The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #4,831 of 5,999
Centrance has given me a definitive answer:

"Unfortunately , we are no longer bundling that cable with HiFi-M8 .

You can find a similar cable for approximately $4 at this link:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=112&cp_id=11213&cs_id=1121301&p_id=10512&seq=1&format=2 

that is black version.  white is also available. 

I am sorry about the confusion."

That's the cable someone recommended here earlier. Seems the way to go as per centrance. I don't think a $100 Plus cable will do much. It may, but hey, my $1 bundled apple cable in the picture above is already giving me what I want and more. Gonna go ahead and order the monoprice one. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #4,832 of 5,999
  Centrance has given me a definitive answer:

"Unfortunately , we are no longer bundling that cable with HiFi-M8 .

You can find a similar cable for approximately $4 at this link:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=112&cp_id=11213&cs_id=1121301&p_id=10512&seq=1&format=2 

that is black version.  white is also available. 

I am sorry about the confusion."

That's the cable someone recommended here earlier. Seems the way to go as per centrance. I don't think a $100 Plus cable will do much. It may, but hey, my $1 bundled apple cable in the picture above is already giving me what I want and more. Gonna go ahead and order the monoprice one. 

It's transmitting a digital signal. Just buy the cheapest one in the shortest length you want. $100. + cables are completely overkill for this purpose (and most). 

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #4,833 of 5,999

I have the cables made by CableJive. Seem to be reasonably priced, good quality, and just the right length. 

CableJive iBoltz XS. Extra Short (12cm) Lightning to USB Sync and Charge Cable. 
Link: http://amzn.com/B00FARSS8O

CableJive iStubz. (7cm) 30-pin to USB Sync and Charge Cable.
Link: http://amzn.com/B002LTIXK2

To whomever is cable shopping-

I would go for the 7cm, those 4inch(10cm) seem a little too long. imho.

I have the Vmoda Tuono lightning ( 9.5cm, 3.75 inches), you can find pictures in the picture section of this thread.
or check this thread-    http://www.head-fi.org/t/687750/lightning-cables-official-and-custom-welcomed
.......So you can see what the size is like. 

On reflection maybe 10cm isnt too bad, but I prefer a smaller footprint.

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #4,835 of 5,999
Says you. But that doesn't make it the gospel and it doesn't belong in this thread, it belongs in the obligatory "do cables make any difference" thread/war.

Or maybe the "do digital cables make any difference" thread/war.

Leave it out of the CEntrance thread, it isn't applicable here.

For the record, "the cheapest one" is very often the biggest piece of ****, certainly in terms of durability/reliability if not sound quality.

My post is precisely on topic here given we are discussing Centrance recently ceasing to include the cable and the poster above looking for alternatives.

Further, Centrance themselves stated the $4.00 cable from Monoprice is similar and equivalent to the one they used to include, a fact which is also very on topic.

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #4,837 of 5,999

The proclamation about "$100+ cables being overkill for this and most purposes..." is off topic, and also incorrect/just your opinion, it probably shouldn't be stated like a fact in this thread.

My direct experience is to the contrary, in owning the ADL ID-30pa, AQ Carbon, as well as the CEntrance, Griffin, and Bone Link II. They definitely do not all sound the same, although price/performance ratio is another matter entirely.

CEntrance is trying to soften the blow by pointing people at a cheap cable. It isn't exactly the same as the one they were including, however that too is mostly irrelevant, as throw-in freebie cables are always as a first priority cheap rather than anything else.

For someone who doesn't want others to talk about cables here, you sure do a lot of talking about cables. 

Jun 7, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #4,838 of 5,999
I agree with phototristan, using a 100$+ cable is overkill but I personally wont buy the cheapest one because they tend to break easily from my experience.

And that is just my opinion, not a fact and not gospel. I wish people would stop over reacting sheesh!

Jun 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #4,839 of 5,999
I agree with phototristan, using a 100$+ cable is overkill but I personally wont buy the cheapest one because they tend to break easily from my experience.

And that is just my opinion, not a fact and not gospel. I wish people would stop over reacting sheesh!

I agree, I worry more on the cable breaking than any effect it has on SQ. Well it may have an effect if the cable is breaking and solder joints are not in proper contact dure to the stress when a short cable is bent and when it's pressed inside a bag or a pouch.

So a sturdy quality cable in this case won't come cheap but neither is $100 expensive.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #4,840 of 5,999
I'm very interested in the M8.  Does anyone have any experience with this compared to the Chrod Hugo?  Obviously there is a Huge difference in cost but I'm curious. 

Jun 10, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #4,841 of 5,999
if anyone here is interested in a MINT  CEntrance HiFi-M8 (classic.  with iPhone input and XL4 output), I might be putting mine up for sale in the Forums in the next few days.

sold off my powerful headphones and thus don't need the power and flexibility of M8 so much.
still debating.... ears say "no don't sell it!".  wallet says:  "I need the $." 
ug.

PM me if you wish.

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #4,845 of 5,999
I'm very interested in the M8.  Does anyone have any experience with this compared to the Chrod Hugo?  Obviously there is a Huge difference in cost but I'm curious. 

Haven't exactly spent a lot of time with the hugo since i got it. But my main portable has been the m8.

I'll see if i can free up some time to do a beginners comparison. As the wife dont even know that i got the hugo yet. :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back