The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Oct 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #5,058 of 5,999
  Dear All,

Just a quick update I received regarding the 24/96 update situation:

`We (CEntrance) have been beating our heads up against this wall for over a year now ..........  iPhone is not as friendly as we were hoping it would be.

Please let the head-fi folks know that while Michael is traveling the world, our team of dedicated engineers back home are working hard on finding the solution. If anyone could do that, it would be CEntrance.

That's all I can say at the moment, but more soon.` -David/Centrance.

Regards
expat.

Any update on this?

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #5,060 of 5,999
Mike responded in my i5 thread, which he said with the Lightning Connector there is still hope, so he hasn't given up yet.

Oct 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #5,061 of 5,999
We are working on a solution that may involve a hardware fix. Basically we expect that we would need to swap out a digital card inside the unit. Unfortunately, a software fix doesn't seem to do the trick, so we may be looking at a need to send the M8 in for fitting a new card in. Those things cost money, so we won't be able to do it for free, but I will try to do it as cost-effectively as possible. I should know more in 4 weeks.

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #5,062 of 5,999
Flacplayer app i have found the best and is reliable and stable.

I have tried most of the main free and paid audio apps.

I have written to the FLAC player app twice but he/she doesn't reply. What I wanted to know is whether for the FLAC files added into the app, does iTunes include these files when you do a normal iTunes sync backup. If it does then your files are effectively stored twice in your computer.
With the video apps I use, I normally have an option not to backup my video files when I do my usual iTunes sync and back up procedure.

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #5,066 of 5,999
I dont remember sorry. I think they are included in the back up.

I will try to confirm.

Thanks
asetahyz.jpg

Oct 5, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #5,069 of 5,999
We are working on a solution that may involve a hardware fix. Basically we expect that we would need to swap out a digital card inside the unit. Unfortunately, a software fix doesn't seem to do the trick, so we may be looking at a need to send the M8 in for fitting a new card in. Those things cost money, so we won't be able to do it for free, but I will try to do it as cost-effectively as possible. I should know more in 4 weeks.

Interesting development. Thanks for the update.

Its a pity that you couldnt find a software solution, but you ad your team have tried about everything you could regarding software.

cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back