The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 15, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #2,281 of 5,999
Quote:
search your feelings...COME ON OVER TO THE DARK SIDE!

LX owners UNITE!
size]

Quote:
Nooooo!!!!

...or Yessss!!! hmm.

My audio budget this year is going through the roof (Although I cant really count the Hifi-m8 as I pre-ordered it last October hehe heh).

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #2,282 of 5,999
Wondering if we're allowed to switch from the iDevice edition to the LX...
Might be changing up my rig plans and may not need the iDevice functions.

Don't think it's possible this late into production, eh?

Jun 17, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #2,285 of 5,999
Quote:
Michael: any updates on the volume bar?

The only `negative` feedback i had was that the volume bar on my iphone4 was still functioning which Michael said he would take care of in within the Hifi-m8 software.

My personal preference (which I didnt share with Michael on the day, sorry) is for it to be deactivated AND disappear altogether like on my portable amps, one irk of my Fostex hp_p1 is that visible volume bar.

We figured out how to disable the volume bar, but it has not disappeared yet...

Jun 17, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #2,286 of 5,999
Quote:
Yes. Otherwise Michael wouldn't have been able to get the digital bitstream out of the iDevice.

Correct. Apple approval is required. Cables and devices are approved separately, however.

You can take that as a blessing or a curse. If our device is approved, but a 3-rd party cable is not approved, we really can't help it.

This was not an issue with unauthorized 30-pin connectors, but may become an issue with lightning connectors if iOS 7 ever decides to crack down on the unauthorized cables...

Jun 17, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #2,287 of 5,999
Quote:
Wondering if we're allowed to switch from the iDevice edition to the LX...
Might be changing up my rig plans and may not need the iDevice functions.

Don't think it's possible this late into production, eh?

No problems. The design is modular. We can change the configuration up to the day of shipping.

We can't authorize field upgrades however, so once the unit is built a certain way, it will remain that way.

Field upgrades don't make sense due to the very fine components inside. There is a high chance that the something might get damaged if the unit is opened. So, we will not authorize field upgrades - they would void the warranty.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #2,291 of 5,999
how much longer?  been waiting for such a long time.

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #2,293 of 5,999
how much longer?  been waiting for such a long time.

Michael's been providing weekly, if not daily, updates. What more do you want? If you don't want to wade through this thread for the updates provided here, follow the blog.

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #2,294 of 5,999
Quote:
Michael's been providing weekly, if not daily, updates. What more do you want? If you don't want to wade through this thread for the updates provided here, follow the blog.

Ah...I understand kokushu's anxiousness now. He likes it very much, and Michael told him during the LA meet that it was going to be just a fortnight away.
post #189

1. kokushu
  2. badge_headfier.v1371338529.png
  4. offline
  1. 37 Posts. Joined 2/2011

quick impression:  I thought the centrance hifi m8 was really good.  I was able to get it to play on my ipad3 and macbookpro.  Its hard to judge at the meet, but from what I remember it sound as good if not better than the CLAS I used to have.  Its also power my HD800 although although barely, but I do listen to music kind of loud.  Its have about as much power as my stepdance 2 i think.   I have it preorder and can't wait to  get it and mess around with it more.  Michael said it should be good to go in about a week or two.

-----
Edit:

CEntrance Blog:

...We are still running and are expecting to ship the early units just weeks from now...

I’m searching for the name of that new game that will get us over the hump. My promise is that this game will be created this week and will carry us through to shipping. Making that promise is a game in itself.

Final round...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back