The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Jan 9, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #741 of 820
Can anyone compare this to Mojo sound quality wise. Love the mojo sound but I hates how limited it capabilities it considering the price.
They sound different. Mojo is warmer and while details are there, it seems to be smoother, maybe sweeter sounding one may say. HiFi-M8 V2 is I can say, neutral. But regarding technicality, Mojo is clearly inferior. I've really liked Mojo but its claustrophobic stage was severely irritating. It also couldn't handle busier passages with enough authority compared to M8 V2. In addition regarding the sound compatibility, M8 V2 can match up with many headphones nicely. Mojo is really cool when it finds the right headphone but due to this distinct sound color, I think it matches really badly with some headphones. This limits your choices.

Jan 9, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #742 of 820
They sound different. Mojo is warmer and while details are there, it seems to be smoother, maybe sweeter sounding one may say. HiFi-M8 V2 is I can say, neutral. But regarding technicality, Mojo is clearly inferior. I've really liked Mojo but its claustrophobic stage was severely irritating. It also couldn't handle busier passages with enough authority compared to M8 V2. In addition regarding the sound compatibility, M8 V2 can match up with many headphones nicely. Mojo is really cool when it finds the right headphone but due to this distinct sound color, I think it matches really badly with some headphones. This limits your choices.
Thanks friend, going to save some money for the M8 v2!

Jan 10, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #743 of 820

Jan 10, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #745 of 820
Jan 11, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #746 of 820
Endorsement for Centrance:
I bought the original Hi-Fi M8 in 2014. I replaced the battery a couple of years ago. It’s still going strong in my desktop rig. It gives me a very neutral sound, with the option for bass/treble boost. I just did a review for Sennheiser’s HD820 using the M8.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sennheiser-hd-820.22850/reviews

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #747 of 820
Jan 23, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #748 of 820
I have both and it seems that the sound from the V2 is "cleaner". Hard to explain with letters and figures. Personally I can care less about all the discussions about figures. My ears are my figures. I listened to a "perfect" package at CES some years ago. Think total price was around $80,000. They were called Sennheiser Orphan something and I must say - I prefer my Audeze LCD4 with my Centrance AMP. So most likely there is a big problem with my ears but again I go for what I feel sounds like it should sound. I have a few songs/albums that I use to compare. Eric Clapton - Unplugged, Pavarotti two songs, EST Swedish Group and Nils Landgren Swedish artist. That is my reference. 20 years ago I was just in to figures now when I am 200 years old - better to listen. If I like what I hear - more important. And I have sofar never been disappointed by any Centrance product. With that said, Sony can be good too and I have tried many DAC like Chord etc. But in the end I feel that life is too short to search all the time if Centrance work I go with them.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #749 of 820
I have both and it seems that the sound from the V2 is "cleaner". Hard to explain with letters and figures. Personally I can care less about all the discussions about figures. My ears are my figures. I listened to a "perfect" package at CES some years ago. Think total price was around $80,000. They were called Sennheiser Orphan something and I must say - I prefer my Audeze LCD4 with my Centrance AMP. So most likely there is a big problem with my ears but again I go for what I feel sounds like it should sound. I have a few songs/albums that I use to compare. Eric Clapton - Unplugged, Pavarotti two songs, EST Swedish Group and Nils Landgren Swedish artist. That is my reference. 20 years ago I was just in to figures now when I am 200 years old - better to listen. If I like what I hear - more important. And I have sofar never been disappointed by any Centrance product. With that said, Sony can be good too and I have tried many DAC like Chord etc. But in the end I feel that life is too short to search all the time if Centrance work I go with them.
Thanks for sharing!

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #750 of 820
Hi. I'm writing with a problem. I purchased my v2 when it was still in pre-production. By the time I got it, I had started using a Dethonray DTR1 Prelude for most of my portable listening, had a dying PC, a dead laptop, so I didn't use the v2 very much (I had used the old v1 quite a bit from an iPad in a complicated set up that worked well). Recently I got a new PC and a new Laptop (Windows 10 both), and tried to connect the M8 v2 to my laptop. I got errors, the usb device is malfunctioning and not able to be used, or something along those lines. I wrote to CEntrance a few days ago, haven't heard back (was surprised, in the past they've been very responsive). Any suggestions for how to go about fixing the issue? Thanks (haven't tried on the PC yet, it's hooked to an old LH Labs Geek Out Special Edition, working OK so haven't wanted to mess with it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back