The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Jul 12, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #661 of 820
Greetings from Turkey. I’ve been a fan of Centrance Dacportable since 2019, and today I’ve met it’s impressive sibling. I think HiFi-M8 V2 has the same color with the Dacportable but with clearly enhanced musicality and technicality. So it is a win!!
I am sincerely happy with the result and I thank Mr.Goodman all the way from here.
FCEC57EA-9A06-4D06-8930-342C01F95E9D.jpeg

Aug 31, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #662 of 820
Something this compact has no business sounding this good with an HD 800. :open_mouth:

HiFi-M8_V2_001a.jpg

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #663 of 820
Something this compact has no business sounding this good with an HD 800. :open_mouth:

HiFi-M8_V2_001a.jpg
This is what I’m saying! It’s freaking awesome with HD800/800s. It’s great with everything I own.

The only reason it’s not my primary 24/7 DAC on my Windows PC rig feeding a speaker amp and for headphones is just because I don’t want to destroy the battery leaving it plugged in 24/7 because I forget to unplug them. I need to ask Michael about how the battery would handle being connected to ISB-C power/data full time.

Usually I only leave DAC’s plugged in that don’t have batteries. I did plug-in my really old HiFiM8 V1 in the bedroom by the bed, and forgot that it’s been sitting plugged in 24/7 since the last RMAF Oct 2019, so I guess it’s time to run a battery life test.

Sep 2, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #665 of 820
This is what I’m saying! It’s freaking awesome with HD800/800s. It’s great with everything I own.

Now I'm starting to wonder how it performs with a few demanding headphones that I don't have here atm... HEDD, Susvara, etc. Not that the HD 800 is incredibly hard to drive in the first place, but I am nowhere near running out of headroom with it.

The only reason it’s not my primary 24/7 DAC on my Windows PC rig feeding a speaker amp and for headphones is just because I don’t want to destroy the battery leaving it plugged in 24/7 because I forget to unplug them. I need to ask Michael about how the battery would handle being connected to USB-C power/data full time.

Oh, I don't think you'll have to worry about that, for two main reasons:
  1. The instruction card says it's "okay to keep your M8 permanently plugged in. It will not be harmed."
  2. By the time you notice a significant drop in battery capacity, it will be time to upgrade to V3. 🤣

Sep 2, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #666 of 820
Power seemed just fine through the 6.3 mm port. However I don't have any really demanding headphones like the HE-6. I'm using Anandas and Elex.
Thanks, I bought an xlr cable just in case :)

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #667 of 820
Now I'm starting to wonder how it performs with a few demanding headphones that I don't have here atm... HEDD, Susvara, etc. Not that the HD 800 is incredibly hard to drive in the first place, but I am nowhere near running out of headroom with it.

Oh, I don't think you'll have to worry about that, for two main reasons:
  1. The instruction card says it's "okay to keep your M8 permanently plugged in. It will not be harmed."
  2. By the time you notice a significant drop in battery capacity, it will be time to upgrade to V3.
It can drive the HEDD's but it needs max volume to get enjoyable sound. A couple more watts and it would have the headroom needed to the perfect portable to my ears. Forget about the Susvara's. It's a different animal and very amp picky.

IMG_1303.jpg

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #668 of 820
It can drive the HEDD's but it needs max volume to get enjoyable sound. A couple more watts and it would have the headroom needed to the perfect portable to my ears. Forget about the Susvara's. It's a different animal and very amp picky.

IMG_1303.jpg

:thinking: Hmm, have you tried the HEDD using the XLR output?

Sep 2, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #669 of 820
:thinking: Hmm, have you tried the HEDD using the XLR output?
I need to get the HEDD balanced cable. I have a few cables for my Audeze headphones. When I tried them on the HEDDphone the polarity was reversed and it threw the sound of the headphones off. I almost returned the HEDD’s because of this. Then I tried the stock cable and the head came to life.

I have tried my Diana V2’s with the Hifi-M8 V2 using the balanced output. It was the same thing, the Hifi-M8 V2 ran out of headroom to my ears. I was at max volume to get good sound.

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #670 of 820
I need to get the HEDD balanced cable. I have a few cables for my Audeze headphones. When I tried them on the HEDDphone the polarity was reversed and it threw the sound of the headphones off. I almost returned the HEDD’s because of this. Then I tried the stock cable and the head came to life.

Yeah, same here. I also have quite a few Audeze cables here, and I'm dismayed that none of them will work properly. Thanks!

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #672 of 820
A question; Is it safe to turn the device on and off while the gain is at high?

I've done that a bunch of times, and it doesn't seem to have any ill effects. :relaxed:

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #674 of 820
Hello everyone. I bought Centrans and it pisses me off that it does not connect the first time as a DAC. it connects, but there is no sound. you need to reconnect it each time or turn on the bluetooth and change the output again so that the sound appears. I want to break it.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #675 of 820
Hello everyone. I bought Centrans and it pisses me off that it does not connect the first time as a DAC. it connects, but there is no sound. you need to reconnect it each time or turn on the bluetooth and change the output again so that the sound appears. I want to break it.
Yes that's true .. by default, Bluetooth is active when you power on the M8 V2 and not USB-DAC. It's a bit annoying it doesn't memorize the last statement.

I noticed that the Bluetooth APTX is rather a good quality with the M8V2, though it has a limited bandwidth compared to Sony LDAC, but it's worth to use it as it gives more playing time than USB-C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back