The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Jun 9, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #782 of 820
Hello I have just been reading 100+ pages on the ifi audio micro idsd signature & then someone on there mentions the CEntrance hifi m8 v2 so of course I have to investigate.
How does this compare with the ifi audio micro idsd signature does anyone know or own both ?
I would be using the astell&kern sp1000m as my source & sometimes my Samsung note9.
I use only iems for now sony ier-m9 & sennheiser ie600 with the sony ier-z1r not far away. Mobility is important in my use any suggestions its either the purchase of the CEntrance hifi m8 v2 or ifi audio micro idsd signature. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jun 10, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #783 of 820
Hello I have just been reading 100+ pages on the ifi audio micro idsd signature & then someone on there mentions the CEntrance hifi m8 v2 so of course I have to investigate.
How does this compare with the ifi audio micro idsd signature does anyone know or own both ?
I would be using the astell&kern sp1000m as my source & sometimes my Samsung note9.
I use only iems for now sony ier-m9 & sennheiser ie600 with the sony ier-z1r not far away. Mobility is important in my use any suggestions its either the purchase of the CEntrance hifi m8 v2 or ifi audio micro idsd signature. Thanks in advance for any advice.
I am not sure their type of uses are really comparable.

The Centrance M8 V2 can be maybe more versatile and rather useful in BT receiver mode for many smartphones, to be able to drive quite hard headphones or IEM, though power is still limited for some headphones (DCA Stealth/Heddphone One). The USB-C DAC function can be interesting too with a laptop.. again, with more power available than usual portable USB DAC.
But, for your 2 IEM, even the Centrance M8V2 offers probably more power than needed, and is maybe a bit too bulky.

The iFi audio micro idsd signature is probably a very good and powerful portable DAC/AMP and can probably drive most of the headphones on the market... but it can't be a BT receiver, which, can be annoying to be used with a smartphone, as, in my case, I put the M8V2 in my trousers pocket and I manage my music playlist with the smartphone which is in my jacket pocket or shirt pocket... I don't find really convenient to attach a smartphone and a DAC/AMP together, as it becomes too bulky to fit in a trousers pocket.

In short, M8V2 more versatile, Ifi signature, I think, more powerful as a laptop DAC or for a SP1000m. (But does IER-M9 or IE600 really need that much of power (Personally, I prefer to use a iFi Go blu with a IE900/Xelento).

Jun 10, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #784 of 820
I am not sure their type of uses are really comparable.

The Centrance M8 V2 can be maybe more versatile and rather useful in BT receiver mode for many smartphones, to be able to drive quite hard headphones or IEM, though power is still limited for some headphones (DCA Stealth/Heddphone One). The USB-C DAC function can be interesting too with a laptop.. again, with more power available than usual portable USB DAC.
But, for your 2 IEM, even the Centrance M8V2 offers probably more power than needed, and is maybe a bit too bulky.

The iFi audio micro idsd signature is probably a very good and powerful portable DAC/AMP and can probably drive most of the headphones on the market... but it can't be a BT receiver, which, can be annoying to be used with a smartphone, as, in my case, I put the M8V2 in my trousers pocket and I manage my music playlist with the smartphone which is in my jacket pocket or shirt pocket... I don't find really convenient to attach a smartphone and a DAC/AMP together, as it becomes too bulky to fit in a trousers pocket.

In short, M8V2 more versatile, Ifi signature, I think, more powerful as a laptop DAC or for a SP1000m. (But does IER-M9 or IE600 really need that much of power (Personally, I prefer to use a iFi Go blu with a IE900/Xelento).
Thanks for the great reply but I probably should have been more clear about my use for the dac/amp use.
My mobile listing while walking or driving consists of my note9 bluetoothed to my bluetooth shure se846 or my sony m9 utws5 bluetooth set ups.
I want the dac/amp & astell&kern sp1000m for home & caravan use.
So bluetooth is not needed with dac/amp set-up. I do plan on buying harder to drive iems or maybe headphones later on and wouldn't mind the Xbass & 3d signature modes or bass increase & treble increase modes on the CEntrance for different sound signatures.
I never own any dacs or amps so it's all new to me. Thanks again.

Jun 10, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #785 of 820
image_2022-06-10_202041003.png

Hi, Have anyone came across Dacport Pro before? How is its sounds compare to Centrance Hifi M8 v2, is I only use it for USB Dac and IEMs. I know there are Dacport HD, but that one have micro usb, and don't have the awesome LED VU Meter.

Jun 24, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #787 of 820
sound is good but build quality is very cheap. 2.5 jack stopped working properly. pity... switched all cable to single 3.5 for now, will see how much longer it will work. I did really hope they improved quality after BlueDAC, hope died very quickly. unfortunately. looks like the same failure.
Can't you use a connector for the other ports to play iems?

Jun 24, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #789 of 820
You mean use the balanced XLR that specifically says no IEM?? Lolol
Yup. Will it blow your ears out? Is that a safe (cover their azz) warning or a real warning?

I ask because on my ifi signature I can play the z1r at full power at 11 to 12 o'clock. But they say that's too much for iems

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #792 of 820
Do you have a review comparing this to the Ampersand?
Comparing ?
As they are not really comparable, I would say maybe they are complementary, if you use on the way some high power demanding Headphones like DCA Stealth or HEDDphone One, the Ampersand is one of the few ways available to go..
The M8V2 is a BT Full DAC with a rather powerrful amp integrated (but less than Ampersand, The M8V2 can't drive fully a DCA Stealth without clipping sometimes in ultra low frequencies) but M8V2 is really convincing when used whith a good smartphone as source and most of Dynamic headphones/IEM of the market.
The Ampersand needs an external DAC as source.. it has no BT or USB-C Input.
I use the Ampersand, for long trips, connected with a 4.4mm balanced cable to a Sony WM1A with a DCA Stealth and switch when needed with a Vision Ears EXT plugged directly to the WM1A.
I almost never use a stacked M8V2+Ampersand as it is too bulky for me...I would say a WM1A + Ampersand + Smartphone is the max weight/size I want to use.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #794 of 820
Comparing ?
As they are not really comparable, I would say maybe they are complementary, if you use on the way some high power demanding Headphones like DCA Stealth or HEDDphone One, the Ampersand is one of the few ways available to go..
The M8V2 is a BT Full DAC with a rather powerrful amp integrated (but less than Ampersand, The M8V2 can't drive fully a DCA Stealth without clipping sometimes in ultra low frequencies) but M8V2 is really convincing when used whith a good smartphone as source and most of Dynamic headphones/IEM of the market.
The Ampersand needs an external DAC as source.. it has no BT or USB-C Input.
I use the Ampersand, for long trips, connected with a 4.4mm balanced cable to a Sony WM1A with a DCA Stealth and switch when needed with a Vision Ears EXT plugged directly to the WM1A.
I almost never use a stacked M8V2+Ampersand as it is too bulky for me...I would say a WM1A + Ampersand + Smartphone is the max weight/size I want to use.
Thanks for the info!

Jul 30, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #795 of 820
Do you have a review comparing this to the Ampersand?
I do, in both of my reviews:

Ampersand

M8Mk2

I think they work best together, but if I had to choose one it would be the M8Mk2 for the versatility. Together, they had me questioning my iFi Pro iCAN/iDSD combination. I consider both Centrance models to be about as good as it gets at this price and decently above. I would be perfectly happy equally using both as a home and "transportable" set up.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back