The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Nov 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #766 of 5,999
Quote:
If I remember correctly there wasn't an option for the mini 4 pin XLR in the survey.

But the LEMO was there... 

I guess the 4-pin XLR was a generic catagory back then, as opposed to dual 3-pin XLRs and the other types (LEMO, RSA), and now the subsequent mini 4-pin preference is an additional refinement on the general category majority selection.  You like that rationale?

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #769 of 5,999
+1 on optical spdif out+ 2v standard line levelout rather than 3rd variable one... but in the same time isn't it strange to connect the dac output on a 1/8 jack ? I guess I'm just too biased with standard rca dac output.

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #772 of 5,999
Quote:
Just wondering how you preordered this thing already? I'd love to get in on that...

Send an email inquiry to HiFi-M8@centrance.com, pre-order spots were limited but it might be worth a shot.

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #773 of 5,999
At this point, I just want the device :)  As much as a dedicated line out and a mini XLR connector would be awesome and be the ideal device, I think it is too late in this cycle and I'd like to just get it now.  

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #774 of 5,999
At this point, I just want the device :)  As much as a dedicated line out and a mini XLR connector would be awesome and be the ideal device, I think it is too late in this cycle and I'd like to just get it now.  

Hah! I found a short term hold me over until the M8 ships. Still, I'm ok with standard 4 pin XLR. Heck, Ibasso even has a nice 4 pin to hirose for the ibasso balanced out. Now if I can just decide how I want to recable my mad dogs...

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #775 of 5,999
Thanks elnero, I sent them an email and hopefully some good news will follow. Cannot wait (although I obviously will) for this thing to finally come out! Felt like I had to buy something to hold me over, picked up the Etymotic's Hf5 as an appetizer.

Send an email inquiry to HiFi-M8@centrance.com, pre-order spots were limited but it might be worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back