The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Nov 1, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #721 of 820
Posting here as I didn't see anything posted about it yet. I have the Hifi M8 V2 plugged into my PC through USB-C. Anytime I restart my computer, I have to also restart the device for it to be detected by my PC when the device is left on. Anyone else experienced this? Minor inconvenience by would love it if the device gets detected on its own instead of having to restart it.

Nov 16, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #722 of 820
I recieved the ddhifi XLR 4 pin to balanced 4.4mm and it works well

68ACBA36-BF71-498F-A809-BF11674744CE.jpeg6284105F-56AB-41DA-A5AB-6DD436695DF3.jpegA78191CC-05D8-4492-AAC0-643F9316F566.jpeg

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #723 of 820
A question:
Does anyone know which parts of the frequency response does the bass and treble eq on the HiFi-M8 V2 boost in terms of Hz?

Nov 21, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #724 of 820
An update on Ampersand:

I wanted to let you know that we are making a couple of improvements compared to the CANJAM proto.

- Beta-testers requested that the output jack became 1/4" as opposed to 3.5 mm. Large planars often come with the big plug and while removing the need for bulky cable adapters, this change also communicates higher power. We want to steer people away from using IEMs with this beast in order to save their ears.

- We have redesigned the power supply yet one more time to provide more robust power delivery, which results in even lower THD and better bass.

Just keeping you guys in the loop. I'm on version 17 of the PCB right now, had to rip-up and overhaul the design several times, in order to fit the new features and improve power delivery infrastructure. Version 17 is the highest one we've ever had. This represents a lot of learning about high-power battery systems and subsequent optimizations.

Small packages make this challenging, yet I'm determined to make this an amazing product for planars. Planning to complete the redesign early next week, hold an internal review and then it's off to the factory.
Any update on when the specs would be released ? I saw updated images on Centrance AMPERSAND product page with outputs being 4.4 mm, 6.35 mm and XLR.

Dec 7, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #725 of 820
Any update on when the specs would be released ? I saw updated images on Centrance AMPERSAND product page with outputs being 4.4 mm, 6.35 mm and XLR.
An update on Ampersand:

I wanted to let you know that we are making a couple of improvements compared to the CANJAM proto.

- Beta-testers requested that the output jack became 1/4" as opposed to 3.5 mm. Large planars often come with the big plug and while removing the need for bulky cable adapters, this change also communicates higher power. We want to steer people away from using IEMs with this beast in order to save their ears.

- We have redesigned the power supply yet one more time to provide more robust power delivery, which results in even lower THD and better bass.

Just keeping you guys in the loop. I'm on version 17 of the PCB right now, had to rip-up and overhaul the design several times, in order to fit the new features and improve power delivery infrastructure. Version 17 is the highest one we've ever had. This represents a lot of learning about high-power battery systems and subsequent optimizations.

Small packages make this challenging, yet I'm determined to make this an amazing product for planars. Planning to complete the redesign early next week, hold an internal review and then it's off to the factory.

Sounds perfect! One ordered two days ago.

Dec 13, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #726 of 820
Any plans to make a DAC integrated version of the Ampersand? Curious to see it as an AIO unit.

Dec 17, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #727 of 820
Good news. Fedex has our ampersand shipment and it's scheduled to land in our warehouse next week. We will test everything and report ASAP. A busy Holiday season!

Meantime, Best Wishes to everyone! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year!

(But we will probably speak before then.)

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #728 of 820
Good news. Fedex has our ampersand shipment and it's scheduled to land in our warehouse next week. We will test everything and report ASAP. A busy Holiday season!

Meantime, Best Wishes to everyone! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year!

(But we will probably speak before then.)
I think Ampersand will be a perfect attachment to my HiFi-M8. Right now with my Audeze LCD-4 I have to use the highest volume on my amp. Great with some extra wattage. I am a bit sad with CEntrance - when you find "The perfect system" and don't have to shop around any more it is less fun but more great sound! :). I am always curious though and can se SONY or Apple or whatever large company buy CEntrance for its capability to make very high end products at a reasonable price. My gut feeling says it is not for sale my Mr Goodman. Just thoughts.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #729 of 820
Hey everybody, firstly, Happy New Year! May it bring more joy and excitement than 2021. Should hopefully be easy to do :)

Now, on to Ampersand.
We have received the shipment and put the new units on the bench.

Let me get this out of the way: We have demonstrated 6W output with 48...50 Ohm headphones. So the project goal is finally met.
THD is quite low at 0.0089% at full power, which is quite impressive if I say so myself.

I have listened to the unit extensively and it sounds exceptional. I just have one complaint - it's too damn loud for me. But that was the project goal anyway, so it's achieved. I'm not the customer here, you are :)

We are sending a couple of units to beta testers today and should be able to start shipping within a week, barring any unexpected issues.

In summary, this latest version is miles ahead of what we showed at CANJAM and I'm happy to bless it for release. It's A LOT louder than M8V2, so anyone who is not happy with the output power of M8V2 will be happy here.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #730 of 820
Hey everybody, firstly, Happy New Year! May it bring more joy and excitement than 2021. Should hopefully be easy to do :)

Now, on to Ampersand.
We have received the shipment and put the new units on the bench.

Let me get this out of the way: We have demonstrated 6W output with 48...50 Ohm headphones. So the project goal is finally met.
THD is quite low at 0.0089% at full power, which is quite impressive if I say so myself.

I have listened to the unit extensively and it sounds exceptional. I just have one complaint - it's too damn loud for me. But that was the project goal anyway, so it's achieved. I'm not the customer here, you are :)

We are sending a couple of units to beta testers today and should be able to start shipping within a week, barring any unexpected issues.

In summary, this latest version is miles ahead of what we showed at CANJAM and I'm happy to bless it for release. It's A LOT louder than M8V2, so anyone who is not happy with the output power of M8V2 will be happy here.
I am excited! Think Ampersand and HiFi M8 will be a perfect combination for my electrostatics

Jan 6, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #735 of 820
Me too .... I use a DCA Stealth for travelling or at office.
I am waiting for my Ampersand and I will see if it can play a "Cradle To The Grave" track from Max Richter at a realistic volume level without clipping between 50" and 1'10" (expecting clear and powerful bass and ultra bass).
Centrance M8V2 can't at all, like A&K Kann Alpha.. only Less BX2+ manage to pass such test (as portable device).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back