The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Dec 9, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #828 of 5,999
Still afraid to be on the "pre-order" list...

I am very fortunate to still be on the "pre-order" list. But, I am still hesitating to take advantage of this "privilege" because I am afraid that those "pre-oreder units" may still have some flaws that will be corrected in the final version... thanks to the evaluation made by the "product evaluation group" on the pre-order batch.  

I would rather pay "full price" for a perfect HiFi8 than save some $$ and get a "non-perfect" product ? 

What do you think...

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #831 of 5,999
OUPs... sorry about this...

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #832 of 5,999
Centrance is a great company, i won't be bothered by the email because if there is a flaw on their product i sure that Centrance will compensate it

Regarding the email, yes i agree with Stall there, is unethical to share that kind of information

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #833 of 5,999
Why are you posting details about about the pre-order email on a public forum? If you have questions or concerns please pm CEntrance.

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #835 of 5,999
Quote:
Centrance is a great company, i won't be bothered by the email because if there is a flaw on their product i sure that Centrance will compensate it

Regarding the email, yes i agree with Stall there, is unethical to share that kind of information

Same, here. CEntrance is The Best ---> Great designs and products, super fast response to questions on a personal level (!), excellent pre- and post-sale support, their willingness to let us participate in the design of the M8 final form factors, and they excel in customer support and when dealing with warranty issues. Let me tell you all about my experience with CEntrance.  

I had a warranty issue involving a very minor "problem" with my Dacmini volume pot. I sent it in during the warranty period and they replaced it and got it back to me within 1 week. That's fast turn-around time. Unfortunately, the issue returned a couple of weeks later. In the interim, they had developed a brand new volume pot with better performance. At this point, my warranty had expired but I was prepared to pay to have my Dacmini fixed, again. I asked them to install the 1-ohm output impedance mod while it was in the shop. 

...drum roll and high hat splash....They serviced my Dacmini for free even though it was out of warranty, they "comped" me for the 1-ohm output impedance mod ("for your inconvenience"), And they even paid shipping both ways. Incredible!

BTW, my Dacmini has had no other issues with the volume pot, or otherwise. It sounds incredible with my LCD2s, modded T50RPs, and modded vintage planar magnetic headphones. With the 1-ohm output impedance mod, it also sounds great paired with my Etymotic ER4P/S, UE TripleFi-10, and Shure SE-535 IEMs.

CEntrance is "Top Tier" all the way! They design and make their products in Chicagoland, USA. I have no doubts about Michael, Kenny and the entire CEntrance Team standing behind the HiFi M8 just like they do with all their products.

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #836 of 5,999
I've had similar positive interactions with centrance. Top flight customer care. While the M8 may evolve, I have confidence the initial release will be a solid product. If the test fleet (us...) needs fine tuning, I'm sure we will also be involved in that aspect of product development. Kinda cool, if you want to look at it that way.

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #837 of 5,999
i guys. Just for the info, I was wondering if someone on the pre-order list has a pair of fisher fa-002w high edition cans. They seems very picky amp wise  (burson and hifiman amp recommanded) and as centrance went with the powerfull option with the hifi m8, I'm very curious of the synergy.
best regards. Q

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #838 of 5,999
Quote:

Same, here. CEntrance is The Best ---> Great designs and products, super fast response to questions on a personal level (!), excellent pre- and post-sale support, their willingness to let us participate in the design of the M8 final form factors, and they excel in customer support and when dealing with warranty issues. Let me tell you all about my experience with CEntrance.  

I had a warranty issue involving a very minor "problem" with my Dacmini volume pot. I sent it in during the warranty period and they replaced it and got it back to me within 1 week. That's fast turn-around time. Unfortunately, the issue returned a couple of weeks later. In the interim, they had developed a brand new volume pot with better performance. At this point, my warranty had expired but I was prepared to pay to have my Dacmini fixed, again. I asked them to install the 1-ohm output impedance mod while it was in the shop. 

...drum roll and high hat splash....They serviced my Dacmini for free even though it was out of warranty, they "comped" me for the 1-ohm output impedance mod ("for your inconvenience"), And they even paid shipping both ways. Incredible!

BTW, my Dacmini has had no other issues with the volume pot, or otherwise. It sounds incredible with my LCD2s, modded T50RPs, and modded vintage planar magnetic headphones. With the 1-ohm output impedance mod, it also sounds great paired with my Etymotic ER4P/S, UE TripleFi-10, and Shure SE-535 IEMs.

CEntrance is "Top Tier" all the way! They design and make their products in Chicagoland, USA. I have no doubts about Michael, Kenny and the entire CEntrance Team standing behind the HiFi M8 just like they do with all their products.

Quote:
I've had similar positive interactions with centrance. Top flight customer care. While the M8 may evolve, I have confidence the initial release will be a solid product. If the test fleet (us...) needs fine tuning, I'm sure we will also be involved in that aspect of product development. Kinda cool, if you want to look at it that way.

That's great to hear. I believe that others will feel the same about Centrance

For those of you who are concern about the M8, i think you should discus it with Michael and his team, i'm pretty sure you'll find a win win solutions

Cheers

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #839 of 5,999
Sorry if this has been asked before but this thread can move rather fast at times and it can be hard to keep up. Is it possible to hook up an external amp and just use the M8 DAC? I like to mix and match my amps depending on the gear I'm hearing so if this product could function not unlike a quasi CLAS DAC that would be a killer feature for me.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #840 of 5,999
Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked before but this thread can move rather fast at times and it can be hard to keep up. Is it possible to hook up an external amp and just use the M8 DAC? I like to mix and match my amps depending on the gear I'm hearing so if this product could function not unlike a quasi CLAS DAC that would be a killer feature for me.

Not to my knowledge as it doesn't have a line out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back