The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jan 22, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #4,248 of 5,999
  I'm newer sorry if its a dumb question but gotta learn somewhere. Quick question if im going to output to the m8 lx will the dual dacs in the ak 120 make a difference compared to the ak 100? or will it not matter because it will use the m8 dac?

With either A&K offering, you'll be listening to the DAC section of the M8 and not that of the the DAP.  Now I believe the ak120 does play a couple more formats, like DSD. That, plus the added storage might swing one to the more expensive offering...

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #4,251 of 5,999
Jan 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #4,253 of 5,999

I don't think that it's going to happen, at least on the Centrance side.  Maybe with an Apple iOS rev. that is backward compatible.

wow, while I am not happy (at all) that 24/96 hasn't been released yet:

I don't share your pessimism about "never", mainly because Michael Goodman all but promised that his team has a patch that updates the M8 to do 24/96 from iDevices.
if they totally bail on that "promise" there'd be some loud backlash I suspect.

maybe they are waiting to do a joint-release of 24/96 with the Mini-M8 ?

anyhow it needs to get done or CEntrance has misled us from the start.

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #4,255 of 5,999
Not really.  It's always been ambiguous as to whether they could accomplish it from the downstream DAC/amp side.  And they certainly put forth the resources, at least for a while.  Maybe they even hit a stone wall...

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #4,256 of 5,999
  Not really.  It's always been ambiguous as to whether they could accomplish it from the downstream DAC/amp side.  And they certainly put forth the resources, at least for a while.  Maybe they even hit a stone wall...

All true.  Lots of maybes.  I'd sure like to hear the status / plans / issues / potential time line if there is one.  Right now, all most of us remember is 24/96 capability via firmware update, and a long delay to implement the ability to do firmware updates, for this purpose.  Frankly, I'd like to have the capability, but won't be too disappointed if it does not materialize, either due to Apple's disinterest or CEntrance not being able to make it work.  What does disappoint me a bit at the moment, is Centrance' long radio silence on this subject.  Time to speak up, imho.

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #4,258 of 5,999
Hey All,

Sorry about the lack of info. We have been super busy with trade shows, HiFi-M8 production and Mixerface/Mini-M8 development.

The 24/96 upgrade is still in the works and we will have more info very soon!

-Kenny

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #4,259 of 5,999
Kenny,

thanks for the ping here, making sure all (current) M8 customers are updated on this stellar product!

We look forward to you or Michael chiming  back in with the "more info soon" on the 24/96 upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back