The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #2,221 of 5,999
(If Whiplash ever gets around to sending me my balanced cable)

Yeah, Craig's nothing if not predictably unreliable. He's like Punxsutawney Phil...only comes out of hiding every so often; just long enough to apologize for failing to manage expectations.

My experience was, unfortunately, very negative. The good news for you, though, is that he always seems to deliver a nicely made cable in the end. The bad news is that he's certain to do so on his own time-table and without communicating along the way.

I have one of his cables that I purchased second-hand and it's nice, but certainly not worth dealing with the lack of professionalism along the way. Other folks seem to be willing to give the delicate genius a pass. I, on the other hand, expect far more given the price-point.

Good luck.

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #2,222 of 5,999
I couldn't agree more. Would never do business with Whiplash again. So far the only vendor I have had an issue with re: audio gear. Would definitely recommend Moon Audio for cable needs. Drew is great about answering emails, and all of my interconnects / cables are top notch...

Back on topic: is anyone considering the M8 vs the RSA Intruder? I'm torn between the two, but leaning Intruder...

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #2,223 of 5,999
Quote:
Back on topic: is anyone considering the M8 vs the RSA Intruder? I'm torn between the two, but leaning Intruder...

I guess it would depend on your source.  The Intruder is basically an SR71-B with a 16/48 USB DAC.  The DAC section has no independent power, and depends on the source to power it...

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #2,224 of 5,999
Eron: I am going to use my Heir 8a with the M8. HeadPhone Lounge made me a silver cable with a 4 pin XLR. Then I am going to get a MicroSoft Surface Pro as a secondary source and laptop alternative. Then, finally I will get the Audeze 2 or 3 unless something else strikes my fancy.

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #2,226 of 5,999
Quote:
What balanced headphones are you guys preparing to use with the M8? 

HE-500 + a specially ordered Mundorf cable (16 strands terminated with a Neutrik 4pin XLR)  
tongue.gif

The drawback of my cable is SUPER EXPENSIVE. I think I must be sick. 
biggrin.gif

Sorry, no one can make a comparison for you till the release of M8. 
popcorn.gif

However, I think ...
for the AMP section: The Intruder has a higher gain, but M8 should have more power.
for the DAC section: M8's DAC is definitely better than The Intruder's.
p.s. Personally, I don't like the RSA's balanced connector. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2,229 of 5,999
Am planning on balancing my TG!334s and MarkL D2000s.

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #2,230 of 5,999
Well, I do hope that I'm part of the first batch.. certainly not a major concern to me, but just to get a time frame, expected delivery etc.  since the official release is apparently is right around the corner. 
I pre-ordered around mid-January, where is everyone else compared to this? 

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #2,231 of 5,999
Quote:
Well, I do hope that I'm part of the first batch.. certainly not a major concern to me, but just to get a time frame, expected delivery etc.  since the official release is apparently is right around the corner. 

Pre-ordered in late October :wink:

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #2,232 of 5,999
Quote:

I ordered late November, and based on a list that was published a while ago, I estimated that I was towards the end of the original 40 preorder slots.  Not sure how far over that they went.  I don't anticipate being in the first batch.  Didn't Michael indicate that only 25 or so were going out in the first batch?

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #2,233 of 5,999
Quote:
I ordered late November, and based on a list that was published a while ago, I estimated that I was towards the end of the original 40 preorder slots.  Not sure how far over that they went.  I don't anticipate being in the first batch.  Didn't Michael indicate that only 25 or so were going out in the first batch?

Thanks, I haven't read the post that indicated how many was in the first batch etc. But I do trust you and being in the second batch is absolutely fine with me. I was just being curious about the final delivery situation without having to perform a proper research.. :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back