The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Oct 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #5,086 of 5,999
High res support would be of great interest for me since I have over 250gb of high res material. It would be worth to me if I had to send it in. The fact that it interest me is kind of the curse of the m8. With other similar products I've tried using the cck to cheat high res out of my idevices, I couldn't hear the difference with high res material. In fact with most of them, I was hard press to even hear a difference between redbook and 256 bitrate mp3s. With the m8, I can clearly hear the difference not only between mp3s and redbook, but also between redbook and high res. As a result, I use the pc input/cck more than I do the idevice input which is a shame since I bought this version exclusively for the idevice input. It would be great to have high res, but not a must since I can still enjoy it using the other usb input.

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #5,087 of 5,999
A gentleman here at RMAF bought a cypher labs DAC/amp today, and ended up preferring my HiFi-M8 with his K701. So he returned the Cypher labs device and bought his own HiFi-M8 instead. It's that good.

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #5,088 of 5,999
whats the sound signature, i am hoping for a warm, smooth, rich detailed sound signature that can drive the audeze lcd2 with authority

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #5,089 of 5,999
i want to ask shall i wait for an upgrade before i order from entrance for the hardware fix and will it be out

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #5,090 of 5,999
  whats the sound signature, i am hoping for a warm, smooth, rich detailed sound signature that can drive the audeze lcd2 with authority

i want to ask shall i wait for an upgrade before i order from entrance for the hardware fix and will it be out

If that sound is what you are after, the HiFi-M8 is most likely what you want.

Now the hardware fix is a tougher question.  Technically, there isn't going to be a change in sound, just an easier chain to get you hi-res music out of your iDevices.  If you listen out of your computer or your Android phone or DAP, then its a non-issue.  But if you don't want a Camera Connection Kit (CCK) in your iDevice chain, then I guess wait and see.  But all that wait time could be spent enjoying.

And I'm typing this while listening to some Tune Yards, through my M8 and MDR-Z7s.  And I wouldn't want to be without this for any extended period of time....

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #5,091 of 5,999
i hope we can get info when we can buy the updated hardware m8 as i don't like to use many cables

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #5,095 of 5,999
A couple questions -

1) I know this works with Android via UAPP - but does it work natively (Ie for Spotify)?  My phone is HTC One M8 if that matters...:)
2) any thoughts on if this is better than Ifi Micro IDSD?  I plan to be powering Alpha Dogs

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #5,096 of 5,999
  A couple questions -

1) I know this works with Android via UAPP - but does it work natively (Ie for Spotify)?  My phone is HTC One M8 if that matters...:)
2) any thoughts on if this is better than Ifi Micro IDSD?  I plan to be powering Alpha Dogs

my coworker has a Verizon HTC One M8. With any luck, she will let me tinker Monday. If she lets me, I'll get back on here to let you know the results.

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #5,097 of 5,999
My M8 has just stopped working.  It was fine a few days ago.  I've had some problems with my ipod and sometimes have had to reset the ipod to get it to register but now nothing works.  Even plugged into the computer doesn't work.

I've emailed Centrance..  anyone else have this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back