The Chord Hugo TT is announced.
Apr 22, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #123 of 282

​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​
Shanghai International High-End HiFi Show (SIAV 2015) 
 ​
Date: 24th - 26th April 2015​
 ​
Venue: SIAV 2015​
             Shanghai International Exhibition and Convention Center​
             2727Riverside Avenue, Puddong​
Shanghai, China.​
 ​
Booth number - 5T02
 ​
Dita Audio (China) will be hosting Chord Electronics at the upcoming SIAV event - John Franks will be unveiling and presenting the Chord Hugo TT on Saturday 25th, also on display will be the Hugo and 2Cute with a multitude of differend sources.
 ​
 ​

Chord's host Dita-Audio have built a special event stand that will be revealed on Friday... I'll post some photo's of the Dita stand on Friday (apparently John's not allowed to see it).

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #124 of 282
I'm about to pull the trigger on this. Apparently from those who already have them in the UK, this is superior to the QBD76 and more worth buying this than the QBD76. Portability doesn't matter to me, I'm looking for a DAC for home, I'll be keeping my Hugo for travels.  Anyone else have their input on this?

P.S. That QBD168 that was supposed to be announced at Munich HiFi, is that the Dave?

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #125 of 282
I'm about to pull the trigger on this. Apparently from those who already have them in the UK, this is superior to the QBD76 and more worth buying this than the QBD76. Portability doesn't matter to me, I'm looking for a DAC for home, I'll be keeping my Hugo for travels.  Anyone else have their input on this?

P.S. That QBD168 that was supposed to be announced at Munich HiFi, is that the Dave?
Yes Dave is the QBD168 and will cost £8000.Have you heard the Hugo tt?I ask because some people say it don't sound any different 2 the Hugo.maybe you could home demo 1 first.Also their's the 2 qute which is the Hugo in a desktop version and only costs £999.

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #126 of 282
Yes Dave is the QBD168 and will cost £8000.Have you heard the Hugo tt?I ask because some people say it don't sound any different 2 the Hugo.maybe you could home demo 1 first.Also their's the 2 qute which is the Hugo in a desktop version and only costs £999.

I have auditioned it, but I didn't do an A/B with my Hugo. Time for an audition this weekend I guess. It looks like I'm gonna be doing a QBD76 HDSD, Hugo TT and Hugo test. 

From memory to anyone interested, the TT had a fuller sound than the Hugo and was more prominent in its highs and lows (even against QBD). The QBD76 won in in soundstage, space, mids and had better micro details (that you won't really notice unless you really listened to specific sections of tracks) IMO. 

Will do an extended audition this weekend though at this weekend. 

Jun 18, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #127 of 282
Cool

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #128 of 282
So, I ended up going earlier for the audition. It's the QBD for me. As a DAC what I think most people look for is the clarity and detail the DAC can provide, while tonality and character can come from the amp or headphone/speaker.

The QBD does exactly this, from the three DACs present, the QBD displayed the greatest amount of detail, it was almost as if the supporting crew were no longer supporting but are now a part of the main ensemble.

I auditioned the DACs through three main reference tracks of mine which are Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones, Can't stand losing you - The Police and Get Lucky - Daft Punk (24/96). The QBD brought the accompanying instruments up nice and clear while the TT accentuated on the main instruments. The QBD also brought out noises that I haven't noticed in the track before by uncovering textures in the sound previously missed. 

Don't get me the wrong the TT is amazing, just in its own way. The TT however, won on approachability. It was just so easy to listen to and made the music even more fun, but at the end of the day it sounds like a beefed up Hugo (which it is). As a desktop all in one DAC/AMP combo this is obviously the clear winner. Its practical and sounds amazing, but as DAC, it doesn't tick all the boxes for me. If I didn't own my little Hugo, this would probably be the one to choose as its a very pleasant sounding combination straight out of the box. 

I'm not sure how else I can explain what the QBD does, but in my opinion it was the clear winner with what I was looking for. 

I hope this sheds any light on those in the same position as me. But as it stands, the TT is a large Hugo and there's no denying that. The QBD however, is a whole different beast. 

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #129 of 282
  So, I ended up going earlier for the audition. It's the QBD for me. As a DAC what I think most people look for is the clarity and detail the DAC can provide, while tonality and character can come from the amp or headphone/speaker.

The QBD does exactly this, from the three DACs present, the QBD displayed the greatest amount of detail, it was almost as if the supporting crew were no longer supporting but are now a part of the main ensemble.

I auditioned the DACs through three main reference tracks of mine which are Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones, Can't stand losing you - The Police and Get Lucky - Daft Punk (24/96). The QBD brought the accompanying instruments up nice and clear while the TT accentuated on the main instruments. The QBD also brought out noises that I haven't noticed in the track before by uncovering textures in the sound previously missed. 

Don't get me the wrong the TT is amazing, just in its own way. The TT however, won on approachability. It was just so easy to listen to and made the music even more fun, but at the end of the day it sounds like a beefed up Hugo (which it is). As a desktop all in one DAC/AMP combo this is obviously the clear winner. Its practical and sounds amazing, but as DAC, it doesn't tick all the boxes for me. If I didn't own my little Hugo, this would probably be the one to choose as its a very pleasant sounding combination straight out of the box. 

I'm not sure how else I can explain what the QBD does, but in my opinion it was the clear winner with what I was looking for. 

I hope this sheds any light on those in the same position as me. But as it stands, the TT is a large Hugo and there's no denying that. The QBD however, is a whole different beast. 

Interesting.  here above, are you speaking about the QBD76 or the new QBD168 (DAVE) ?

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #130 of 282

Interesting.  here above, are you speaking about the QBD76 or the new QBD168 (DAVE) ?

QBD76 HDSD, I was looking around for feedback between the two, but I haven't seen many comparisons. 

Jun 20, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #131 of 282
so Chord Dave ha? i wish i can hear how does it sound compared to the Hugo TT.

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #132 of 282

Judging from what the QBD76 is like. Its going to be damn awesome.

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #133 of 282

John Franks & Rob Watts will be in attendance at the 'Kuala Lumpur International AV Show' from 3rd - 5th July (details below)... pop along and say Hello if you're in the area...
tongue_smile.gif

Show Information:-

KL International AV Show 2015
Venue: JW Marriott Hotel - Kuala Lumpur
Dates: 3 to 5 July 2015
Times: Friday, Saturday & Sunday : 10.00am to 7.30pm

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #134 of 282
Guys I really don't get why Chord would release the TT at all...and with barely any improvements for me to justify it being 2x more expensive than the original... Also why would they release the 2Qute it has pretty much the same DAC in the hugo but in a price point that screams "0 value". I really don't get it.

Jul 5, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #135 of 282
Guys I really don't get why Chord would release the TT at all...and with barely any improvements for me to justify it being 2x more expensive than the original... Also why would they release the 2Qute it has pretty much the same DAC in the hugo but in a price point that screams "0 value". I really don't get it.

When a certain company be famous, and really do well, then they Join the "Milking" Train 

Welcome to business ^^

but ofc Hugo Chord is the best for value!! i am even glad it exists as an option for head-fiers like us,  i skipped going for the TT, yet looking forward for the DAVE. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back