The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Dec 1, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #422 of 820
So many months waiting (years ? for some here).. and no one planning announced of any potential delivery.... :sob::sob::sob:

Dec 1, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #423 of 820
So many months waiting (years ? for some here).. and no one planning announced of any potential delivery.... :sob::sob::sob:
Yep, a year and half for me. I preordered last June. The wait has been painful to say the least.

Dec 4, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #425 of 820
As there is strictly no information about any delivery timing for this M8V2 after so many months waiting, I give up to expect it will be delivered soon or late, so I ordered an Astell & Kern Kann Alpha with 12V output amp.

I will try to see if there is a way to cancel my order at Centrance as I didn't know it would be like participating in a Kickstarter like project, but I pre-ordered on a Pro official website a final product, just a few weeks before it should have been officially available.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #426 of 820
Hello all, Michael here with a couple of updates:

- We wrote a short paper about the design philosophy for the HiFi-M8. There has been some controversy online (people aren't getting the point of the product) so we decided to provide some insight into who it's for and how we went about designing it. Here is a link to a PDF paper (4 pages, 900 kB)

HiFi-M8 Design Criteria

- Regarding fulfillment, another batch of units (sufficient to fulfill all outstanding orders) has just been finished in China and was sent to Taiwan for adding batteries (batteries are sitting in Taiwan, don't get me started). We expect the batch here around the 18th. I hired two techs to come in and help turn around and send all of them out before, during and after Christmas. Fingers crossed. We've been sending out a lot of emails with address verification requests. So, yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel. And I am very sorry for how long this has taken. No holidays for me until it's all sent out.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #427 of 820
- We wrote a short paper about the design philosophy for the HiFi-M8. There has been some controversy online (people aren't getting the point of the product) so we decided to provide some insight into who it's for and how we went about designing it. Here is a link to a PDF paper (4 pages, 900 kB)

HiFi-M8 Design Criteria
Well done, and you took the high road there, even though the pseudo science site that generates these controversies (yes plural) never does.

Dec 5, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #428 of 820
Well done, and you took the high road there, even though the pseudo science site that generates these controversies (yes plural) never does.
Yeah... Appreciated. Incidentally headphones rarely fall below 1% THD and I haven't seen them address that at all.

The joke I wanted to make (but didn't): It would be funny if they started to measure guitar amps -- they would fail all of them for high distortion. Rock and roll will therefore be immediately canceled.

Dec 14, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #430 of 820
Tested the new V2 for a week. AMAZING!! Clear and black mening quiet background. Extremely good sound quality. Not sure if the sound is better with cable or not. Did some blind tests but can not decide. Battery life great. I liked the rubber volume button better on the old version but small things, this will kill any Sony, Fio or whatever. Just buy it!

Dec 14, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #431 of 820
Tested the new V2 for a week. AMAZING!! Clear and black mening quiet background. Extremely good sound quality. Not sure if the sound is better with cable or not. Did some blind tests but can not decide. Battery life great. I liked the rubber volume button better on the old version but small things, this will kill any Sony, Fio or whatever. Just buy it!
Nice, I guess according to the last update we're all getting a little bit closer to receiving our units. I can't wait!

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #434 of 820
I have received my shipping notification yesterday. I hope everyone has! Merry Christmas!
Not yet, but I know it's coming...Congrats on getting yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back