The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jan 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #1,161 of 5,999
Anyone visited CEntrance booth at CES? According to the M8 Blog, it seems that the prototype is quite good especially the Tone Shaping feature. I would like to hear some impressions about it.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #1,162 of 5,999
Haven't been on the forum in a while and not sure if somebody has already addressed this question.

I'm hesitant to upgrade to the iPhone 5 due to the lighting port connection. Will the M8 have full support for this phone?

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #1,163 of 5,999
Yes, awhile ago someone asked the same question and the answer was yes

Still haven't gotten my cool shirt ):

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #1,166 of 5,999
Quote:
Don't forget to post some first impression
biggrin.gif

Apparently the shirt significantly increases the technicalities of your rig 
deadhorse.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #1,169 of 5,999
Quote:
I thought about this when I read it too.

I was intending to use the M8 as a portable with very sensitive IEMs and then to be able to come home and use as my desktop balanced AMP/DAC with my LCD3s. Perhaps I am expecting too much?

Michael, when you have the time would you please talk about this?

No worries, a lot of padding available in the 3-position gain switch. IEM users will be happy.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #1,170 of 5,999
Quote:
I wonder, how will the quality of the volume knob (potentiometer) be on the HiFi-M8? I have the DACport and although I think it is a pretty good dac/amp, it initially had serious problems with the potentiometer being extremely noisy and scratchy. I had it sent back to CEntrance and they fixed it, to some extent... It is still scratchy, but as CEntrance charged me the return cost (to Europe) I just couldn't bother anymore... Obviously, I'm not the only one having this problem with the DACport. So, in this respect, what can we expect from the HiFi-M8?

Sorry about your inconvenience on the DACport. We have a much improved, larger pot from Alps in the M8. We also changed the circuitry to avoid scratching, etc. I think we have what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back