The Cayin C5 portable power house.
May 24, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #1,636 of 2,420
When I got my first C5 I used them non stop for a good 2 weeks. That was when I got my replacement sent by the nice folks at Cayin. I had an isolated issue with the headphone plug cutting out. I had a rare opportunity to compare a well used C5 vs a fresh out of box C5 and it is just like how your hearing them. My broken in C5 sounded smoother cleaner a bit more expanded.

May 26, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #1,639 of 2,420
Anybody else noticed that the battery loses charge even when switched off?

There have been times when I've put my fully charged C5 in a drawer and come back a week later to find it completely dead. 

The unit is still under warranty so I'm going to see about a replacement but I'm just wondering how the drain is even possible.

May 26, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #1,640 of 2,420
Not sure, how it works from technical perspective, but even Rockbox can drain batteries when not used (that's happening to my iRiver H320).

May 26, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #1,641 of 2,420
  Anybody else noticed that the battery loses charge even when switched off?

There have been times when I've put my fully charged C5 in a drawer and come back a week later to find it completely dead. 

The unit is still under warranty so I'm going to see about a replacement but I'm just wondering how the drain is even possible.

That doesn't happen with mine..in fact I'm surprised that it holds a charge as long as it does
It seems that your unit is providing output somehow even when "off".
(Curious how Cayin responds when you contact them....)

May 26, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,642 of 2,420
I have a question regarding the THD of Caying C5. Here - http://en.cayin.cn/product_view.asp?id=792 the value is listed as THD <= 0.003% (1kHz) where as in the product leaflet itself it says <= 0.02% - which one is it?

May 27, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #1,643 of 2,420
  I have a question regarding the THD of Caying C5. Here - http://en.cayin.cn/product_view.asp?id=792 the value is listed as THD <= 0.003% (1kHz) where as in the product leaflet itself it says <= 0.02% - which one is it?

Correct one is <=0.02%. Thanks very much Svetlyo. We will correct the data on our website. 

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 27, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #1,644 of 2,420

That doesn't happen with mine..in fact I'm surprised that it holds a charge as long as it does
It seems that your unit is providing output somehow even when "off".
(Curious how Cayin responds when you contact them....)

Got an email from Cayin saying it's definitely "abnormal" behaviour. They also quoted a playback time of 12 hours, which I am certainly not getting with this unit (lucky if I get 5).

Looks like the battery is borked. I'll be contacting my local retailer for an RMA.

May 28, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #1,647 of 2,420
I had this battery draining when not in used issues and did posted about it months back. I was told it's normal at that time and now I read it's not normal. Gosh.

C5 has a battery check function, so when users turn off the power, the battery is not completely cut off the supply of which the MCU remains in working condition, and a very low current operation. If the user is charged off to C5 static operating current and the battery capacity, he can keep more than a month of standby time.

I think CAYIN TEAM reply "abnormal" refers to the user merely place a few days completely exhausted battery, the battery may be problems, but also perhaps the question is no idle power itself is full of. I also hope that when users when information may describe the state as clearly as possible. This allows us to get more accurate information and provide better service.
THX.

May 28, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #1,648 of 2,420
C5 has a battery check function, so when users turn off the power, the battery is not completely cut off the supply of which the MCU remains in working condition, and a very low current operation. If the user is charged off to C5 static operating current and the battery capacity, he can keep more than a month of standby time.

I think CAYIN TEAM reply "abnormal" refers to the user merely place a few days completely exhausted battery, the battery may be problems, but also perhaps the question is no idle power itself is full of. I also hope that when users when information may describe the state as clearly as possible. This allows us to get more accurate information and provide better service.
THX.

Ok. Noted. Will be more specific in future before posting. Apologises for the inconvenience cause. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back