The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Aug 12, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #796 of 820
So I spent a little time with my m8 v2. While the Bluetooth is a great convenience factor, for true immersive quality music, usb in is the way to go. The music is just that. More immersive. There is somthing intangible that just makes the music better

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #797 of 820
So I spent a little time with my m8 v2. While the Bluetooth is a great convenience factor, for true immersive quality music, usb in is the way to go. The music is just that. More immersive. There is somthing intangible that just makes the music better
Agree. I use mine with USB from my Node streaming Radio Paradise MQA and it is terrific sounding.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #798 of 820
I just got this promo from CEntrance:

Get the most advanced portable amplifier and DAC by CEntrance. With USB digital input, 3.5 mm analog input and wireless Balanced Bluetooth input, this is our best portable amplifier yet!

I got my M8 when it was on pre-release (discounted) offer-I don't believe mine has a 3.5 mm analog input...or am I missing something? Did they change it for the commercial release? I would really like analog in (I have lots of music on 2 DAPs, the old Pono, and a Dethonray Prelude, neither of which had Bluetooth or digital out, I'd love to be able to connect them As it is, I hardly use my m8...)

Nov 25, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #799 of 820
I just got this promo from CEntrance:

Get the most advanced portable amplifier and DAC by CEntrance. With USB digital input, 3.5 mm analog input and wireless Balanced Bluetooth input, this is our best portable amplifier yet!

I got my M8 when it was on pre-release (discounted) offer-I don't believe mine has a 3.5 mm analog input...or am I missing something? Did they change it for the commercial release? I would really like analog in (I have lots of music on 2 DAPs, the old Pono, and a Dethonray Prelude, neither of which had Bluetooth or digital out, I'd love to be able to connect them As it is, I hardly use my m8...)

With the M8 V2, no I don't have any 3.5mm input too only USB-C and BT Aptx input.. I had to buy Centrance Ampersand for analog Input (this amp is a more powerful than the M8V2 and can also support low impedance headphones like DCA Stealth with 24 ohms)

Nov 25, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #800 of 820
I don't have an analog input on mine either-is that a mistake on the promo email? It clearly says 3.5 mm analog input.

Feb 20, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #801 of 820
So- can a DAP like the Sony WM1z MK2 be connected to this dac/amp by way of my usb C charging port at the bottom of the dap- or will this not work? In other words- can I use my sony dap as a digital streamer only with the Centrance?

Feb 20, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #804 of 820
So- can a DAP like the Sony WM1z MK2 be connected to this dac/amp by way of my usb C charging port at the bottom of the dap- or will this not work? In other words- can I use my sony dap as a digital streamer only with the Centrance?
I don’t see why it can’t. You’ll need a USB C to C OTG cable. People have connected the WM1Z mk2 with dongles like L&P W2 successfully so the USB OTG function should work.

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #805 of 820
wanted to chime in with my 2 cents, got this Amp/Dac in a trade, using it since Autumn 22,
I truly believe it is one of the best Portable devices on the market , I haven’t heard Aroma BT dac amp, but centrance has reputation in pro audio and a good one,for me it’s says more than any audiophile company. Sound wise - it’s blowing me away. Every time I connect to it (via USB it’s better) it sounds so Analogue and lush!
Very sweet yet resolving without harshness!
Love it.
Would be great if they added 4.4 input output, and added lossless wireless transmission- there definitely should be space inside for this.

Jun 4, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #806 of 820
Yeah, 2x2 or 2.5x2.5 is realistic from both power and battery life standpoints. Although 8 hours will be possible with an external power bank (they are getting quite small).

Our charging circuitry allows the unit to be plugged in indefinitely. We don't charge the battery when it's full, so it's safe to leave it plugged in.

What other hard-to-drive headphones do you have?
Hello mgoodman,

I have both the HiFi-M8 V2 and the Ampersand and there are some concerns about charging these 2 units that I wish to enlist your help:
1) I'm using this charger (https://www.momax.net/en-us/products/us15) to charge them, through either the USB-C PD port or the USB-A QC port, is this ok? I mean will I "damage" the battery in these 2 units, as after charging them for a while (like 2 LEDs on, one more to go) these units become quite warm to touch!
2) I had in the past connected the Ampersand to a Macbook USB port to charge while using it with a DAP, and the unit wasn't as warm as when using the momax charger! (FYI, the momax PD and QC ports both support 5V/3A charging).
3) I hope to have my M8 and Ampersand plugged in when using them but not charging via Macbook, and what types of chargers should I be using then?

Much appreciates your help ..
TIA

Jun 26, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #807 of 820
Hello mgoodman,

I have both the HiFi-M8 V2 and the Ampersand and there are some concerns about charging these 2 units that I wish to enlist your help:
1) I'm using this charger (https://www.momax.net/en-us/products/us15) to charge them, through either the USB-C PD port or the USB-A QC port, is this ok? I mean will I "damage" the battery in these 2 units, as after charging them for a while (like 2 LEDs on, one more to go) these units become quite warm to touch!
2) I had in the past connected the Ampersand to a Macbook USB port to charge while using it with a DAP, and the unit wasn't as warm as when using the momax charger! (FYI, the momax PD and QC ports both support 5V/3A charging).
3) I hope to have my M8 and Ampersand plugged in when using them but not charging via Macbook, and what types of chargers should I be using then?

Much appreciates your help ..
TIA
Sorry, just saw this. I don't lift my head up from the design station this year, it's been nuts. Any high power charger will do. That means a 2.5A / 5V USB charger. Some laptops may not give this much power on the USB jack, so a charger is recommended. Modern chargers with PD will not harm the unit.

Sep 24, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #808 of 820
Can anybody compare the M8 V2 vs iFi Diablo vs DACPORT Pro?

@mgoodman Im curious if I could connect headphones the the XLR outputs(adapter) on the DACPORT Pro. Possible? - Im looking for the smallest/powerful dac/amp without battery

Sep 24, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #809 of 820
Can anybody compare the M8 V2 vs iFi Diablo vs DACPORT Pro?

@mgoodman Im curious if I could connect headphones the the XLR outputs(adapter) on the DACPORT Pro. Possible? - Im looking for the smallest/powerful dac/amp without battery
The XLR outs on DACport Pro are designed to drive long cable lines going to a mixer or monitors, so they have some impedance as is typical in pro audio. Not ideal for connecting headphones. But there is a dedicated headphone amp there with 3.5mm jack output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back