The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Dec 11, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #4,081 of 5,999
  Has anyone received their preordered hifim8 without getting a shipping confirmation?

I'm worried they've forgotten about me :frowning2:

An email wouldn't be a bad idea...

Kenny emailed me, a couple of weeks ago with tracking.  I'm guessing he took over duties for Stacie.  So, I suppose you could have been lost in translation.  If you need his email, PM me.  Michael asked we don't post them in public.

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #4,085 of 5,999
I was just notified, via email, that my Hifi M8 was shipped! I ordered back in early September...

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #4,088 of 5,999
Excellent. Let us know what you think. It does need some burn-in time - the first day or so is the most important.

I have burned in my M-8 for almost two months and I still enjoy it just as much as the first day I received it.

I'm still trying to figure out why the M8 sound so good because there must be something out there that is better, offers the same versatility etc. at a much cheaper price?  Or should I say.. where  can I spend double the price or maybe just a few extra (hundred) dollar bills to find a small/huge improvement, can anyone truly tell me?

So overall I'm looking for a slight increase in SQ compared to what the M8 can offer?  I don't accept or trust personal opinions unless they want to support my household and all included.. :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #4,089 of 5,999
Excellent. Let us know what you think. It does need some burn-in time - the first day or so is the most important.

Will do.

Initial impression is very good straight out of the box. I installed the driver on my laptop a couple of days ago and when I plugged the M8 in it automatically became the output device which was easier than I expected. It drives the signature pros very nicely on its lowest power setting and the LCD2 comfortably on the medium setting.

Not much to add just yet.

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #4,093 of 5,999
Is there any general rule as to if your headphones impedance is used to determine which setting is used?  Anyone have recommendations for different headphones, i.e. Vmoda M100, Ultrasone Signature DJ??

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #4,094 of 5,999
How do I tell what setting the impedance switch should be at ?

Hi Tristan,
The impedance switch is..left to right: 11, 2, 1 ohm. Generally you want to ensure you have minimum 8:1 ratio for your headphones to source impedance for proper damping. I.e., 2 ohm setting or lower for 16 ohm headphones. I believe multi BA CIEM's the frequency response can be skewed significantly if the source output impedance is below that ratio. My 30 (?) Ohm CIEM's lost a little bass control and focus at the 11 ohm setting.

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #4,095 of 5,999
Hi Tristan,
The impedance switch is..left to right: 11, 2, 1 ohm. Generally you want to ensure you have minimum 8:1 ratio for your headphones to source impedance for proper damping. I.e., 2 ohm setting or lower for 16 ohm headphones. I believe multi BA CIEM's the frequency response can be skewed significantly if the source output impedance is below that ratio. My 30 (?) Ohm CIEM's lost a little bass control and focus at the 11 ohm setting.
Hi Tristan,

I though it was 1 Ohm at the left position?

I'm still sorta confused as to the optimal setting with my LCD3s. Right now I have it in the middle position, but can't tell much difference with any of the positions actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back