The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 5, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #4,818 of 5,999

I will say this.  The monoprice is the same as the one that used to be included with the M8.  My friend has it and I put my "CEntrance" next to it and the only difference is the logo.  If you don't want a "high end" cable, after your expensive purchase, this will due fine.  I'm not going to spend big bucks on my next cable till I go Lightning....

I have the cables made by CableJive. Seem to be reasonably priced, good quality, and just the right length. 

CableJive iBoltz XS. Extra Short (12cm) Lightning to USB Sync and Charge Cable. 
Link: http://amzn.com/B00FARSS8O

CableJive iStubz. (7cm) 30-pin to USB Sync and Charge Cable.
Link: http://amzn.com/B002LTIXK2

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #4,820 of 5,999
I, too, bought the Belkin kit of short cables and was disappointed in the twist of the cable that was needed to make it work. I still use the original supplied USB cable from Centrance, but have thought about having Peter over at Double Helix craft me a kick ass custom one at the exact length needed.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #4,822 of 5,999

It doesn't appear Monoprice is offering the one identical to the CEntrance anymore. Perhaps that's why CEntrance ran out of them, are they no longer made?

I guess my Centrance 30-pin cable is a collectors item now? Anyone want to buy it for $500.?

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #4,823 of 5,999

It doesn't appear Monoprice is offering the one identical to the CEntrance anymore. Perhaps that's why CEntrance ran out of them, are they no longer made?

Seems a safe assumption.  Lighting is making the 30 pin go the way of the dodo...

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #4,825 of 5,999

Whatever the reason, it's unacceptable to promise something to a customer then simply not deliver it.  The hifi-m8 is likely a good product, but I don't think much of the company at this point...

Hi,
If you still have the mail stating the promise I think you should forward it back to Mr Goodman, for the experience I had he proved to care a lot about the customer satisfaction. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #4,826 of 5,999
  Hi,
If you still have the mail stating the promise I think you should forward it back to Mr Goodman, for the experience I had he proved to care a lot about the customer satisfaction. 

There was no email.  I called the company on their posted phone number.  It may have been Goodman with whom I spoke - I don't recall for sure.  The reason I called before ordering was that I looked for an acceptable cable at the time and couldn't find one.  His response to my concern was something along the lines of: not to worry, it comes with the amp.

Also, I've sent them 3 emails over the last 2 days and haven't gotten any responses to those either.  I'm sure they're busy and my issue may not be considered a big one, but it sure is a disappointment to receive this thing and not be able to use it portably without a 3 ft cable wrapped around it (the only one I have on hand).  I waited about 5 months to receive it, and had they told me I needed a cable, I would have sorted one out in the interim.

I'm sure I'll come up with something, but this is still a bad deal imo, especially since the website still shows pictures with their branded cable, and no mention is made that the buyer will need to come up with something on his/her own.  I didn't need another amp, and portability/packaging was the whole reason I bought it.

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #4,827 of 5,999

There was no email.  I called the company on their posted phone number.  It may have been Goodman with whom I spoke - I don't recall for sure.  The reason I called before ordering was that I looked for an acceptable cable at the time and couldn't find one.  His response to my concern was something along the lines of: not to worry, it comes with the amp.

Also, I've sent them 3 emails over the last 2 days and haven't gotten any responses to those either.  I'm sure they're busy and my issue may not be considered a big one, but it sure is a disappointment to receive this thing and not be able to use it portably without a 3 ft cable wrapped around it (the only one I have on hand).  I waited about 5 months to receive it, and had they told me I needed a cable, I would have sorted one out in the interim.

I'm sure I'll come up with something, but this is still a bad deal imo, especially since the website still shows pictures with their branded cable, and no mention is made that the buyer will need to come up with something on his/her own.  I didn't need another amp, and portability/packaging was the whole reason I bought it.

I agree with you in general but also think you are making too big a deal over it. You can just buy one for like $10. and call it a day. It's not like the device is useless and I highly doubt the only reason you bought it was for a $10 cable. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #4,828 of 5,999
BTW, anyone looking for a black lighting to USB short cable, there's this one which is only 4" (also comes longer):

http://amzn.to/1l9usml

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #4,829 of 5,999

Believe me I understand you, a promise to me is a contract and they should put every effort to help you in the best way possible, no matter how small the issue is, besides as you can see here:

you can still use your hifi m8  in his full portability

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #4,830 of 5,999
  I agree with you in general but also think you are making too big a deal over it. You can just buy one for like $10. and call it a day. It's not like the device is useless and I highly doubt the only reason you bought it was for a $10 cable. 

No, it wasn't the reason I bought it, but if I thought I couldn't get a nice quality compact cable as in the picture I probably wouldn't have bought it.  That was the reason I called them first.  Yes, it may seem like much ado over little, but my local best-buy doesn't have anything, and until a mail order arrives I'm unable to use it as I intended after a 5 month wait.

The main reason I got on this forum was to find a solution, not to vent or debate whether Centrance should be honoring commitments.  I realize that I'm party to taking the discussion down that rat hole, for which I apologize.  Unfortunately, the only thing that surfaced that I wasn't aware of was that $178 Japanese cable, but I thank everyone for their input in any event.

I'll not belabor the subject any longer.

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back