The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 18, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #5,746 of 5,999
Problem solved. Did a hard restart of the phone while connected to the M8. Go figure. Thnx to ButtUgly for making me think harder!

I was actually not so lucky. I had issues with my M8 not being recognized by the computer (works fine with a iphone though. Go figure.) Tried it on 3 computers with 2 different OS's. Finally after 2 months of back and forth with Centrance Tech they told me to pay $99 and ship it back to them for repairs. :/ Still debating on what to do since it does work fine with Iphones, just not my computer. 

PS. Careful about that brick charger. I accidentally missed the charging port on mine and pressed it against the Hifi-M8 aluminum chassis. Lots of sparks and the surge fried my desktop Mobo since it was hooked onto the same power strip with no surge protection. Been extremely cautious of charging the thing ever since. Don't absentmindedly plug in the charger like me or it'll go "BOOM" 
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #5,747 of 5,999
good day head-fier's, can some1 please tell me if they have experienced battery failure with their centrance M8(ipod edition) because of no usage? i have not used mines in about 10 months simply because i have a chord hugo that fits all my needs and more. i tried charging it yesterday for a whole 24 hours but the battery does not hold it's charge. i just want to say also i have only 24 hours or less combine on this centrance M8. i called centrance about warranty period and they said only 1 year warranty. they also stated $99.00 for a battery replacement & labor 
angry_face.gif
  plus shipping.  if anyone wants to purchase a lightly used centrance M8(ipod edition) with all packaging PM me for price & shipping. paypal payment only!  

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #5,748 of 5,999
  good day head-fier's, can some1 please tell me if they have experienced battery failure with their centrance M8(ipod edition) because of no usage? i have not used mines in about 10 months simply because i have a chord hugo that fits all my needs and more. i tried charging it yesterday for a whole 24 hours but the battery does not hold it's charge. i just want to say also i have only 24 hours or less combine on this centrance M8. i called centrance about warranty period and they said only 1 year warranty. they also stated $99.00 for a battery replacement & labor 
angry_face.gif
  plus shipping.  if anyone wants to purchase a lightly used centrance M8(ipod edition) with all packaging PM me for price & shipping. paypal payment only!  

Ouch dude. First I've heard of battery issues. I think my unit is about 3 years old still holds 8 hr charge. 

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #5,749 of 5,999
OVERHEATING

I have found that if I leave the M8 and the iPhone 4S on charge overnight the unit gets very hot!

If I turn off the IPhone charging (i.e. power switch back to middle position) as soon as the phone gets to 100%, I can leave the M8 plugged into the charging cable, and it switces off the charging when fully charged. No more overheating.

Aug 28, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #5,752 of 5,999
I'm having audio issues while in-game in Windows 10, the audio keeps dropping in and out constantly. It's like the game has trouble using the device. However, normal desktop uses such as web browsing and listening to music such as foobar2000, the sound is flawless. I never this issue in Windows 8, perhaps a WHQL driver is needed for Windows 10? Centrance website has security issues and my browser says its not safe, has anyone actually gotten in touch with any of the Centrance fellas?

Sep 17, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #5,753 of 5,999
  I'm having audio issues while in-game in Windows 10, the audio keeps dropping in and out constantly. It's like the game has trouble using the device. However, normal desktop uses such as web browsing and listening to music such as foobar2000, the sound is flawless. I never this issue in Windows 8, perhaps a WHQL driver is needed for Windows 10? Centrance website has security issues and my browser says its not safe, has anyone actually gotten in touch with any of the Centrance fellas?

If I remember correctly, I don't think Centrance has come out with a Universal Driver for the Win10 platform quite yet. :/ They have some support, but they are still working on it. Cogs of a small business turn very slowly :wink: 

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #5,754 of 5,999
Anyone knows if there is a way to turn off charging for iDevice? I want to get an Ipod touch, but the battery for the M8 is already weak. It is forced to charge iDevice, every time it's plugged in. 5-6 h becomes 3-4 hours.

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #5,755 of 5,999

One thing to note, if you don't have the charger plugged into the hifi-m8, it doesn't offer to charge the apple device.  If you've got it plugged into the charger, it does charge the apple device.

Hope this helps---
Jerry

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #5,756 of 5,999
Anyone knows if there is a way to turn off charging for iDevice? I want to get an Ipod touch, but the battery for the M8 is already weak. It is forced to charge iDevice, every time it's plugged in. 5-6 h becomes 3-4 hours.

Agree with the post above. In my case, once the iPhone is charged (3 LEDS), I switch power to the mid position to continue charging the M8... In my case the M8 gets very hot if I keep trying to charge the iPhone once it is full.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #5,757 of 5,999
Anyone has recommendation for an elegant microUsb to USB B cable for Android phone to the M8? I looked everywhere can't find one.

Sep 30, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #5,759 of 5,999
  Anyone has recommendation for an elegant microUsb to USB B cable for Android phone to the M8? I looked everywhere can't find one.

I use the Audio-Technica AT-EUS1000hc OTG adapter, paired up with any good quality USB Type A to Type B cable you might already own.

Not too easy to locate one in the U.S. but I did find it from a reputable seller on eBay, under $50 if memory serves me, with EMS trackable shipping from Japan. It arrived in NY in 4 days.

Also not easy to see from their product description, but it's an OTG cable (required for Android use with the M8) terminated with a USB micro connector (for the phone end), and a female Type A on the other end.

You'd plug whatever standard USB cable of good quality you already have into the A-T cable's Type A female end.

Or, if you aren't a big fan of expensive USB cables/adapters, you could also use something more generic like this OTG adapter and any existing USB Type A to Type B cable and that too will work with the M8.

This is assuming your phone is actually OTG/Host mode capable of course (many are not).

The disadvantage to using a hard adapter is the inevitable stress it will put on the phones's micro USB port, an adapter such as the A-T above lessens that stress in my opinion, the short length of wire provides a little flex/strain relief.

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #5,760 of 5,999

I use the Audio-Technica AT-EUS1000hc OTG adapter, paired up with any good quality USB Type A to Type B cable you might already own.

Not too easy to locate one in the U.S. but I did find it from a reputable seller on eBay, under $50 if memory serves me, with EMS trackable shipping from Japan. It arrived in NY in 4 days.

Also not easy to see from their product description, but it's an OTG cable (required for Android use with the M8) terminated with a USB micro connector (for the phone end), and a female Type A on the other end.

You'd plug whatever standard USB cable of good quality you already have into the A-T cable's Type A female end.

Or, if you aren't a big fan of expensive USB cables/adapters, you could also use something more generic like this OTG adapter and any existing USB Type A to Type B cable and that too will work with the M8.

This is assuming your phone is actually OTG/Host mode capable of course (many are not).

The disadvantage to using a hard adapter is the inevitable stress it will put on the phones's micro USB port, an adapter such as the A-T above lessens that stress in my opinion, the short length of wire provides a little flex/strain relief.

I have been using a generic short microUSB OTG https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Micro-USB-Adapter-6-Inch/dp/B00GM0OZ4O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1475292897&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+otg with this short right angled USB A to USB B cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5HS7TI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. However, the angles is all messed up. It difficult to calculate the angle from pictures. So I have been using the first OTG cable with a long printer USB A to B cable. I bought a Samsung J3 prepaid phone $100 new. It has Android 6.0.1 with excellent screen. OTG works perfect with USB Audio Player Pro. Put in a 128GB card, you are set. Way better deal than an Ipod Touch, but the cable management is a little chaotic right now. Thanks for the input though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back