The Closed-Back Headphone Thread (Plus Comparisons & Reviews)
Feb 23, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #4,111 of 6,351
Rather lean, wow, people certainly hear things differently, I have them up in the loft, not a great set, plastic creaks and harsh tuning 😅

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #4,114 of 6,351
Can anyone recommend a good quiet (non-microphonic) replacement unbalanced cable for the Audioquest NightOwl?

The stock cable was never very good and mine is starting to fall apart (well, everything about my NightOwls is falling apart, but since they are still the best closed-back headphones I've ever heard, including ones that cost twice as much, I will keep using them until they truly don't work anymore).

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #4,119 of 6,351
I quite enjoyed them while I had them as well. Wish I could find the adult version with a little more presence downstairs.
Adult version with a little more presence downstairs? Gosh, that makes me nostalgic for when I was on the dating scene.

(Sorry).

Yes - agree: a touch more warmth would be welcome on the MSR7B. Pad rolling will introduce a little hump down there (excuse me), but at the same time smear the clarity.

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #4,122 of 6,351
Adult version with a little more presence downstairs? Gosh, that makes me nostalgic for when I was on the dating scene.

(Sorry).

Yes - agree: a touch more warmth would be welcome on the MSR7B. Pad rolling will introduce a little hump down there (excuse me), but at the same time smear the clarity.
Hahaha

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #4,124 of 6,351
As long as they're not any brighter than the Msr7b, I'll look into them.
Been a while since I heard them, having sold them to @dadracer2, but from recollection they're more linear - very natural sounding. I never found them bright myself, but then I'm highly tolerant of Audio-Technica's (and Beyerdynamic's) brighter tunings. I do remember them being supremely comfortable.

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #4,125 of 6,351
Been a while since I heard them, having sold them to @dadracer2, but from recollection they're more linear - very natural sounding. I never found them bright myself, but then I'm highly tolerant of Audio-Technica's (and Beyerdynamic's) brighter tunings. I do remember them being supremely comfortable.
Time to read up 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back