The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Dec 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #4,096 of 5,999
I though it was 1 Ohm at the left position?

I'm still sorta confused as to the optimal setting with my LCD3s. Right now I have it in the middle position, but can't tell much difference with any of the positions actually.

Yeah, it seems backwards but it's definitely 11,2,1 left to right. LCD though being a planar is pretty much not affected by impedance setting.

Dec 15, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #4,097 of 5,999
Yeah, it seems backwards but it's definitely 11,2,1 left to right. LCD though being a planar is pretty much not affected by impedance setting.

Thanks for the info.!

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #4,098 of 5,999
All this being said, one of the fantastic reasons for owning a HiFi-M8 is that you *can* tinker wight he setting to see what works best for your setup. I bought a Vamp Verza and thought the bass was thin on my CIEMS... I had no way of making a comparison and had to do the "theoretical guesswork" to decide to return he unit. Very glad I did. (This was a multi-impedance CIEM needs low impedance source problem)

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #4,099 of 5,999
Good news everybody.....

Rudi has confirmed that his new Sony Walkman NWZ-ZX1 works with his iDevice M8!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudi0504 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Jeff , thank you and I will follow later on your suggestion

I just try what Jeff recommendation as follow :
Source : sony WM ZX1
Dac / Amp : Centrance Hi Fi M 8
Iem : sony XBA H 3
Cable : USB to USB A wire world ultra violet to hi Fi M
USB to DAC Sony to Sony WM ZX 1

Sound quality
High : more refine and better clarity , it is not harsh at all ,
Cymbals more natural and detail
Mid : more sweet and natural
Bass : better in detail and very clean bass sq , better impact as well
Separation : wth hi Fi M8 improve
Soundstage : more 3 D like you feel in big concert hall

Conculsion : so far excellent synergy between Sony WM ZX1 and Hi Fi M 8 use USB dac function

IMO

Picture will post later

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #4,101 of 5,999
  Wow wow wow wait a minute, you got me there.

So we can get ZX1 and pair it with M8 or M8 LX? All we need is a cable that connects ZX1 with M8 USB input?

Rudi used his Sony cable WMC-NWH10 plus the included USB cable with the M8.  Its not a shorty solution yet, but its proof of concept.

And it should also work with the less expensive Walkman NW-F880

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #4,103 of 5,999
Speaking of gain, I'm finding I only use low and the HiFi m8 can get plenty loud enough, even with my LCD3s. Am I missing anything by not using a higher gain on the gain switch?

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #4,105 of 5,999
Per Rudi in the "post your portables" thread...

Quote:
Rudi, can you comment on the sound of your new sony IEM?

My Sony hybrid XBA H 3 Sound Quality

Source : Sony Walkman WM ZX 1
Dac / Amp : Centrance Hi Fi M8
Iems : Sony XBA H 3
Cable : USB to USB A
Sony USB

High : very clear m clean and detail
Mid : natural and analog midrange , sound so full for iem like headphone
Bass : very Good bass detail and very deep bass impact
Separation : very good that you can hear the music placement in the right place
Soundstage : 3 D soundstage , sound like from out site your head

I love this set up for long listening

Minus : Sony XBA H 3 fitting is not so good and can not use for sleeping

IMO

0f14ee919e8ec81f323727f558dfde01_zps97a93876.jpg

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #4,106 of 5,999
With the Heir 8a I started with everything at the left most positions. I changed the impedance to the right most position when I found out that the impedance settings were 11, 2, 1 (left to right). I have not changed it since. I think it sounds better this way (but it didn't sound at all bad initially). I am very satisfied with either the iPod Classic or the Android phone connected to the HiFi M8. Quite distracting. Even material that I have overplayed sounds fresh and interesting. Highly recommended. I also find that I do not listen as loud as I did before the HiFi M8 - I don't have to turn it up to be engaged with the sound.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #4,108 of 5,999

No, its 1,2,11 from left to right looking at it from behind.  Anyway you usually want to keep it around 1 or 2 for most headphone.  The 11 is for sensitive iem or really long cable headphone.  I have a long talk with the engineer at centrance about this.  This is pretty much what they told me.  I am thankful for them spending their time answering my questions.  Centrance have good customer service.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #4,109 of 5,999
No, its 1,2,11 from left to right looking at it from behind.  Anyway you usually want to keep it around 1 or 2 for most headphone.  The 11 is for sensitive iem or really long cable headphone.  I have a long talk with the engineer at centrance about this.  This is pretty much what they told me.  I am thankful for them spending their time answering my questions.  Centrance have good customer service.

Nope, verified by Kenny from CEntrance on this thread or the other one quite some time back. 11, 2, 1 left to right. Search it if you're in doubt

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #4,110 of 5,999
Nope, verified by Kenny from CEntrance on this thread or the other one quite some time back. 11, 2, 1 left to right. Search it if you're in doubt

Aren't you both right?  If you are facing the front and reach to the back, then it is 11, 2, 1 left to right.  Kokushu was saying if you are looking at the back, that it is 1, 2, 11 left to right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back