyways...😂

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #5,389 of 6,351
I swapped the stock pad out for some attenuators from Dekoni. It definitely opened them up and increased the clarity. I think the stock foam was over dampening the system. I didn't try them without any foams because I think that will probably go to far and stray into some peakiness, but if you're interested I can do it a little later on and keep you posted. At this point I'll probably do it anyways...😂
Thanks for the offer, but Beyerdynamic is on my no-buy list now. :relaxed:
I just mentioned it as something I read about.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #5,390 of 6,351
The RT turned up yesterday,
And I think
20221208_194737.jpg
I prefer them

I always eq

But the fit and comfort is so much better, kinda regretting selling the aeon2 now

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #5,391 of 6,351
Focal Stellia was pretty good, but best closed back for me was Audeze Sine with Cipher. Sine is not available anymore though, i think.

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #5,395 of 6,351
In the budget realm. Between beyerdynamic dt770, beyerdynamic COP, AKG K361, Sennheiser hd25, andath esw9a, which one is better?
I'd go with the DT770 or maybe the COP. I don't know the K361, but owned the K371 for a while -- nice sound, but the cups were not deep for my ears enough unfortunately.

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #5,396 of 6,351
The T5 G3 is definitely an acquired taste. I took it in as a partial trade a couple months back and I'm still pad rolling with it as the stock pads don't seem to be the best match for it, but I find it to be uniquely fun for some things.
I tried T5.3 with the choice leather pads and it didn't work out, did some weird things especially in the imaging though the comfort was superb. What pads do you think were a good match for them?

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #5,397 of 6,351
jesus its rhat good? I tried XC and much prefer Stellia to those at least
To me it was. We all have our own preferences. :)

Dec 9, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #5,398 of 6,351
I tried T5.3 with the choice leather pads and it didn't work out, did some weird things especially in the imaging though the comfort was superb. What pads do you think were a good match for them?

Dekoni Choice Suede have been my favorites so far.

Dec 9, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #5,399 of 6,351
The Radiance actually has a similar general tuning to the U12t if a bit more warmth. I think having a good competent over ear around is a good thing as over ears can do some things that IEMs can't and vice versa. That said, if you're looking to be wowed in relation to the U12t, I don't think that's likely to happen unless you just happen to vastly prefer the over ear presentation to the IEMs.
appreciate the response a lot my man. glad to know someone that knows u12t. i might end up loving it i just wanted something in a headphone form as my u12t is very fragile i think. Do you think radiance would be downgrade from u12t or not? I dont want to be wowed but i just dont want to buy headphones that is a downgrade in sq than my u12t, and sorry for my english it isnt my first language

Dec 9, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #5,400 of 6,351
apparently I checked your gearlist and suprisingly you have hd800s. how do you compare radiance to the hd800s? i know its apples and oranges but I just wanted to know your opinion . thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back