The CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 V2 Thread
Nov 5, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #391 of 820
Not on my end, no.

On a side note, after years of evading Fiio due to the personal bias against this company, I have received their M11 Pro yesterday, and I am loving it so far. Even more than Mojo with my iems (Andromeda and Roxanne so far). I am definitely looking forward to hear Centrance's implementation of AKM chips in M8 V2 now!

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #392 of 820
As they don't reply to mails ..I ordered only in May 2020 without knowing it was so far still just a project and I was expecting it would be delivered in June........ But nothing since my order (just a confirmation in June that Bluetooth option was included in my order)
So any idea if this project of M8 V2 is still alive ?

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #393 of 820
Had mine since Nov 5th, order#1607. Hope everyone who ordered gets theirs soon :)

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #394 of 820
As they don't reply to mails ..I ordered only in May 2020 without knowing it was so far still just a project and I was expecting it would be delivered in June........ But nothing since my order (just a confirmation in June that Bluetooth option was included in my order)
So any idea if this project of M8 V2 is still alive ?
I got an email and the project is very much alive. They said they hope to have all the preorders out by mid December

Nov 16, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #395 of 820
So I just can wait and hope .. that before Christmas my order, finally will be here ... :thinking:

Nov 16, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #396 of 820
So I just can wait and hope .. that before Christmas my order, finally will be here ... :thinking:
It’s painful no doubt. I’ve been waiting since last June when I put my preorder in. I’m filled with angst.

Nov 16, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #398 of 820
Already two for sale on eBay...
Dang that was fast. They’re slightly overpriced but that is to be expected since demand is high. The seller probably moved on since the wait was so long to get the unit.

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #399 of 820
Audio Science Review is coming tomorrow!

I’m excited to get my unit back after a month out there in queue for testing.

Nov 22, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #401 of 820
So, he didn’t like it: Audio Science Review.

I can’t speak to the measurements, but I think his design concerns are subjective.I like the design and think it makes sense to make it difficult to accidentally switch things that you aren’t often going to want to adjust.

I will ask CEntrance their thoughts on this, since it’s my unit.

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #402 of 820
So, he didn’t like it: Audio Science Review.

I can’t speak to the measurements, but I think his design concerns are subjective.I like the design and think it makes sense to make it difficult to accidentally switch things that you aren’t often going to want to adjust.

I will ask CEntrance their thoughts on this, since it’s my unit.

Yes I generally ignore his subjective points and get straight to 'does it do what the manufacturer claims'. It seems maybe not :sweat:

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #404 of 820
I wonder what the reaction of Centrance will be... interestingly though, it seems that lot of Schiit’s gear rated even worse in SN ratio, maybe because those are multibits?

Actually not their recent products... last products measured over there have measured well at ASR.

Even the Centrance DACPort HD measured well at ASR

Nov 22, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #405 of 820
Actually not their recent products... last products measured over there have measured well at ASR.

Even the Centrance DACPort HD measured well at ASR
Good point. I was focusing on Yggdrassil, which I believe is still their flagship, but I haven’t checked their portfolio as of late.

Still, SNR might not be as huge an issue if the harmonics are good, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back